NRW Trophy 2014 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

NRW Trophy 2014

Alex D

Record Breaker
First two groups are through,

currently leading is Kylie Loots from the Netherlands with 33.10 points.

If she will be able to loot the trophy remains to be seen as we still have 5 more skaters to go! The German Alesia is on two with 29.65 and on three is another dutch "lady" that goes by the name of Kyria Pattikawa.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Update after two groups Novica A Girls

If she will be able to loot the trophy remains to be seen as we still have 5 more skaters to go! The German Alesia is on two with 29.65 and on three is another dutch "lady" that goes by the name of Kyria Pattikawa.

Alex D

Record Breaker

And we have a winner,

Kylie is indeed able to loot the trophy, no other girl managed to beat the score of the dutch. She started her performance with a nice double Lutz - double Toe! and attempted another combination with a double Flip, where she sadly lacked the speed for the following double Toe. I believe she has a good technique already, sure someone who we will hear more from in future. The spins and steps received level two modifications.

1. Kylie Loots - 33.10
2. Alesia Rennella (GER) - 29.56
3. Kyra Pattikawa - 26.81

I also want to point out that I absolutely loved the performance of another dutch girl, Demi Sijswerda who just lit up the place with her smiles, great to watch - a very enjoyable skater who will get a spot in the NRW Column! ;)

More after the protocols are up ;)

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Results

And we have a winner,

Kylie is indeed able to loot the trophy, no other girl managed to beat the score of the dutch. She started her performance with a nice double Lutz - double Toe! and attempted another combination with a double Flip, where she sadly lacked the speed for the following double Toe. I believe she has a good technique already, sure someone who we will hear more from in future. The spins and steps received level two modifications.

1. Kylie Loots - 33.10
2. Alesia Rennella (GER) - 29.56
3. Kyra Pattikawa - 26.81

I also want to point out that I absolutely loved the performance of another dutch girl, