Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

yude

Record Breaker
Congratulations on your winning of the Japanese Nationals, Yuzuru!! :yay::clap::bow:

I am so happy for you and looking forward to seeing you land 4S in Sochi!! :agree:

MMajik

Rinkside
Big Congrats! Hope Yuzu could land his 4S in Sochi:thumbsup:
BTW I noticed a young boy competing in Japanese Nationals, Sota Yamamoto. He seemed to be a big fan of Yuzuru and was wearing a costume that looks very much like Yuzu' sp costume (Etude in D minor, op. 8 no. 12).
Really curious about what Yuzu would thought if he saw Yamamoto's lp costume.:yay:

zydeco88

On the Ice
BTW I noticed a young boy competing in Japanese Nationals, Sota Yamamoto. He seemed to be a big fan of Yuzuru and was wearing a costume that looks very much like Yuzu' sp costume (Etude in D minor, op. 8 no. 12).
He is! I'm pretty sure that his FS costume is inspired from Etude, as it looks glaringly similar and because of his admiration for Yuzuru. He stated in one of the recent Japanese figure skating magazines, Cutting Edge 2013 +Plus, that he started becoming a fan when he watched Yuzuru's performances at the 2012 World Championships and has since gone back to re-watch them time and time again. He got the chance to meet Yuzuru in person for the first time at Nagoya Festival held earlier this year in January before JSC. He said that Yuzuru was kind to him and easy to talk with. Every time he walked past, Yuzuru would ruffle his hair. :)
Talking about youngsters who are a fan, Michael Martinez also comes to mind. He has cited Yuzuru as one of his favorites (alongside Patrick Chan) and shown his support on twitter. He also got the chance to talk with Yuzuru when the latter approached him at 4CC this year to ask about his skating.

giulia95

Medalist
I wonder what EX the Japanese National Champion will skate tomorrow... Yuzuru please stop doing PW as encore! R&J N°1 would be a great choice :laugh:

GOOOO YUZUUU!!

luckykid

On the Ice
I wonder what EX the Japanese National Champion will skate tomorrow... Yuzuru please stop doing PW as encore! R&J N°1 would be a great choice :laugh:

GOOOO YUZUUU!!
I hope he'll skate to Story. I like that program. He hasn't skated it much. He did Story at GPF because he said it was a Japanese song and so suitable for the Japanese audience. So by that logic I hope he'll do Story! :D

MMajik

Rinkside
I hope he'll skate to Story. I like that program. He hasn't skated it much. He did Story at GPF because he said it was a Japanese song and so suitable for the Japanese audience. So by that logic I hope he'll do Story! :D

Just watched the MOI on Fuji TV, Yuzu skated Hana ni Nare, so unexpected!
Well, Yuzu have skated 4 different programs for EX this season, so what will be the EX prepared for Sochi? :laugh:

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Does anyone have an address for Yuzu fan mail?

I teach third grade and have turned my students into Yuzu fans. :yay: We watch videos of his performances and practice our math skills by calculating his scores. They love his athleticism, spirit and determination and would like to write him letters expressing their admiration and best wishes for the Olympics.

zydeco88

On the Ice
Does anyone have an address for Yuzu fan mail?

I teach third grade and have turned my students into Yuzu fans. :yay: We watch videos of his performances and practice our math skills by calculating his scores. They love his athleticism, spirit and determination and would like to write him letters expressing their admiration and best wishes for the Olympics.

I'm just quoting airin from YH fan forum (thank you airin for the translation :)):
http://skatingjapan.or.jp/faq/#ID_004
<Translations>
We forward fan letters and presents that were sent to skaters, so please be aware of the following points.

■Please write clearly the skater’s name (whom you send to) on the surface of the envelope or on the invoice.
■Transfer fee is not required. Please do not enclose stamps etc.
■Please note that the following items are not accepted.
foods (for safety of skaters)
animals & plants(including potted plants)
valuables (precious metals, jewelry, etc.), cash vouchers, gift certificates, etc.
letters/presents sent to those who don’t belong to JSF(professional skaters, foreign skaters etc.)
■Please note that we don’t accept the request of forwarding before the specified date (Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc.)

[Destination]
Japan Skating Federation
Mr./Ms. _____________(please write clearly the name of the skater whom you send to)
Kishi Memorial Gymnasium 1-1-1 Jinnan, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8050 Japan

Thank you for your cooperation.

