Mikhail Kolyada | Page 244 | Golden Skate

Mikhail Kolyada

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Everybody can calm down, White Crow is back.

How on earth am I supposed to stay calm!!! Its the white crow!!

Azikin

Medalist
Yay, amazing news! And I read yesterday Mishin saying "If we continued to skate the “White Crow” without a pause, it would soon turn from a magnificent white raven into a shabby crow which everyone is tired of”.. :biggrin:

And one more prayer for the blue shirt: :pray:

Tutto

Record Breaker
New interview (in Russian):

RoundedBackCamel

On the Ice
I don’t know why but I suddenly have access to tons of Kolyada performances that I didn’t have for the longest time. Maybe it was geopolitical reasons. I used to get the warning abt state-run w/e and just eyeroll. It’s freaking ice skating. Anyway, not looking a gift horse in the mouth but I’m wondering if these have been released because White Crow is coming back or it’s just a coincidence.

I know this is old hat to you all, but there is also a fan vid of an exhibition of an obscure event of Misha skating to Hallelujah back in 2016.! Not posting link but I think it’s about the most beautiful Ina Bauer I have ever seen. The camera didn’t even catch it all.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I just wanted to say that I liked the new costume. And I’m happy he’s landing his quads with surprising solvency here. Not perfect, but I get this feeling they are really hammering in on these jumps and we are closer and closer to seeing him getting them right.

God, I hope he does. These programs deserve a glorious send off.

RoundedBackCamel

On the Ice
I’m pleased too. He landed two really solid quad salchows. It looks like he’s getting it together.

I like the new costume. Sure it’s not the “magical blue shirt,” but it’s a great improvement over the black and white shirt at Worlds. With his balletic moves, need to see the collarbone! It also occurred to me that it is very reminiscent of a white crow, if there were such a thing. I think more of Nureyev than literally a white crow, but the costume could suggest black as being the crow and the white being the clouds/heavens above and striving toward it, as toward perfection.

I also like Kondratiuk’s wildness. Ofc I’d rather Misha won, but can’t argue with the result. They make a nice counterpoint to one another.

Very, VERY interested in the European selection and then the Oly team that results.

Azikin

Medalist
I’m pleased too. He landed two really solid quad salchows. It looks like he’s getting it together.

I like the new costume. Sure it’s not the “magical blue shirt,” but it’s a great improvement over the black and white shirt at Worlds. With his balletic moves, need to see the collarbone! It also occurred to me that it is very reminiscent of a white crow, if there were such a thing. I think more of Nureyev than literally a white crow, but the costume could suggest black as being the crow and the white being the clouds/heavens above and striving toward it, as toward perfection.

I also like Kondratiuk’s wildness. Ofc I’d rather Misha won, but can’t argue with the result. They make a nice counterpoint to one another.

Very, VERY interested in the European selection and then the Oly team that results.
Agreed about the costume. About spots, Mark and Misha should be locks now, I hope.

AxelLover

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Having seen a lot of Kolyada hate lately I feel a strong urge to write the following in this thread (whre it's safe I hope):

Kolyada is the best Russian male skater of today by far. His skating skills, interpretation of music, body posture, quality of movements and overall elegance is out of this world. And so are his jumps when he hits them.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Having seen a lot of Kolyada hate lately I feel a strong urge to write the following in this thread (whre it's safe I hope):

Kolyada is the best Russian male skater of today by far. His skating skills, interpretation of music, body posture, quality of movements and overall elegance is out of this world. And so are his jumps when he hits them.
People hate on Misha for judges and Rus Fed decisions. Like he was making them. He is gorgeous skater and I really wish for him to skate clean, I want to see him happy finally. It is always a pleasure to watch.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
People hate on Misha for judges and Rus Fed decisions. Like he was making them. He is gorgeous skater and I really wish for him to skate clean, I want to see him happy finally. It is always a pleasure to watch.
I don't see what there is to hate about the decisions of the judges and RusFed. Misha won his place at Euros himself, if there is someone to hate it's not him. I think there is a new generation of fans created by certain developments in the Russian skating that do not understand components and believe they are (or should be) about having the right coach, politicking, and tech.

Tutto

Record Breaker
I must be a very hard one to please - I do not like a new costume, alas. The idea is good but the fabric chosen for the shirt -?!! it looks like a plastic bag sadly. It doesn't fold softly, I am quite upset why they can not see it. And I think a pale blue colour would be much better than white (white/black combination is such a dull one) + a tank top underneath would be much more interesting. On the positive note - the pants are great, really suit him.

I also might be in a minority in that I am strangely glad that he finished 2nd. Let someone else to bear all that comes with the title. I think his happy smiling face on the podium said it all. Btw, the silver seems to have attached itself to Mika this season (apart from the gold medal at some small domestic comp in St Petersburg)!
I must have jinxed him because right before the SP it came to me that he didn't pop a single jump this season and then, bang, comes 1A, and then 3T and 2sal in LP argh :rolleye:
Considering the pressure of pre-Oly Nationals I think he did really well. He is on the team that all that matters! Congrats Mika!:cheer:

Fanou

Rinkside
I think it has been discussed in the Russian men thread a while ago but I wanted to ask you your opinion here... Is it set in stone that Misha will end his career this year ??? It seems to me that his gradual improvemnts, like landing successfully 2 quad Sal at the Russian Championships, are the sign that his path to success is very much a work in progress. It feels to me it would be weird to stop everything in 4 months time...