US Critics Pick Meissner, Lysacek, I&B, B&A | Golden Skate

US Critics Pick Meissner, Lysacek, I&B, B&A

USFS's article in SKATING has the critics make their predictions:

The Critics: Powers (Boston Globe); Hersh (Chicago Trib); Wilner (AP); Brennan (USA Today); Barnas (Detroit Free Press)

Gold Medals: All agee for Meissner, Lysacek, I&B and B&A

Silver: All agree Hughes, Weir, N/L and G/P

Bronze: Liang (Powers, Wilner); Zukowski (Hersh, Brennan); Czisny (Barnas)
All agree that Smith will get bronze. Pairs: Vlassov/Meekins (Powers,
Hersh, Wilner); Vise/Trent (Brennan,Barnas). Dance: All agree M/Z.

Pewter (where mentioned): Zukowski (Powers), Czisny (Wilner), Liang (Barnas) Men:Bradley(Powers, Brennan, Barnas) Steenberg (Wilner) Pairs: Vise/Trent (Powers); Moyle/Zeitz (Wilner, Barnas). Dance: Davis/White (Powers, Wilner,Brennan, Barnas)

My comments: What? no Flatt, no Carriere, no Evora/Ludwig, no Navarro/Bommentre. Are these all fifth places?

Joe

Thanks for the post, Joe!

Nobody picked Davis and White over Matthews and Zavizin for bronze? I'm going to write a nasty email to my lady, Jo-ann Barnas!

Go Moyle and Seitz! :rock: Third is not beyond your reach!

Nobody picked Johnny, eh? We'll see!

R.D.

Record Breaker
For Ladies, Gold and Silver is easy. It's just Bronze that's the tough call.

Thanks for the post, Joe!

Nobody picked Davis and White over Matthews and Zavizin for bronze? I'm going to write a nasty email to my lady, Jo-ann Barnas!

Go Moyle and Seitz! :rock: Third is not beyond your reach!

Nobody picked Johnny, eh? We'll see!
Strange about Davis/White. They had been the flavor of the month just last week.

At least Moyle and Seitz had a vote. I can not remember Vlassov/Meekins, although they were the Jr. World Champs. I will take only one glass of wine the night before they skate and look closely this year. Are they on youtube?

The only rivalry here since Kwan/Cohen is Weir/Lysacek. Love it. When there is a true rivalry, the arena takes on this immense tenseness. I still think Johnny will take it, and Carriere for third. Surprised one picked Steenberg for the pewter. He must be a music critic too.

Joe

temperboy28

Match Penalty
Gold and Silver are pretty easy. The only possable upset is Weir upsetting Lysacek for the mens gold, possable, but not likely. The bronzes and 4th will be hotly contested though.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joe I hear you on the rivalry!!!! Last year during the men's event it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tense... with 1st and 2nd and then again for third (would it go to Weiss or Savoie?)

way too hard for the group I was with... :laugh:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Fourth or fifth for Carriere, unless Smith falls apart and/or Carriere lands both his quad and his 3a plus puts more presentation into it.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
We all have our own choices. being a journalist/critic doesn't make ya more qualified. :) But still, it is interesting to know what they think.:yes:

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
I said in another post somewhere that I'm picking Alissa to finish a strong 2nd to Kimmie - and I'm sticking to it.

I think Emily and Katy will fight it out for a relatively distant 3rd. But look out for the Z!!