Federal Court May Hold Park Service In Contempt Over Snowmobiles | Golden Skate

Federal Court May Hold Park Service In Contempt Over Snowmobiles

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
I'm no fan of snowmobiles, jet skis, motor boats etc. They just bring noise and other polutants into an otherwise serene environment. Nature doesn't need that, IMO, but I know others would disagree.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
What gets me is the blatent disrespect shown for judge's order. That was an intolerable snub to the authority of a federal judge. What can you expect from people who don't seem to care about the wildlife that's endangered? I hope the judge throws the book at the people responsible. They deserve it.

bronxgirl

Medalist
At the risk of bringing (non-figure skating) politics into the thread, the current Administration doesn't seem to believe in any form of environment friendly policy. They don't accept global warming as fact, they continue to allow all automotibe companies to get around improving gas mileage for vehicles, etc, etc. Maybe this explains the President's new found interest in space exploration, as he's sure not helping to make sure this planet stays habitable. (End of poitacal sermon)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Bronxgirl, I couldn't agree more. This administration has shown incredible lack of concern for environment. I mean it's quite simple -- what we spoil beyond recognition today won't be around for our grandchildren. While I do not support every single issue that environmentalists stand for, I certainly agree that we need to bring environment back as a national issue. And ignoring judge's order... well... I think the less I say on this the better.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
sk8ing_lady2001:

We have had some tragic accidents from snowmobiles here in Canada. I guess people do not realize they are handling a machine.