Battle of the Blades on CBC | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Battle of the Blades on CBC

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
it's good to see Kurt's show making it - and talk of it coming to the states! - and being really successful... wish Scott's Skating with teh Stars had worked out. If he'd done something similar to Kurt's style I think it'd have been a bigger hit.

not sure the American Hockey Skaters would have done it, though.

Most of the hockey players in the States are Canadians who have ended up playing in the States so they probably would be good sports and give this a shot.

Although I am not sure if the "great one" Wayne Gretsky would lace up a pair of figure skates. He would be good.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Most of the hockey players in the States are Canadians who have ended up playing in the States so they probably would be good sports and give this a shot.

Not anymore since the influx of Eastern Europeans. The NHL is now a blend of Americans, Canadians, Russians, Czechs, Swedes and Finns. Very, very international.

i love to skate

Medalist
Not anymore since the influx of Eastern Europeans. The NHL is now a blend of Americans, Canadians, Russians, Czechs, Swedes and Finns. Very, very international.

It is very international but Canadian players still make up over 50% of the NHL.

Kristi Yamaguchi and her husband Brett Hedican will be guest judging next week. That should be a lot of fun!

i love to skate

Medalist
I guess this was a monster success. Tickets were %5 so that everyone could go, but scalpers immediately snapped them up and resold them for $145 apiece. A television ratings blockbuster, too.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/11/16/blades-finale016.html

Yep it was a HUGE success! There's been talk about a second season and other countries are wanting to buy the rights to the series.

Kurt performed on last nights show and skated to Brickhouse....it was great!