Savchenko and Massot team up | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Savchenko and Massot team up

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm no professional translator, so I'm sorry if you disagree with what I translated. But I think böse is a word with a very strong negative meaning and think that evil fits in this case. *shrugs* But it's true that I switched the sentence around. I'm sorry but I did it fairly quickly without rereading.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Hmm..Isn't he a little young to be skating as her partner? Unless this is not a recent picture of this skater, who I don't really recognize. Who is he? I don't see their career building the way she and her present partner have. Oh well, time will tell.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Hmm..Isn't he a little young to be skating as her partner? Unless this is not a recent picture of this skater, who I don't really recognize. Who is he? I don't see their career building the way she and her present partner have. Oh well, time will tell.

He is turning 25 this year, so the age difference isnt that huge (she is 30 this year). It is the same as Bruno to his current partner, but in the other direction, and virtually the same as Aliona to Robin, again now in the traditional guy is older direction. It seems there is a stigma for some the guy should always be older for some reason.

temp

Rinkside
Aliona doesn't understand that Robin doesn't want to participate in financially well paid ice shows anymore.

I don't understand this either. Aliona says they could have made $45,000 for three days of after-WC shows in Japan! Why would Robin want to forgo the money? Even given the difficult situation, it's only three days! I'd be pissed in Aliona's place too to lose that kind of money.

Amei

Record Breaker
I don't understand this either. Aliona says they could have made $45,000 for three days of after-WC shows in Japan! Why would Robin want to forgo the money? Even given the difficult situation, it's only three days! I'd be pissed in Aliona's place too to lose that kind of money.

Maybe he wants to do other things?

If it is because of 'the difficult situation' - dealing with Aliona and Ingo, then to me, she doesn't have a lot of room to be upset with him. If you make a situation difficult for someone to deal with then you can't be very shocked or angry when that person has had enough and wants to walk away.

temp

Rinkside
Understood, but it's only three days, and the compensation is excellent. Ziggy said in a post above that Aliona and Robin have a three-year contract with Art on Ice, but I now wonder if Robin will stick to it, he may not have a chance to make that kind of money in the near future. I doubt that he has any other profession than figure skating.

Maybe he wants to do other things?

If it is because of 'the difficult situation' - dealing with Aliona and Ingo, then to me, she doesn't have a lot of room to be upset with him. If you make a situation difficult for someone to deal with then you can't be very shocked or angry when that person has had enough and wants to walk away.

BlackPack

Medalist
It sounds like there's uberdrama that we're not aware of behind the scenes if Robin is so fed up he's willing to give up five figures just to get some head space.

BlackPack

Medalist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2LEX-inPSg

My favorite S&S performance - they distinguished themselves from the others. I thought Aliona had better line, posture, and extension earlier in her career and they were quite classical in appearance with an unusual twist to their moves. Now Aliona indulges in bent legs, unpointed toes, and very ugly lifts.

orangella96

Final Flight
Obviously, Daria couldn't get the French citizenship before Sochi because France requires the applicants to live in France at least for 5 years.
http://www.sportacaen.fr/index.php?...ova-et-bruno-massot&catid=11:divers&Itemid=87
Daria knew that she doesn't meet this requirement but still applied hoping she could get an exception because of the olympics but she did not. So, if it didn't work for Daria, how can it work out for Aliona?

That's what I am asking myself too. If they know that it would be complete idiocy to even try to get the French citizenship.
The other way around is less likely I think. They'd still need to pay Ingo Steuer on their own.
S/S were successful so that worked but if Bruno and Aliona aren't as good as hoped they won't be able too...:scratch:

Sk8Boi

Match Penalty
This seems more like a Savchenko experiment than anything serious. I bet they last 6 months before she dumps him.

lavender

Record Breaker
Sounds like they wanted Robin to do the shows but at the same time she's moving on with another partner. Sounds like Robin may have been hurt to hear this before he was totally sure. It was a good competition and Robin may have changed his mind but after hearing about the new guy I'm sure he was over it.

After seeing this new guy I just want to say good luck because I don't think she will be winning with this guy either.

orangella96

Final Flight
I just read on a German news page that if it doesn't work with Massot she still has some offers from Russian skaters.:bang:
So obviously she doesn't really care whom she starts with.
She'll just pick out the best and hope for the best.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Latest from IceNetwork on this:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/03/31/70479668

Sad to see it ending like this...obviously more to the story than we can know..

WOW. I didn't realize it was that bad that Robin just outright refused to skate with Aljona. We don't know what happened behind the scenes of course, but it's too bad that they didn't just finish the last few shows. They had expressed they were always squeezed financially for their sport, especially after Torino.

kasik8222

Rinkside
Aliona will dump him as soon as she finds out there is no improvement. I suppose there will be nothing to talk about in six months from now. Another Mukhortova-Blanchard story. Aliona, My dear you are 5 time world champion and there is no better partner for you than Bruno? I guess Aliona has "Tatiana issue".

spread beagle

Rinkside
Aliona, My dear you are 5 time world champion and there is no better partner for you than Bruno? I guess Aliona has "Tatiana issue".

Elite skater do not grow on a tree, it is reasonable to be team with Massot. With consistent elements all needed points will come. Maybe not olympic gold medal but some kind of medal from Euro and GP, I'm sure.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Elite skater do not grow on a tree, it is reasonable to be team with Massot. With consistent elements all needed points will come. Maybe not olympic gold medal but some kind of medal from Euro and GP, I'm sure.

She's not leaving only because she wants to win Olympic gold medal, I'm sure she doesn't give a flying **** about Euro and/or GP medals. Her ONLY goal is OGM and she'll never achieve this goal.

Good for Bruno though. At least he'll get some medals :)