Florent Amodio: The unique chance | Golden Skate

Florent Amodio: The unique chance

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
France has a history of strong Men's single skaters. Right now Brian Joubert is undoubtedly the number one with five World medals on his record, but who will be Joubert's successor in France once he retires from competition? After last season, Florent Amodio has become the heir apparent. MORE

Buttercup

Record Breaker
France has a history of strong Men's single skaters. Right now Brian Joubert is undoubtedly the number one with five World medals on his record, but who will be Joubert's successor in France once he retires from competition? After last season, Florent Amodio has become the heir apparent.
Joubert and Amodio finished with the same placement at junior worlds, didn't they? So maybe that's a good sign :biggrin:.

I like Florent, from the little I've seen of him it looks like he has tons of potential, and I really look forward to seeing what Stanick has choreographed for him. But why is FFSG messing with another skater's coaching situation? Can't they just leave the guys where they are happy and comfortable without pressuring them?

Post no. 1500, and I'm writing about a French skater. As if it could have been otherwise ;).

seniorita

Record Breaker
wow another quad!He worked with Urmanov ?:biggrin:i have seen his jgps but i didnt see the final and cant find the video in youtube either. I liked his sp most.
Very nice article:clap:
Ah B why you didnt post your 1500 post in the anniversary + happy birthday thread?:laugh: There is admission fee for french skaters comments though:p

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
For a long time I thought that after Brian's victory in Budapest we'd have to wait another 40 years for a French European champ - that was before I saw Florent. He's got what it takes to be world champ one day.

What I first noticed was his presence and his ability to skate on many different styles - in his exibitions he always skates to at least 2 different pieces. He's also got a competitor's character.

I agree with Buttercup, the FFSG should just leave skaters alone.(Btw congrats on your 1500th post!)

The similarities with Brian are striking: their career, they're power on the ice, the fact that their long-time coaches are both unknown...

feraina

Record Breaker
This kid is great! (And the Korean girls love him. :laugh:)

Here are his SP and LP from JGPF, both are great:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92H19NibFJw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3D2W1CNOy4

He definitely has a sense of flare, and I think better musical interpretation skills than Brian Joubert. I also love his fighting spirit. He doesn't have a powerful physique, and may encounter stamina issues in longer programs, but perhaps as he gets older and stronger, he can overcome those issues.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Although some officials within the French Skating Federation put pressure on Amodio last season to leave his long time coach Bernard Glesser in order to move to a "more famous coach," the skater stayed with him.
It's called back-bone. Perhaps another Frenchman should take a look...

Great article. I am really looking forward to seeing him on the senior circuit.

enlight78

Medalist
I'm really looking forward to seeing his senior debut.I really loved his Jgpf performance. I wish him luck with quad sal. Heres to the young guns Amodio, Bezina, Ten(denis)