Nancy Kerrigan Announcement on "Insider" | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Nancy Kerrigan Announcement on "Insider"

soogar

Record Breaker
euterpe said:
Oksana Baiul? She had one good skate and won the OGM (although, IMO, Nancy should have won), and then was gone. She blew her pro career with her alcoholism and extreme diva behavior, and at 28, can barely skate at all now. Nancy, who is 35 and had her second child less than a year ago, outskated Oksana at a recent pro competition.

Oksana had two great skates , she was a world champion. And as for Nancy, Nancy won the bulk of her medals with sh!tty skates. Didn't she fall the least and win an olympic bronze medal? Then a Worlds silver with only 2 triples. Just b/c Nancy finally was able to put together a decent performance at the Olympics doesn't mean she was meant for gold. For every gift you get, eventually you have to give something up. Nancy was definitely more gifted than most skaters.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I am thinking that this "top ten greatest female skaters" list is more "top ten stories involving female skaters".

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Piel said:
I am thinking that this "top ten greatest female skaters" list is more "top ten stories involving female skaters".

More like "top ten female skaters that we have past footage of"! :biggrin: So far besides Tai (who is around promoting the Skating With Celebrities), all the interviews/profiles have been old footage spliced with Nancy saying a few comments about the skater. And I don't believe they are ranking them, just profiling ten, one a day...at least that's what it seems like. Oh well, I never complain about skating in mainstream media and tomorrow's profile is...Kristi Yamaguchi! :love: So, I ain't missing that! LOL!

euterpe

Medalist
Oksana had her last "great skate" 12 years ago, and has not skated well since. I do not consider her one of the greatest female skaters. I don't consider either Kerrigan or Sarah Hughes in the "greatest skater" category, either.

Skaters I consider great: Kristi Yamaguchi, Katarina Witt, Tara Lipinski, Irina Slutskaya and Michelle Kwan.

tarotx said:
How is that turnabout? It maybe full circle but not really it's regression. I think a young skater gettting bumped by Michelle is kind of turnabout.

Fine then, "full circle" it is. I mixed up my metaphors.:unsure: