Lipinski guides Wagner’s path to Vancouver (Article) | Golden Skate

Lipinski guides Wagner’s path to Vancouver (Article)

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
Lipinski guides Wagner’s path to Vancouver
http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2009/12/21/lipinski-guides-wagners-path-to-vancouver/

“When I was preparing for the Olympics, so many things were going through my mind. I was so nervous about everything,” Lipinski said. “It would have been so relieving if I could have picked up the phone and talked to Scott Hamilton, Brian Boitano or Kristi Yamaguchi and been able to ask them, ‘Is this how you felt?’ or ‘How did you handle this?’ Instead, I think I just kind of drove myself crazy. It would have been nice to talk to somebody. I’m happy I can be that somebody for Ashley.”

Wagner does not talk to Lipinski every day but touches base when she needs guidance.

“It is helpful to have someone to talk to,” said Wagner, who was the only American woman to qualify for the 2009 Grand Prix Final, where she finished fourth earlier this month. “Obviously Tara really understands a lot of the ups and downs that come along with not only skating in general, but the Olympic season. I think it has been really helpful.”

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

chrissy51

Rinkside
Tara was mentally tough when it came to competition. I hope Ashley can bring some of that toughness to the table because she is a beautiful skater