Xiaoyu Yu and Yang Jin on the rise | Golden Skate

Xiaoyu Yu and Yang Jin on the rise

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ever since the success of Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao, China has become a force in pair skating. Moreover, Shen and Zhao are the reason why many kids in China took up skating in the first place and later went into pair skating. The freshly minted 2012 World Junior silver medalists in pairs, Xiaoyu Yu, 16, and Yang Jin, 17, are no exception.

More

Ilvskating

Final Flight
It's nice that someone write the article about them. I think they are very talented and have great physique and graceful style. Very promising and I expect great things from them. Thanks.

feraina

Record Breaker
Aww, that's a really nice interview! I'm really relieved and impressed that they like training with the ice dancers (in their spare time, apparently). That might explain why they have such good lines and posture. They are so cute with each other. ;)

spikydurian

Medalist
I find them impressive ... with a more elegant style than S&H. My first impression of S&H .. what youthful exuberance, and of Y&J a more quiet quality. Only time will tell how they will develop. There are still a lot of room for improvement. Looking forward to watching them grow.

treeloving

Medalist
I watched this pair live at COC. They are even better live than in vid. The vid cannot show their elegant. I like them better than Sui/ Han

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
watching from junior world video, they def have better skating quality than S/H. More polish and refine, and def have time to mature for 2016. Both would prob not medal for Sochi, as pairs take usually 5-6 years to mature.

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Personally I think they arguably could have (maybe even 'should') have won Junior Worlds... even to a fairly untrained eye, I can see that they have better edging and just look smoother on the ice. Even my mother, who has absolutely no clue about skating, watched Yu/Jin's LP back to back with Sui/Han and said, "I like the first pair better. The second pair is a bit frenzied and that bit where he threw and caught her looked rough."

*keeps fingers crossed for Yu/Jin*

I'm hoping they'll stay together past 2014 and aim for 2018, if the skate gods are kind! Also, that this crazy politicking for Sui/Han will quieten (unless they work on their basic skating skills and try to refine that before continuing on their quad throws/quad twists)...