Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Russia after 1 game has more points than Spain after 2. That's ironic. Not that I believe that there are bright prospects for our team in Brazil. They will be lucky to get to the next stage where they will meet the unpassable Germany. Yes, we are the hockey nation - the world's champion this year. Canada - also the hockey nation - accepts this status and does not even try. But football is very popular in Russia and we wait for the miracle every time.

The draw with Korea is good in terms of the nations' sentiment. And fair: both teams played below the average.

LRK

Record Breaker
I think that the commentators said that Spain has conceded more goals in these two matches than the previous three tournaments combined. I may have misunderstood, in which case corrections welcome! But - gah!

makaihime

Final Flight
Adios Espana. :mad: "End of the Era" indeed.

Terrible way to go out considering this is the last WC for many of them :disapp: I blame this on DB. Hope to see them back next WC and redeem themselves. Not impossible seeing as they have some of the worlds best young players right now.

But congrats to netherland and chile ;)

BusyMom

Medalist
Russia after 1 game has more points than Spain after 2. That's ironic. Not that I believe that there are bright prospects for our team in Brazil. They will be lucky to get to the next stage where they will meet the unpassable Germany.

On the bright side, both teams (Russia/S.Korea) still have to face Germany. More likely the fight for second place is still on for both teams. This Belgium team is a biggest mess. I don't think we will see any different from the Red Devils (the nickname might be the biggest jinx of the year).

Russian team suffered a whole lot after the Soviet Union team dissolved in the 90s. Taking a long time to building up a new team. If someone like Abramovich, Rybolovlev and Usmanov decide to do something with the local teams, the progress will be big different.

Sentimental rival aside, both Russia and S. Korea both have good performance on the first game compare to some bigger team. *Cough* Spain*Cough*. Not to mention Nigeria or Ivory Coast which have more big stars in their teams.

Alba

Record Breaker
Australia broke my heart. I would've never thought Spain to be eliminated. Football is really something.

Alba

Record Breaker
Just like Italia in 2010 and France in 2002. Sigh. :slink:

Yeah but not quite the same though. Italy in 2010 had some old players other were mediocre, at best.
Spain still have plenty of quality players. I didn't thought they would win this WC but certainly quarter or semi finals.
I'm very surprised.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I am team Italia all the way. But come to think of it, has this team ever come to World Cup with a dozen of healthy players? All the injuries. :bang:

Alba

Record Breaker
I am team Italia all the way. But come to think of it, has this team ever come to World Cup with a dozen of healthy players? All the injuries. :bang:

:laugh:

I'm afraid we're gonna lose against Costa Rica. First, we play bad against small teams. Second Prandelli is playing Motta instead of Verratti.
Motta is so static that sometimes I think he doesn't move even from his sofa and and take a beer on his fridge.
Against a team who runs a lot and are quick&dynamic like Costa Rica we're going to suffer. :slink:

And of course I forgot, Buffon will play although he is not fit and not Sirigu who did very well and it's a good GK. :scowl:

Alba

Record Breaker
African teams very dissapointing in this WC.

p.s. The pitches in general are in a horrible condition.

LRK

Record Breaker
Is there any reason why David Villa hasn't played? The Swedish coach, Erik Hamrin, said that he'd seen a Spain match before the WC and been very impressed by the combination of Pedro, Diego Costa and David Villa playing together, but he'd been disappointed that this had not been done this WC, and that Villa hadn't played at all. Since Villa is my favourite current player (and he missed last Euros because of injury), I'm disappointed too... Any chance they'll put him in against Australia, so that I at least get to see him play... at all?

BusyMom

Medalist
0-2 wow Cameroon is a big mess.
LRK I heard that Villa pissed someone off by announced that he will retired after the WC. Not sure about the news but sth along that line.

LRK

Record Breaker
0-2 wow Cameroon is a big mess.
LRK I heard that Villa pissed someone off by announced that he will retired after the WC. Not sure about the news but sth along that line.

Well, if true... Great! So they retired him before the WC instead. Well, a good example of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face! That's so stupid I'm inclined to think it's probably true...

BusyMom

Medalist
Many sports run by big head with no good senses. Politics always ruin the good athletes one way or another. :no:

3 for Croatia. More goals to come it seems. :popcorn:

Alba

Record Breaker
Well, if true... Great! So they retired him before the WC instead. Well, a good example of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face! That's so stupid I'm inclined to think it's probably true...

Villa was not going to change anything. He is past his prime and is going to USA because of that. Idem for Xavi, but I imagine that's a difficult decision to make. Experience do count a lot in these tournaments.

I wonder what they could do to keep good condition for the pitch? Or it is simply because of the weather?:scratch:

There are many factors. I don't know if the weather is the only factor in Brasil though. Some stadiums are new, if I'm not mistaken, and others renovated. Good maintenance is necessary and you need to spend money on it.