Back to the beginning for Brezina | Golden Skate

Back to the beginning for Brezina

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In July, Michal Brezina of the Czech Republic returned to his former training base in Oberstdorf, Germany, to train under to Karel Fajfr.

More

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm very excited to see his programs...hope he can pull it all together, but it will be a pleasant surprise if he does.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Two toeloops and one salchow? :unsure: He has been doing two salchows and no toeloop for a long time! And, I hope that he'll go for a 3F+3T and solo 4S instead of 4S combo and solo 3F, since he ends up doing 4S+2T most of the times

Icey

Record Breaker
Two distractions out of the way: New York and his girlfriend!!!!!;) He needs to master competing against himself. Hope he has a great year and fulfills his early promise.

Robin26

Rinkside
Icey I dont know which girlfriend you are talking about but his present one is great and a very hard working devoted skater ! Not a distraction at all.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
While I'm not personally a fan, I do hope Michal finds some success and redemption after this hard season. I feel bad for how many times he came in... fourth (imo, should've been third in 2012 Europeans). Sadly, I'm not optimistic about the new LP layout.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
good luck Michal! he is a skater who goes in every race with high hopes, but .. it never fails ..

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Icey I don't know which girlfriend you are talking about but his present one is great and a very hard working devoted skater ! Not a distraction at all.

I think you're referring to Daniela Montalbano? In Michal's ice bucket challenge, her name is tattooed on him in Hebrew. Are they still a couple?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It seems Brezina is known for his quads and 4th place finishes. I feel he needs to address his inconsistency with more stamina and better jump take offs which have been getting the job done but hard on the eyes of the beholders. He is a skater I have to wish for a breakthrough soon, very soon.

I believe a healthy happy relationship is good for an athlete's well being and performances. It offers balance, not distraction.