If a couple displayed too much PDA in your house would you be offended? | Golden Skate

If a couple displayed too much PDA in your house would you be offended?

Johar

Medalist
If a couple displayed too much PDA in your house would you be offended?

I recently held a Valentine's Day party at my house. One couple, both 25 or 26, has been seeing eachother for about three weeks. They ran behind closed doors for about a minute at a time; slapped eachother on their butts; he would stick his face between her legs or on her chest and make smacking noises; they would sit on eachother's lap in a gross manner, etc.

I was highly offended but so shocked I couldn't react that night. I found this to be very inappropriate behavior in somebody else's house.

What should I have done or said while it was happening?

A good friend of mine who was there is probably going to say somethng to them, as she knows them alot better. She was also offended by their actions as well.

I doubt this couple will issue an apology and will probably say I am jealous and or a prude.

Many years ago my family had a party and my brother and I were giving a girl friend (not a romantic one) a tour of the house. She shoved me out of the way and slammed a door shut in my face to go kiss my brother or something. That also pissed me off as well. I do not like having doors shut in my face in my own house.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I recently held a Valentine's Day party at my house. One couple, both 25 or 26, has been seeing eachother for about three weeks. They ran behind closed doors for about a minute at a time; slapped eachother on their butts; he would stick his face between her legs or on her chest and make smacking noises; they would sit on eachother's lap in a gross manner, etc.

I was highly offended but so shocked I couldn't react that night. I found this to be very inappropriate behavior in somebody else's house.

What should I have done or said while it was happening?

A good friend of mine who was there is probably going to say somethng to them, as she knows them alot better. She was also offended by their actions as well.

I doubt this couple will issue an apology and will probably say I am jealous and or a prude.

Many years ago my family had a party and my brother and I were giving a girl friend (not a romantic one) a tour of the house. She shoved me out of the way and slammed a door shut in my face to go kiss my brother or something. That also pissed me off as well. I do not like having doors shut in my face in my own house.

Of course these people were being extremely rude with their inappropriate behaviour. Did you invite them or did they come with a friend? Are they people you normally have to deal with? If you do have be around them again then you are probably not going to feel better until you do say something to them. I wouldn't care what this couple thought of me and definitely would not invite them to any more parties. Your friends who were there will not see this as a reflection of you. At this time all you can do is whatever helps you to feel better about the situation.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
There are some things that should remain PRIVATE... they might as well have gone all the way instead of elluding to it.

I would have probably ticked everyone off by saying "OK, we get it! Now knock it off!"

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
The old line to say is "Get a Room!" They would get the hint and hopefully behave themselves.

Johar

Medalist
Thanks for listening and responding. I see them now and again, as they are more friends with my friend than with me.

My friend is having a big birthday bash on the 1st of March and is inviting this girl's mom, so she won't be able to act like a **** at the party.

heyang

Record Breaker
I wouldn't call those PDA's. Their actions were inappropriate for most people. I wouldn't even call what they did heavy petting - it went beyond that.

Antilles

Medalist
I agree they were way over the top. I'd have told them off, and if that didn't work, then I'd have thrown them out.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Yes, thank you. I was in a movie theater many years ago, and this couple were going at it pretty heavily right behind me. They were actually making noise. So I turned around and said, "Could you do that later, please?" And they calmed down.

It definitely wasn't proper behavior for "public"...and definitely not for being in someone elses home! I would've gave them the old line "go get a room" and if that didn't work, I'd have gotten more direct and firm!