2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Poor Akiko. Gold has definitely survived her. If Gold also survives Sotnikova than the U.S 3 spots is Wagners to either take or blow. If someone in this flight beats Gold though it is possible for Wagner to skate great and still be beaten by all 5 women in the final flight potentially if they also all skate well, leaving the U.S 6th and 8th.

I was following everyone's comments about a page behind and was so excited for Gracie, but how dreadful for Akiko! I really wanted her to excel and look forward to Sochi.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Akiko SUZUKI (JPN)

Music: O (from Cirque du Soleil)

3F - hand down, < or even << in replay
2A - fall, no combo
3Lz
FCSp
StSq
CCoSp
3F - ok, but no combo
3Lo+2T
3S
2Lo
ChSt
FCCoSp

Sadly, a lot of costly mistakes.

FS: 44.49 + 59.93 - 1.00 = 103.42
Tot: 164.59, in 3rd (out of 15)

jamie

On the Ice
Severe nerves from Suzuki, and her worst technical performance ever. That was bizarre since she had nothing to lose.....

socksthecat

Rinkside
Congrats to Gracie Gold for not giving into the pressure! And I am very sorry for Akiko tonight. Love her musicality, her costume and her music this season.

aero

On the Ice
I'm very disheartened right now...
Other than the American ladies skating well enough to earn back 3 spots, Akiko was the only skater I was really looking forward to.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Aw Akiko :( I don't care what she does I love her DEARLY.

Hope she will shake it off totally and come back strong next season for the Olys. Just was not her night, she couldn't seem to quite get her legs under her. Really sad.