Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I'm SO curious about the music now. She said it's 3 minutes and they asked a composer to write the ending. This is so great news, can't wait to hear it. :luv17:

The Finn

Record Breaker

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So excited they got Skate America :yes2: This will be the 3rd event they were assigned to that I will be attending but due to injury (SA '14) and doping (Boston) this will be the 1st time I get to see them. Crossing all fingers and toes they make it this time :biggrin:

Snow63

Record Breaker
- Katia, you are a great example to all young girls: you build your career, don't forget about your personal life, and also get an MBA degree at the Moscow Business School! How are you keeping up with all of this?
- Since my childhood I was accustomed to such a tight schedule. Honestly, measured life is not for me. When the entire day consists of breakfast, work, dinner, and watching movies, it's boring. I always want to do more, to make every effort. And I love it!
Combining sport, studying and hobbies is not easy. As for the MBA, I am new here. And I am very grateful to the teachers of Moscow Business School, who is always available to explain the material, always responsive (to me). I do not hesitate to ask questions and I am glad that I always get detailed answers.

- You have to study on the remote MBA program 'Management in sport'. Why did you choose distance learning? What are its advantages?
- Athletes live a somewhat different life. Even at school I was homeschooled. At the University I also studied remotely. It's the only way that works in our careers - take all the available time for training.
I like how the seninars in MBS go. I regret that in my mad rhythm of life it is not always possible to attend them. But now I already see that the practical courses will help me in my future career as a coach. Of course, distance learning is the "lifeline", which is necessary in my situation. Every day is painted on the clock: practices in the morning until the evening, preparing for the wedding. And it's great that I can study the material anywhere: at home, on the go. Distance education is the best thing that could come up for people who are in constant motion.

- Share a secret that inspires you to this continuous movement forward?
- It's my friends and relatives: mother and father, sister, fiance. They are going through all the difficult moments and all of the victories with me. It means a lot to me. I see that they are proud of me. I want to move mountains, constantly improve, to try something new. An incredible feeling!

- Do you have an idol, a man whose way of life is admirable, who you would like to be like?
- Again I will talk about his family. (Laughs.) My sister and parents are the most important mentors in my life. I always try to measure up to them.
My older sister is a role model for me. I wanted to be like her in every way. When she started skating, I immediately told my mother: "I want to skate!" And look how all this turned out. Now we are still close with my sister, and we constantly learn from each other.
If not for my family, I think I would have stopped training when I was a child. Or I would have a nervous breakdown. I'm quite an emotional person and I confess, sometimes even a little trouble takes very much of my heart. A family helps me to balance emotions.

- Are you thinking about what you want to do after you retire?
- I have not decided what I'll do yet. Maybe I'll open a skating rink and will train the children. But I've had time to realize that life does not end exactly after the sports career, and I'll try to make my life even more interesting.
I think many people have heard about the doping scandal, which overtaken Russian athletes this year. This extremely difficult and unpleasant story didn't pass me by also. In the beginning, when we first heard of the positive test for doping, they told us that in this case the period of disqualification will be 4 years, but "if you're lucky," then it's 2 years. For an active athlete it is an incredibly long time. For example, after such disqualification there would be no sense for me to go back to Figure skating. I am very glad that this story ended and my innocence has been proven. But in this difficult period I realized that I have a choice. I continued to practice, but also went to acting classes and decided to get a business education. I gained confidence that is required to find something where I can realize myself after the sport. Besides, soon I will have my own family.

- Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! How is the preparation for the celebration going? Have you chosen a dress? Where are you planning to go on a honeymoon?
- Preparations are in full swing. (Laughter.) I took over everything, over all of the troubles, we didn't hire any agencies for that. I remember how fun it was to choose a wedding dress. I was invited to the salon of my best friends, and there was a lot of trying and re-trying different dresses. And in the end I changed the one that we chose with the girls to another at the last moment, I decided to trust my intuition and my own taste. I look forward to the day when I will put on the wedding dress.
If we talk about honeymoon, we have already managed to travel and relax some, we visited Cyprus in Paris in May. A wonderful trip! Unfortunately, after the celebration I and my husband didn't have time for a vacation. He is also an athlete and all his days are painted on the clock.

- Even now in our country there is a stereotype that it is more difficult to build a career for a woman. What do you think about this?
- To some extent this is true. I see many women who primarily build a career, and then think about the family. But this position is not for me. As corny as it sounds, but I am convinced that woman is the keeper of the hearth. Her mission is to raise children, to create comfort. However, extremes should be avoided, too. We live in a modern world. We have all the benefits of civilization. You can perfectly combine career and family. Everything in life is a matter of choice. I had already made my choice.

- It seems that you have everything you can dream about: winning the world and Russian competitions, and the recognition of a brilliant sports career. Do you have a feeling that you succeeded?
- I have no such feeling. On the contrary, it seems that I made quite a few. There is so much energy left in me, I want to go on and win. And I still have a dream: to convey to the public the important idea that ​​all we do as skaters is aiming to inspire people to achieve big and small victories. Yes, we are pleased to receive a medal, to defend the honor of the country. But we also try to touch the deepest feelings of the audience in our performances: love, joy, love for life. If it happens, then I'm happy! For me it is the most important victory. I really hope that we will have the opportunity to do it at the Olympics in Pyeongchang in 2018.

- Katia, we wish you good luck and even more victories in the future!
- Thank you!

P.S. It's pretty rough, but understandable translation. She's such an interesting and nice woman!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Interview with Katia about her upcoming wedding/relationship with Andrei. Her photos with Andrei are just lovely :drama: The best I think I've ever seen. I'm going to make avatars out of them :luv17:

Interview http://ru.hellomagazine.com/svadby/...limpiyskaya-chempionka-ekaterina-bobrova.html
Photo Album http://ru.hellomagazine.com/gallery/1318-dnevnik_nevesty_ekaterina_bobrova.html

The look like real models! Very happy for both of them. I'm sure the wedding will be great :)

Mattieu

Medalist
Exhibition

Star Ice Russia: Olympic Winners, skated in Apatity
Prelude No. 20, Opus 28 by Chopin
There is a rumor that this is the exhibition version of this year's FD
https://vk.com/video-96272372_456239019

It has been confirmed by Bobrova. She said it was the first 3 mins of their FD, but that the music changes in the last minute
I guess we will have to wait for the Test skates in less than 2 weeks to see what that music is.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
From the same exhibition, a not so good video that includes a bit of Stepanova and Bukin doing part of their SD to "Trouble Maker" by Trouble Maker, Elladj Balde skating to Michael Jackson, and then Katia and Dima skate their SD, which I think is Blues: "Mercy" by Christina Aguilera and Swing: "Sing, Sing, Sing" an instrumental version.
https://m.vk.com/video39357064_45623...pl_39357064_-2

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
https://vk.com/videos257530852?z=video257530852_456239041/pl_257530852_-2

I don't know if anyone posted this one here - this is the LP. I really liked it?!? There's a lot of potential and I liked more than Anna Karenina last year when I saw it the first time. They are in better condition now than they were last year, too. Liked the spin and the lifts. Can't wait to see more - and I already smelled some sour grapes on the other thread, but I'm just so happy they are still competing.

And here's the SP, at minute 9 - https://vk.com/figureskating_love?z=video39357064_456239076/b5be5f6a3d5da65642/pl_wall_-64888695

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
https://vk.com/videos257530852?z=video257530852_456239041/pl_257530852_-2

I don't know if anyone posted this one here. I really liked it?!? There's a lot of potential and I liked more than Anna Karenina last year when I saw it the first time. They are in better condition now than they were last year, too. Liked the spin and the lifts. Can't wait to see more - and I already smelled some sour grapes on the other thread, but I'm just so happy they are still competing.

Haha! I thought it was just me :laugh: The smell was pretty strong, and I liked it!

Snow63

Record Breaker
Maybe some people are afraid? I just love this program and think they are stepping into the right direction so far.

I hope they're going to some Challangers (Nebelhorn seems like a good idea if it's not too late) to show judges and tech panel their dances.

Also, they added third twizzle, which is a good decision. IMO, it adds more to the programm than dance jump into the twizzles. I wish they would do both features, though.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I hope they're going to some Challangers (Nebelhorn seems like a good idea if it's not too late) to show judges and tech panel their dances.

Also, they added third twizzle, which is a good decision. IMO, it adds more to the programm than dance jump into the twizzles. I wish they would do both features, though.

I think they should go to at least one other competition before the GP circuit, but I have no idea if it is in their plans.

I liked their twizzles last year, but it always felt like something was missing, perhaps because most of the couples do three sets. Although, they got some good GOE for their twizzles last year. And I'm just happy they seem to be getting better at them, haha.