There's been a rumour going around that he replies to every single fan mail. I saw some fans on twitter and tumblr post the thank-you postcards they received from him and around the middle of this year, a Japanese alternative rock band's vocalist, who's a big fan of Yuzu, also mentioned in his interview, that he received such postcard and went on to compliment Yuzu on his way of showing appreciation to his fans. So, hopefully your students get similar replies from him, too. :)

giulia95

Medalist
From a standstill! Amazing. :bow:

There are rumors that Yuzu is practicing 4Lutz and 4 Loop and that the rotations on both are completed.....
if it’s true it's very Yuzuru!!! :laugh:

But based on some spectacular jumps he did in GPF competitions it could be definitely true...

I love his lutz at TEB SP !:clap:

yude

Record Breaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFzYeAlPV2c

VERY rough translation of the interview of team JAPAN in すぽると, only Q&A part. (〇=true(t) ×= false(f))

Q . This was the most tense Japanese Nationals I had ever participated in.

A. Yuzuru t
Tatsuki t
Daisuke t
Akiko f
Mao f
Kanako t

Mr. Nishioka: Asada-senshu, this was'nt the most tense, then when was the most tense Japanese Nationals?
Mao: It was Vancouver Olympics.
N: Japanese nationals in the year of Vancouver Olympics?
Mao: No, I was nervous the most in the Vancouver Olympics.
N: I see, how was your nervousness in Japanese Nationals this time?
Mao: Oh, Japanese Nationals?
N: I was intending the question of it.
(everyone is laughing)
Mao: Still, still, I was nervous the most in Japanese Nationals in the year of the Vancouver Olympics.
N: Sure you were, how was your mental state this time? Were you calm?
Mao: Yes.
N: Was there any reason for it?
Mao: I think that was because I have experienced the Vancouver Olympics.
N: I see. Hanyu-senshu, you were not nervous weren't you?
Yuzuru: I was being nervous all the time (in JN) since SP. I rather got nervous in SP.
N: Machida-senshu, your answer was also "t".
Tatsuki: Yes. Because everything was decided in this competition, and this was the first and the last challenge for
me to Japanese Nationals in the year of the Olympics. I would regret if I had done things by halves, in that sense, I got nervous but never have I did my best. The arena was also huge, that made me feel good while I was performing.

Q. It was me who cried the most in this competition.

A. Yuzuru f
Tatsuki f
Daisuke t
Akiko f
Mao f
Kanako t
(everyone is laughing)

N: Takahashi-san, that's what we thought.
L: Murakami-senshu, you think you cried the most? (Sorry,I don't know her name, let's say "L" as in lady)
Kanako: Yes, I watched the secene I cried on TV at that night and I was so surprised that I was so ugly.
(everyone is laughing)
N: No, you were not!
L: Is it ok for us to consider that was a tears of joy?
K: Yes, that was the first tears of joy in my life.
N: Nice tears.
L: Beautiful tears.
K: It was not beautiful(laughs).
N: And, takahashi-senshu.
Daisuke: Yes, well, I am not a crying person very much, but this time I was. Oda-kun has a character of crying, not me, but I guess I took his role this time.
(everyone is laughing)
N: But, the feeling of despair was bigger at that time?
D: Yes, I had various feelings and I think there was me thought negative and negative.
L: And Suzuki-senshu, your tears were also memorable.
Akiko: Yes, well, after the winning, many people came to me for congratulating, and I fixed my make-up again and again but I cried again after all.

Q. I am satisfied with my performances in Japanese Nationals.

A. Yuzuru f
Tatsuki f
Daisuke f
Akiko t
Mao f
Kanako t

N: Machida-senshu, I think you had pretty good performances?
T: I think I had minimum mistakes, but I was so tense. I had many faults so there are a lot of points I have to review.
But I think that will lead to the next.
N: Hanyu-senshu, I'm sure you're thinking about Salchow?
Y: Regrettable.
N: Indeed.
Y: I have a feeling like "when I will succeed!?",
(cross talking of N and Y, I can't hear them clearly)
N: So a little regret remains.
Y: Yes.
N: Murakami-senshu.
K: Yes, well, I was really really nervous but I think I could give everything I have now in that situation.

