Pang/Tong cheering thread! | Golden Skate

Pang/Tong cheering thread!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
This team has had such a tough career in some ways, in the long shadows of the great Shen/Zhou, patiently waiting their turn and trying to improve, then recently overshadowed by Zhang/Zhang the younger hostots. It must be like being the middle child, the forgotten one. They and Zhang/Zhang are almost tied. Hopefully they can skate a phenomenal performance and win the World title, what a great vindication for them that would be.

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
I am :rock:
I really do think that they were robbed of silver at the Olympics. I love their programs this year and I hope that they can pull ahead of Zhang and Zhang. Although, after the Olympics, it seems like the Zhangs could do anything and still do well. (Same with Oda after 4CC)

CDMM1991

Medalist
I think they have a good chance of winning if she has her jump problems in check (underrotation et al), because I'm not sure how the Zhangs willl hold up physically in hte FS.

rain

Record Breaker
Pang and Tong have always been my favorite of the three top Chinese pairs. They have the best musicality of the lot. I too thought they were totally robbed of the silver medal at the Olympics — it was a travesty that the Zhangs won with their terrible fall, because their program was all about the fall from that point on.... but I digress.
I actually don't really care for Pang and Tong's programs this year (preferred Butterfly Lovers), but I still find them enjoyable to watch.

Mafke

Medalist
slutskayafan21 said:
This team has had such a tough career in some ways It must be like being the middle child, the forgotten one.

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. :rock: :rock: :rock: That is all I have to say.

What a great moment for them. I have felt sorry for this teams situation in the last few years. Being overshadowed so long by Shen/Zhou, then recently being overshadowed by Zhang/Zhang, missing the podium at the Olympics with such a phenomenal performance. Hopefully this will the boost their career needs.

I wholeheartedly agree with all of you who say they were robbed of the silver in Turin. However they were robbed THREE times this year:

Cup of China-Should have won over Petrova/Tikhonov

Trophee de France-Should have beaten Totmianina/Marinin who had a hugely subpar free skate.

Olympics-Should have beaten Zhang/Zhang and Shen/Zhou

mzheng

Record Breaker
I'm really happy for this team.

They got 'cold shouldered' from the media after they were back china after the Olympics. And you did notice that BinYao diddn't sit with them in K&C at Olympics. In a post Olympics interview with chinese media, when asked if they felt being slighted when S/Z and Z/Z both got O medals with mistakes, while they diddn't even they skated better than the other two.....Tong answered that 3 chinese pairs are team as a whole. They all represent china. They are happy the other two teams won medals......but to be honest, had the 2nd and 3rd places not been chinese pairs, he might felt differently.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
mzheng said:
I'm really happy for this team.

They got 'cold shouldered' from the media after they were back china after the Olympics. And you did notice that BinYao diddn't sit with them in K&C at Olympics. In a post Olympics interview with chinese media, when asked if they felt being slighted when S/Z and Z/Z both got O medals with mistakes, while they diddn't even they skated better than the other two.....Tong answered that 3 chinese pairs are team as a whole. They all represent china. They are happy the other two teams won medals......but to be honest, had the 2nd and 3rd places not been chinese pairs, he might felt differently.

That is nice to read, they are such classy people it seems. I also like than BinYao seemed happy for them, since I had been starting to think he had a strong partiality to the other two Chinese teams.

Jasper

Final Flight
I completely agree. They were second fiddle to S/Z for so long and more recently to Z/Z so this is such a remarkable moment for P/T. They really did deserve the silver at the Olympics!

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
I'm so happy for them. I thought their LP to Phantom of the Opera at the Olympics was great and deserved the Silver. A WGM is a great way to make it up. :biggrin: