2010 Olympic Preview to Men's Figure Skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2010 Olympic Preview to Men's Figure Skating

fairly4

Medalist
who knows what the judges want-evgeny is in running for title-but he still has to skate like the rest of the skaters.
however like zhen and zhou- they welcome back with opened arms and improved artistry--unilke zhen zhou-the block judging (sorry badly written email about artistry) that involved evgeny-he is still the favorite how much compared to beginning of season -i don't know.
zhen/zhous was annointed the title at the beginning and skated decent enought with help of other teams to get it. however in short did hold pang tong to low in short so they wouldn't overcome zhen/zhou in long.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I completely agree, it's sad to have men skating without quads, if they do 4+3 combos + transitions it would be a pleasure to watch... ;)

I totally agree, which is why I am a Tomas Verner fan, even though watching him skate often breaks my heart. He has a great 4-3, a great 3a, great footwork, and effortless elegance and carriage on the ice. He is the whole package, which is why I'm hoping that he puts out two good programs here. I feel like he is one of the few complete skaters at this event, along with Jeremy Abbott and Brian Joubert.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
I want Brian Joubert to win gold, that is my hope for the Olympics. Last night the judges proved that not only are they NOT afraid to NOT give Russia gold, but to also keep them OFF the podium. So I have HIGH hopes that Plushy will go home with nothing. From what I have heard, Brian is feeling good, keeping a low profile, and has come out to say that he is going to give it his all and hold nothing back.

My dream podium:

Brian Joubert: GOLD
Johnny Weir: SILVER
Kevin Van Der Parren: BRONZE

I dont think the judges had any sort of dilemma lastnight. The Russians did not even come close to delivering. If Evgeni does his job and others do too, then we will see if there is a preference.

Alatariel

On the Ice
I want Brian Joubert to win gold, that is my hope for the Olympics. Last night the judges proved that not only are they NOT afraid to NOT give Russia gold, but to also keep them OFF the podium. So I have HIGH hopes that Plushy will go home with nothing. From what I have heard, Brian is feeling good, keeping a low profile, and has come out to say that he is going to give it his all and hold nothing back.

Don't you see that you are actually advocating precisely the very thing you are supposedly complaining about, only in the direction that pleases you?

The Russians didn't get on the podium because they messed up, the judges had nothing to do with it. On the other hand, you hope Plushenko goes home with nothing even though you've seen nothing of his skating yet, and you are talking about judges keeping him off the podium.

Hypocrite much?

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Weir is a long shot for the podium, let alone the gold. I love him though so if nothing else I'd love to see a great clean SP, followed by an LP where he does the quad, fall or not and simply giving it his all! I'd love this to be a great Olys for him no matter what happens so that he feels good. I keep thinking go for it J and forget the rest and then let the dice roll!

I wouldn't say a long shot, Johnny is very capable of getting on the podium he has a beautiful quad when he nails it, same with his jumps and his artistry-MAGNIFICENT! Crazy things happen at the Olympics....don't count him out just yet;)

Alatariel

On the Ice
I wouldn't say a long shot, Johnny is very capable of getting on the podium he has a beautiful quad when he nails it, same with his jumps and his artistry-MAGNIFICENT! Crazy things happen at the Olympics....don't count him out just yet;)

Oh I'm not believe me. Olys tend to bring out the best and the worst out of people, especially when it comes to nerves. I hope he does his best, I really do as I enjoy watching him very much!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I don't think anyone is. NBC keeps talking about Plush, the Americans, Chan, and the Japanese without mentioning Joubert. Annoying. Also everyone seems to have counted Tomas out even though he probably has the best 4-3 of all the men, if he can just not make silly mistakes. I'm also really excited to see Florent perform the LP, anyone think he has a shot at the top 10?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Given that you've been bashed repeatedly (and handled it professionally) for simply voicing your own opinion in an editorial style, I would say you're entitled to a little jig. :cool: