Rabobank Challenge Cup | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Rabobank Challenge Cup

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
These victory ceremonies in Corona times are not very nice, but I suppose it's inevitable. I can totally understand why Mikhail raised his eye brows for having to do a victory lap (with a mask on) after that, looking at all those empty seats.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
First three pairs on the ice for the warm-up:
Alexandra Herbiková / Nicolas Roulet
Greta Crafoord / John Crafoord
Dorota Broda / Pedro Betegon

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Alexandra and Nicolas had quite a nice skate. A 2-footed landing on one throw, but clean for the rest. Only...no triples? And I believe they even both singled their SBS axels. Still, better than a lot of falls!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I really like Greta and John. They did a triple twist, there was a fall on one throw but in total it looked so much better than yesterday. Again, not the minimum TES they need for Worlds (but then they did not achieve that in the SP either). I hope they can still go as 'host pick'.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
A bit of a mixed bag for Dorota and Pedro. Rather awkward dismount from their first lift, the others were okay. One beautifully landed throw (couldn't see if it was double or triple) and a fall on the other (which was a triple). Some step out problems in their combination SBS jumps. And, yes, Greta and John have passed them by in the standings.

Now for the second group of skaters:
Daria Danilova and Michel Tsiba
Nika Osipova and Dmitry Epstein
Elisavets Zhuk and Martin Bidar

Sara Conti and Niccolo Machii have withdrawn. I am not surprised. I was so proud of them yesterday to skate on after that horrible fall.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
It's important for Michel and Daria to skate well (well, it always is), but their rivals did better yesterday.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Much better than the last time I saw them at this FS (when Michel had a terrible day), but I'm afraid it won't be enough. Only a double twist, a fall by Daria one of the SBS jumps and one somewhat awkward dismount in the lifts. But it looked really much better than their last outing. 88.23 and slightly more than 44 in TES. We shall see!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Nika and Dmitry have a beautiful programme, if it is skated well. A bit sloppy for now (that will improve once they skate a bit longer together) and some real problems. A fall on one throw, and the SBS combination jumps weren't good. I wonder....

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
They're still in front of Michel and Daria in total but they did not achieve their minimum TES here (41 something). So, I guess it'll be Daria and Michel who'll be attending Worlds.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I enjoyed watching Eliavets and Martin. Sure, some mistakes (a two footed landing from a throw for one) but not all that problematic. For the rest, just lovely.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Ice resurfacing. Rika Kihira's FS from last year at Challenge on screen.
As they have put up the protocols for them, but haven't updated the rest of the links for the men's competition herewith a picture with the results.

Attachments

• Uitslag mannen 2021.jpg
    Uitslag mannen 2021.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 24

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Next and last group of skaters is on the ice:
Coline Keriven and Noel Antoine Pierre
Iouila Chtchetinina and Márk Magyar
Annika Hocke and Robert Kunkel
Evgenya Tarosova and Vladimir Morosov

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
They started off so beautifully, Coline and Noel Antoine looked like dancers with pairs elements, then she fell on the second throw, and a lift was aborted. What a pity! Elisavets and Martin have passed them by in the standings.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Iouila landed the throw jumps beautifully! Some problems with the SBS with this couple but pretty solid for the rest. They've got themselves a medal!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
That was good. Annika had a hand on the ice with one throw, but I think they can be satisfied with that skate. Those lifts are just fantastic. I'm not sure whether the second throw was a double or triple (no replays alas), but it was landed perfectly well. Annika looked to be enjoying herself too, which always makes a skate even nicer to watch. Not so pleased with the result, but they are still easily in 1st place.

Sabine

On the Ice
Beautiful skate of Annika an Robert. They did a 3FTh and a 3LoTh. I would have expected a higher score, but well... next time.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Despite them missing the combination SBS jump (Vladimir fell, Evegenia did only a double and I'm not sure she even did a second jump) and Evgenia stepping out and a hand on the ice in the second throw, the quality of the rest was excellent (that triple twist!), so should remain in the lead and win the FS. They did.