An interview with 3 costume designers: Pizzacalla, Whittam...and Chock | Golden Skate

An interview with 3 costume designers: Pizzacalla, Whittam...and Chock

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
ice-dance.com just posted an interesting interview with three designers of skating costumes, Pizzacalla, who has designed for Virtue & Moir, Moore-Towers & Moscovitch, and Javier Fernandez, Wittam, who has designed for the Kerrs & for Coomes & Buckland, and Madison Chock, who designs for herself & Evan Bates.

http://www.ice-dance.com/main/news/general-articles/1706-designers-bring-couture-character-to-ice

If you love the costumes of skating, you may like this set of interviews as much as I did.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing! That was a fun read.

OT: In that photo of Virtue & Moir from the Olympics, she looks so thin! I think she she has a much more healthy and womanly look now. :biggrin:

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Thank you for sharing this article!
I had no idea Madison was so involved in the costumes for her and Evan--they are so lovely (especially this season's)!

Skating costume designing has always been a dream job of mine for many years :biggrin: What a great way to be involved in skating and be creative. Skating itself is such an amazing artistic inspiration. Until I can learn to sew better, for now, I'll keep having fun sketching out costume designs that pop into my head. :yes:

just wondering

On the Ice
Thank you for sharing this article!
I had no idea Madison was so involved in the costumes for her and Evan--they are so lovely (especially this season's)!

Skating costume designing has always been a dream job of mine for many years :biggrin: What a great way to be involved in skating and be creative. Skating itself is such an amazing artistic inspiration. Until I can learn to sew better, for now, I'll keep having fun sketching out costume designs that pop into my head. :yes:

You should share your sketches, 100yen. I, and I suspect others, would love to see them. Also include who or what music inspired your creation. It would be lovely to see what you see.

Thanks, Doris!

100yen, I hope you're able to keep going and sharpen your skills. I think that designing must be a wonderful job, and I completely understand your wanting to do it. (I confess that I've watched quite a few movies just because I've seen the costumes previewed and love them.)