Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy 2014 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy 2014

inskate

On the Ice
she wanted to get 1.1 x points for the second half, but that was the most difficult 3L-3T

If we are talking about Marin, technically she did 2T-3T< (<< if the judge was having a bad day). The first jump took off right back outside edge (with toe assist), if she was going for Lutz, she would be on left back outside edge. Well, unless she was a clockwise jumper ;)

tana

Match Penalty
from @tahko119

Advanced Novice Girls
1 Yuna Aoki 142.63!
2 Yeri Kim 129.84
3 Marin Honda 126.14
4 So Hyun An

Great job, Japanese ladies Yuna and Marin! Cannot believe only novice girls can be this good already. Very happy to see that the future of Japanese skating is bright with young talented skaters like Yuna, Marin, and Wakaba. Excellent work, girls!

angelfacehanyu

Match Penalty
yuna, marin and wakaba! Never have japanese ladies single looked this intense! the three of them will be tough rivals for 2018 olympics!

inskate

On the Ice
Great total score from Yuna (beating Elena's total from 2012) and good comeback from Marin! I wish we could see the protocols. I assume top girls skated clean-ish..?

I hope somebody will be able to upload the videos soon :)

NMURA

Medalist
again, according to @tahko119

Aoki skated to Scheherazade with perfection
Marin skated mostly clean except a 1A-3T
Two Koreans were also clean(ish)
An's score was 122+ ?

angelfacehanyu

Match Penalty
aoki's mentality seems strong! Two perfect short/free programs to beat elena's score! Is that a new record for a novice skater?

jimeonji

Final Flight
Nah, I think she should concentrate on improving 3F-3T. Her jumps are so powerful she should rotate it easily as long as she improves the landing of the Flip. Perhaps trying to improve the edge messed up her timing a bit? IIRC her lip was worse the last time I saw it, this time it took off almost off the flat and only got an "!".
I'm wondering why she just doesn't do a 3lz3t though - her 3lz edge is fine? So she can do 3lz in the 2nd half...? I hope she does better later on. Good luck to her in the FS tomorrow.

NMURA

Medalist
Aoki TES 52.70
3Lz-3Lo(+0.7) 3S~2A 2A 3Lz 3F! 3Lo

Honda TES 45.97
3Lo-2T 1A-3T 3T 3Lo 3S 2A

Aoki did the 3Lz-3Lo. That's something never expected.

Marin didn't do 3Lz and 3F. She could to be injured after all.
If so, the 1A-3T was as intended. She earned more than 8 points over the BV.

burntBREAD

Medalist
I'm wondering why she just doesn't do a 3lz3t though - her 3lz edge is fine? So she can do 3lz in the 2nd half...? I hope she does better later on. Good luck to her in the FS tomorrow.

I would guess 3Lz is the required solo jump in juniors this year?

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I was at Taipei Arena to watch Adv. Novice ladies event. But I left early so didn't get to see the protocol. Now it is posted on the Chinese forum.
Yuna did: 3Lz-3Lo/3S-2ASeq/2A/3Lz/CCoSp3/3F/3Lo/Stsq2/FSSp3, got (!) for her Flip, but didn't get deduction on the GOE, all +GOE
The 3S-2A in sequence falls right on the music, it was wonderful. And her single 2A has steps into the jump, very similar to Mao's 2A at her 1st Nocturne version.
The only weakness I saw in Yuna's performance was her spiral.

thoakun

Final Flight
Aoki did 3Lz-3Lo? Japanese skaters seem so determined to raise the bar. Their music choices and choreography are also interesting. This must be the most exciting B-event I've followed. Good luck to all of them.

Kuan

Final Flight
Great total score from Yuna (beating Elena's total from 2012) and good comeback from Marin! I wish we could see the protocols. I assume top girls skated clean-ish..?

I hope somebody will be able to upload the videos soon :)

Thats Yunas protocol

Marins protocol No zero or negativ GOE :clap: All 1 or 2!! Good job!