2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate

WinterLily

Rinkside
WOW. I've never liked Mao, but tonight, she was wonderful, the best she ever skated. What a beautiful way to retire, and such a fighter. I'm impressed!

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Great ending for Mao. Imagine she won the LP. That'd be pretty wild, even if she finished off the podium overall.

ARipp42014

Medalist
OT: America fudge yeah! US vs. Canada (ladies) on NBC right now. Plus they have Backes and Pavelski on NBCSN leading up to tomorrow's US vs. Canada (men) game.

Robeye

Final Flight
mao shows her championship worth. she'll leave sochi with her pride intact.

any questions, blades of passion? ;)

ElleK

Rinkside
Corruption captured figure skating so did Russia.
Who can explain Adelina's PCS scores??? Same as Kim & Caro? Really???

roxella

On the Ice
I just can't get over Mao's program...she was AMAZING! OMG...I don't think I have ever seen someone skating like this,with such emotions, lately...

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I feel so happy and sad. Happy that she delivered the first 8 triples program in lady, underroated or not and sad that she was so far in the standing. I hope she is proud of what she did today and move on to the next exciting chapter of her non-skating career.

BostonFan2016

Rinkside
zijun !!! MEITE!!!! SUZUKI!!!! edmunds !! europe booooooo!:agree: wonderful games!!! marchei prop up and give everyone a run :D:biggrin:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
The people at german broadcaster ARD are real professionals. While the FS is rolling they show first a medal ceremony without german participation, then a report about elder athletes' successes in Sochi. Then they remember there is a figure skating competition planned for today and show Witt's old FS from 1988. Next a report about the Kerrigan/Harding incident and an interview with Witt. And while the Great Mao Asasa performs the comeback of the evening including the last Ladies's Triple Axel for maybe many years, they show a report about a german Ski-Alpine athlete who does not compete today, only to finish it right when the ice resurfacing break begins. Now they need to fill it with nordic ski jumping. Oh those geniuses!!! :bang:

Anyway, Kudos to Mao! What a way to end a career. Well done, and thank you!

hurrah

Medalist
Mao was EPIC!!!

Hey, Kanako was interviews after her performance and she said she wasn't sure but she said she did feel the desire to come back to the Olympics again, so she may stay!!

How about those PCS, eh?

StellaCampo

On the Ice
I too cried with Mao at the end. I didn't think she had anything left in her today to produce this. I was in awe of her power and determination. Her dream of having 8 triples (almost) came true. I'm sure Tarasova is satisfied. It is such a privilege to witness this moment.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Maybe she was a little bit underscored at the PCS, but I don't care right now. It was definitely not about the scores, it was a magic moment for her and she finally skated without any pressure.

Looking forward for all the amazing ladies are going to skate in the final 2 groups, but sorry, in my opinion, no matter what, this is Mao's night!

nagoya

Rinkside
i cant help crying after mao skated.. this is one olympic that will be remembered forever, with all of us here in japan , we love you

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
mao was epic!!!

hey, kanako was interviews after her performance and she said she wasn't sure but she said she did feel the desire to come back to the olympics again, so she may stay!!

how about those pcs, eh?

yesssssssssssss