Senior Pairs Short Program | Golden Skate

Senior Pairs Short Program

Rosaleen

Medalist
1 Angie Phillips / Gordon Willemse Preston FSC/Grand Valley & District SC WO
Music: Nouveau Flamenco / him in bright blue t-shirt her in black with bright flowers
Nice high 2tw with arms overhead on catch / thr 3l is high bit forward on landing but clean / sumersault into press lift with great pos that I need to see on replay to describe / sbs 3s she double he fell out / spirals are good - maintin speed / sbs camels with flyover to sit - went out of sync on flyover and never got it back / nice entrance to bods her in upside down spiral / trouble on pair spin - got very slow and he had to hop to hold it / T 22.75 C 15.27 ded 1.00 tot 37.02 new pb currently 1st

Rosaleen

Medalist
3 Mylène Brodeur / John Mattatall St Leonard (QC) CPA/Tatamagouche FSC NS
Music: from United Future Organization album / navy blue with vertical wavey lighter blue striples /
Sbs 3t perfect sync maybe a bit far apart but I'm being picky there / 2tw with arms overhead / thr 3s / sbs flycam sit edge foot in front bit out of sync there ch sit sort of xfoot good sync / spirals maintain / h to h press lift to star to one hand with one hand set down / bods she lost the edge and fell / pair spin good speed & pos nice transitions & pos / T 27.86 C 27.57 ded 1.0 tot 47.25 currently 1st

Rosaleen

Medalist
4 Elizabeth Putnam / Sean Wirtz Kerrisdale FSC/Kerrisdale FSC BC
Music: Sing, Sing, Sing / yellow with red polka dots /
2tw is good with arms overhead on catch / sbs 3s she double him forward on landing / forward straddle lift didn't go up / some fun chor / thr 3s is huge - nicely done / bods about 2rev / some more chor / sbs flycam sit edge upright out of sync ch sit upright back in sync on change / spirals are good - coe in catch foot and change of direction in same pos / pair spin is quite good / they finish behind the music - clock shows 2:44 on scoreboard - not sure of timing on pairs short - if it's 2:40 or 2:50 / as they're getting off the ice they do the lift that didn't happen to applause from the crowd / T 21.93 C 22.97 tot 44.90 currently 2nd

Rosaleen

Medalist
5 Anabelle Langlois / Cody Hay CPA De Hull/Mile Zero FSC QC
Music: Mr. Mommy / her in fushia him in black with fushia design on front /
Sbs 3t perfect sync him a tiny bit forward on landing / 2tw is floaty arms overhead on catch / playful chor and now music picks up / thr 3z - might have been flip not sure / spirals in good pos get very slop / sbs flycam to sit upright with variations ch sit upright - excellent sync until the change / h to h lift covers good ice - little slow - nice pos / I'm getting behind they've done the bods & and are in the pair spin and I can't catch up / both were well-done - try and catch replays to describe / my susual problem with apirs not enough time to describe before something new is happening - bodsy 2 revs change of hand then 2 more revs / T 32.52 C 22.84 tot 55.36 / currently 1st

Rosaleen

Medalist
6 Jessica Dubé / Bryce Davison Drummondville CPA/Hamilton SC QC
Music: Galacia Flemenca / both in black
Nice chor sets the mood / sbs 3s she was pitched forward but don't think hand went down / 2tw with nice split / facing h to h lift to star to upside down exit / spirals / nice entrance to bods with change of hand that didn't lose speed unless most teams / music picks up and their speed increases even more unique entrance to thr 3l / sbs spins were fast & close together great matching pos don't think they lost sync at all right into pair spin that was excellent as well and went by too fast for me to describe the positions - great skate/ T 33.81 C 26.13 tot 59.94 new pb / currently 1st

Rosaleen

Medalist
7 Utako Wakamatsu / Jean-Sébastien Fecteau St Leonard (QC) CPA/St Leonard (QC) CPA QC
Music: from Nirvana Lounge Vol 3 album / both in black catsuite with silver designs down legs & body /
2tw is high & floaty catch with arms overhead / sbs 3t he hand down she stepped out / pair spin 1st pos with her in camel him in sort of sit was akward looking - extended leg sit was really nice / carry entry to thr 3l / spirals are held and keep ok speed - nice patching pos / sbs flycam sit ch some nice pos but got out of sync at one point and very far apaer / h to h lift with her in split position / bods gets very slow after I think there was a change of hand / T 29.88 C 22.60 tot 52.48 currently 3rd /