Q. It is awkward to be reported by Yukari Nakano.
(Everyone is laughing)

A. Yuzuru f
Tatsuki f
Daisuke t
Akiko t
Mao f
Kanako f

(Translation of Yukari and Daisuke part)

Daisuke: Please give me some advices, as you are senior.
Yukari: We both got old.
Daisuke: We aged much.
Yukari: We aged much (laughs).
Daisuke: Strange feeling (laughs).
Yukari: Thank you very much.
Daisuke: Thank you very much.
Yukari: And please look into the camera and make some comments.
Daisuke: You are fast! (laughs. He means that Yukari turned very quicly to a reporter from a friend.)

N: Takahashi-senshu, is it awkward?
D: It is.
N: She is in front of you.
D: I don't know how to say it, but I don't know how to deal with her.
(everyone is laughing)
L: Suzuki-senshu, you are a year older than she is, but is it awkward?
A: We had been competing together since we were in the elementary schools, we also competed in Japanese Nationals in the year of Vancouver. Is she here (scene of broadcasting on Fuji TV) since last year?
(Yukari is nodding, everyone is laughing)
It is very strange feeling.

Q. Ladies are stronger mentally (a question for men).

A. Yuzuru t
Tatsuki t
Daisuke t

N: Machida-senshu, you exactly think so?
T: I was watching all the ladies' yesterday, and every year I think, well, I was watching the final group and found that men are mentally weaker and how miserable we are.
(everyone is laughing)
N: No, you are not. Hanyu-senshu, you are mentally strong.
Y: No, well, including the final group, I think strengths of ladies are extraordinary.

Q. Men are weaker mentally (a question for ladies).
(everyone is laughing)

A. Akiko f
Mao f
Kanako f

N: Asada-senshu, men's competition was great also, but were you too busy to see that?
M: I was watching it on TV.
N: How was it?
M: Two kinds of quad...stamina and power demanding...I watched it thinking what a high-standard competition it was.

Q. I don't like Japanese Nationals being held in the Christmas season every year.

A. Yuzuru f
Tatsuki f
Daisuke f
Akiko f
Mao f
Kanako t

N: Murakami-senshu, you are alone.
L: Do you feel like you have something to do in this season besides skating?
K: No, well, Santa doesn't come to me since the competition had started being held in this season...
N: Santa came to you every year until then?
K: Yes, so I miss him a little.

Q. I will have the best performance in Sochi.

A. Yuzuru t
Tatsuki t
Daisuke t
Akiko t
Mao t
Kanako t

Y: I have been making mistakes on 4S so far, so I want to manage to land it. And I want to keep my stamina and perform till the end.
T: Both SP and FP in this season are (I'm sorry I can't hear him crealy) to me, so I want to perform them in body and soul.
N: I'm looking forward to hearing your noble words in the interview.
T: Well, I don't think I can express my feeling in words (laughs).
D: Well, I was selected with the pros and cons for the Olympics this time, so I have to have the best performance in return carrying various feelings on my back.
A: I want to have performances that I can feel the moment like "My skating life was full of happiness".
M: In Sochi, I'll do my best to skate perfectly in the level I am aiming for.
K: This is my first Olympics, so I will probably be scared, but I could perform well being scared in this Japanese Nationals. I want to skate better than the Nationals, I will try hard so that I'm going to be praised by the teacher.
N: Santa may be waiting for you in Sochi, please have a wonderful performance.

YesWay

&#22235;&#24180;&#12418;&#12363;&#12369;&#12390;&#
Record Breaker
That was great, thank you so much yude!

I especially laughed at this question:

Q. It is awkward to be reported by Yukari Nakano.

And it's nice to be reminded now and then, of how HUGE Midori Ito's triple axels were...

SuzyQ

Medalist
You did a great job, Yude :eek: :clap:

I may be of some help.
3rd question:
N: Sokomade Icchattara.....? (Tsugiwa....? - I could not hear clearly either here, sorry.)
(If you say so....? Next will be.....? - maybe he is implying Sochi Olympics)

Yuzuru: Iya.....Tondekaradesu! Tondekaranishimasu! (Well..... After I succeeded! In any case, after I succeeded! )

8th question:
Tatsuki: Bokuni totte "Shugyoku no Sakuhin" desu. (absolute gems to me.)

I'm not confident in my English words. So, please review them :yay: