Guilty/Not Guilty | Page 401 | Golden Skate

Guilty/Not Guilty

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Like a CD player? Not guilty until last week 😂 I hadn’t owned a CD player since the first iPod was released… figure skating program music is digital and for the few places that require CDs, I had my music edit guy make them while I only had digital copies… but then last week my coach did a deep house cleaning and gave me a bunch of old CDs to listen to, to see if like anything to skate to… and I quietly went to Amazon and bought a CD player 🤣
(I still like my Spotify playlist better!!!!)

Do you usually go to massage or O2 chamber to optimize recovery from practices?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Guilty. I’m allergic to bananas. I ate them and had to be taken to urgency at the hospital. My throat closed, was swollen and I couldn’t breathe. Happened twice and once I lost consciousness.

Do you have a food you’ll just refuse to eat?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
(Fish/seafood for me. Can’t stand the smell, can’t stand the flavor)

Not guilty. I only eat once a day, and I make it a complete meal, which is either beef or chicken, some kind of vegetable and then dessert (usually Greek yogurt with fruit flavor).

Do you go practice in another rink if your home rink is closed for the day (either repairing/mantenaince or private rent)?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
not guilty - However, if I can't go swimming @ the gym, I'll either do the treadmill there, or walk around the neighborhood for 45- 60 minutes.

Do you have a fear of flying?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Not guilty, I love flying! Either airplane or helicopter, I love the feeling. I’ve gone bungee jumping and loved it, I want to go skydiving next. And I’ve gone to another rink to practice if for some reason my home rink is closed in a day it shouldn’t be. @iluvtodd dont you skate?

Have you declined invitations from friends or other events because it conflicts with practice time?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not guilty, I love flying! Either airplane or helicopter, I love the feeling. I’ve gone bungee jumping and loved it, I want to go skydiving next. And I’ve gone to another rink to practice if for some reason my home rink is closed in a day it shouldn’t be. @iluvtodd dont you skate?

Have you declined invitations from friends or other events because it conflicts with practice time?
My husband & I skate recreationally. We haven't done that for a few months, so hopefully we'll get back to that sooner rather than later.

We have declined invitations from friends or other events if it conflicts with plans we have already made for something else. So, not guilty vis a vis practice time, but guilty vis a vis the rest of life.

Have you ever ridden in a hot air balloon?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My husband & I skate recreationally. We haven't done that for a few months, so hopefully we'll get back to that sooner rather than later.

We have declined invitations from friends or other events if it conflicts with plans we have already made for something else. So, not guilty vis a vis practice time, but guilty vis a vis the rest of life.

Have you ever ridden in a hot air balloon?
No. I nearly did - booked a flight over Stonehenge and the New Forest when we were on holiday, but due to local factors it was cancelled. Maybe next trip...

Have you ever eaten offal?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Very guilty, everyday, probably every hour while I’m awake. Wherever I am, a mug of coffee is there with me and when in practice i either take a thermos bottle with me or buy it there at the vending machine.

Have you ever joined a skating camp or masterclass, besides your usual club practices/coach lessons?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Guilty, however not for me. I love speed, but I love comfort as much, so give me a car which drives fast but silently, comfortable seats, air conditioning, great sound equipment so I can listen to music I like while driving.

Have you ever won a prize (either money or object) in a lottery?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
not from the lottery, but raffle prizes @ fund raising events

Have you ever withheld a tip @ a restaurant due to bad service?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Hmmmm not sure how to reply. I live in Japan where tipping doesn’t happen, is not a custom/habit, so not part of my life. I haven’t gone to my home country in so long and even while being there, no complaints about service. I have a million complaints about service over here, but since no tipping required, when is so bad, I just don’t go again to that business 😂

Have you ever gone to an extreme adventure expedition?

Magill

Record Breaker
Hmmmm not sure how to reply. I live in Japan where tipping doesn’t happen, is not a custom/habit, so not part of my life. I haven’t gone to my home country in so long and even while being there, no complaints about service. I have a million complaints about service over here, but since no tipping required, when is so bad, I just don’t go again to that business 😂

Have you ever gone to an extreme adventure expedition?
Not Guilty. Although it probably depends on how you define extreme, still from the previous conversation I gather I am a complete safety-addicted coward against you when it comes to extreme physical adventures. Rollercoaster is a big no no to me while you love it :laugh: So I guess not guilty.

Have you ever intentionally and knowingly defied a social convention mostly observed where you live?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Yesterday was my vacation from the rink and any off ice activity so I spent most of the day relaxing. One of the things I watched was a fascinating documentary about a walking expedition to Everest Base Camp in Nepal. Being on top of Everest sounds more exciting, however I am not a mountaineer, have no plans of becoming one, and am not one of those who goes, pays, has no experience but against advice proceeds and dies… so no. But the walking expedition sounds doable and attractive for the breathtaking location/views. It’s extreme for me because I mostly hate walking anywhere especially in the sun, but love stunning mountains scenery and actually found myself analyzing my fitness level (maybe good given all the off/on ice training) and wondering if my husband would like to go 😂 There’s also a possibility of skydiving nearby Everest, and now THAT sounds like maximum fun (tandem,attached to a professional skydiver). The walking… much more extreme, maybe less fun 😂

I’m very anti social at in person interactions. I will actively participate if it’s in a 1:1 situation but if I must be present in group interactions I mostly quietly observe and listen to the conversation so mostly guilty.

I will rephrase then 😂 is there an expedition to a location you find fascinating but find yourself wondering if you should go or not since it involves something you find extreme and so out of your comfort zone, however the award is being in a lifetime breathtaking location?