Rosaleen

Medalist
8 Valérie Marcoux / Craig Buntin Patinage Gatineau/St Leonard (QC) CPA QC
Music : Cherry Pink & apple blossom white / him in black her in white with blue trim /
Sbs 3t very good / nice chor into 2tw high arms overhead on catch / spirals are good / sbs flycam sit edge pretty much in sync but pos don't have that perfect match / pair spin is very good - keeps up speed - nice pos / forward h to h lift to helicopter exit / thr 3l from carry entrance fell / bods is excellent nice pos & speed / T 32.17 C 27.84 ded 1.00 tot 59.01 currently 2nd /

Rosaleen

Medalist
By the way Jericho & Igor must have withdrawn yesterday - there was a revised start order posted with them missing. I don't know right now what happened but will try and find out and let you know

Rosaleen

Medalist
9 Kyra Moscovitch / Dylan Moscovitch Mariposa WC/Toronto CS & CC CO
Music: Swing Kids / Jumpin' at the Woodside / her in fushia with black skirt him in black /
Sbs 2a perfect sync / thr 3s think her hand went down but it was a huge throw - on replay looks like it didn't hit the ice / spirals are good / bods 3 revs / now music is more playful and some dance steps in hold / 3tw with hands overhead on catch / sbs flycam sit fast fast fast fsat perfect sync throughout / h to h lift to one hand star to reverse star / pair spin is excellent / T 32.00 C 21.34 tot 53.34 new pb / currently 4th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
10 Jessica Miller / Ian Moram North Shore WC/North Shore WC BC
Music: Black Magic Woman / both in black
Sbs 3t think she double he fell / 2tw arms overhead on catch / thr 3l bit of snow flew on landing but clean / spirals are fast coe to start / sbs flycam sit upright ch sit leg at side - almost perfect sync - just a little out at end - close together / back h to h lift to sideways star / bods with cange of hand / into pair spin opposing camel to her in catch foot ch to trad sit then upright / T 26.80 C 20.81 ded 1.00 tot 46.61 currently 7th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
11 Stephanie Valois / Jonathan Boudreau-Beland St Jerome Inc CPA/Ste Agathe (QC) CPA QC
Music: Lai Lai Lai / black with orange
Spirals 1st one coe really held and didn't lose speed / sbs 2a she fell / 2tw with arms overhead on catch / back h to h lift to one hand about 4 revs / thr 3f / back cam start sbs spins out of sync the whole way - positions matched nicely though / bods / pair spin unique pos at start both with free foot & arm extended / finished ahead of their music / T 26.60 C 17.80 tot 44.40 currently 9th

Rosaleen

Medalist
12 Rachel Kirkland / Eric Radford Toronto CS & CC/Toronto CS & CC CO
Music: Oh Fortuna - Carmina Burana Both in black /
Huge 3tw with arms overhead on catch / thr 3? Think loop / facing h to h lift to star change to reverse star / sbs 3s she landed on 2 feet under rot / sbs spins didn't see start - nice ending upright pos - pretty mucc in sync the whole way / pair spin is fast - quite good pos / spirals are good - speedy - nice ending one with him in spread eagle / bods about 4revs / T 28.10 C 20.54 tot 48.64 new pb / currently 6th

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Too bad for Utako Wakamatsu and Jean-Sébastien Fecteau. I was rooting for them to make it to Worlds and end their career on a high note. It feels like I've been Fecteau skate at Canadians for years!
I had a feeling that Jessica Dubé and Bryce Davison would win this one.
Can't wait for the free skate!

scs

Rinkside
Thanks for the report, Rosaleen! I am curious about why Jericho and partner withdrew. I enjoyed her skating two years ago (?) in London and was disappointed when her last partner was injured and retired. Hopefully, she will be back.