Best reactions when skaters have just finished their performances or scores are up | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Best reactions when skaters have just finished their performances or scores are up

Cherryy

On the Ice
There were at least 4 sweet moments for Yuzuru Hanyu this season when got big scores.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKAaHWjVgvM
This one's funny as he was trying to put the teddy bears in nice position, but his reaction at the scores was also funny. I think he really couldn't believe what he saw but he deserved it :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l_gaTA9dPM and here at TEB he was given so many gifts he started showing he can't have any more. He seems to be a modest and a nice person.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
My all time favourite reaction is Liz Manley and her coaches at the '88 Olympics - skating bliss! Next, would be LuLu in Edmonton '96 and more recently, any skate by Kaetlyn Osmond for her pure joy!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rudy @ 1996 US Nationals

Shizuka @ the 2006 Torino Olympics

Todd @ 1996 Worlds, 1998 Worlds (relief, joy, gratitude), 2001 Worlds

Jason Brown @ 2014 US Nationals

Midori Ito @ 1988 Olympics, right after she finished her free skate - tears (of joy?) :love:

Violetti

On the Ice
Laura Lepisto at Vancouver Olympics scores after LP. She was so surprised and happy. She improved her personal best a lot, got over 120 for the first time, was fourth in the LP and sixth overall, the best Finnish ladies skate at the olympics ever.

lilshorty

On the Ice
I liked Mirai's reaction in the kiss and cry at 2014 nationals after seeing her scores and placement after a great LP.

I also liked Miki Ando's reaction in the kiss and cry after her LP at 2007 Worlds. Who could forget her scream when she saw her scores? Lol.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Hah, I loved Kanako's reaction after her SP at Japanese Nationals this year! :laugh:

On the flip side, who can forget Barbara Fusar-Poli's death stare at the 2006 Olympics OD! :slink: :biggrin:

Marta25

Medalist
I lovd Paul/Islam's reaction at the 2014 Canadians, when they realized that they were on the Olympic team. I think they basically cried through every interview they had that day. :laugh:

TheCzar

On the Ice
Mao's near win at 2007 Worlds, Jason Brown at 2014 Nationals, Akiko Suzuki 2013 WTT and 2014 Nats.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
KVDP - 2011 Euros SP
Sarah Meier - 2011 Euros LP (seriously, everything about this moment is perfect)
Akiko Suzuki - 2009 GPF LP, 2009 Nationals LP, 2010 Olympics LP, 2011 NHK SP, 2012 NHK LP, 2013 WTT LP, 2013 Nationals LP. I think I like her....
Yu-Na Kim - 2010 Olympics LP (a really beautiful, complex, human reaction that I just adore)
Virtue/Moir - 2010 Olympics OD (everything from the midline NT step sequence to the ending was just firebreathing hot and that denouement just full throttle, aided by an audience reaction that was just invigorating. Tessa opened with a daring "ready Freddy?" and they just exploded)
Chen Lu - 1998 Olympics LP (yeah, tear inducing)
Julia Lautowa - 2003 Worlds LP (her reaction right after her final moment - a fall - was awesome)

desertskates

Medalist
My favorite is Joannie Rochette after the long at the '10 Olympics. It's heartbreaking, but it shows the sheer strength of a young woman who can plow through and do her best despite a devastating loss. She seemed proud, sad and exhausted all at once. But she was superhuman that night.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
The ones I remember most are Ryan Bradley's when he learned he won the 2011 Nationals & Max Aaron's in 2013.

Layfan

Record Breaker
There was a thread similar to this one a while back and I tried and failed to find a long of video of Oksana Baiul's Olympic FS that shows her completely falling apart in the kiss and cry. But I found it this time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-LpQ9Q773k

Probably because I was a teenager like her at the time, I remember that forever.

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Alexei Yagudin in Salt Lake City!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu3s9aR079k

Still, no one has gone ape as memorably as Tara in 1998 and I love to rewatch her reaction every once in a while. the most touching for me are Michelle Kwan, 2004 nationals and Rudy Galindo 1996 nationals.

Best reaction after final skater: Sarah Hughes 2002 Olympics - actually Ill give it to her coach

Ha! I'd forgotten about that. Yeah, that was awesome.

LegalGirl82

On the Ice
For me nothing beats:

1. The look in Michelle's eyes and on her face as she sees the audience rise to its feet at the same moment she lifts her body and arms up at the end of Aranjuez at the 2003 World Championships; and

2. Her little dance/celebration/clap after her scores come up for that same performance.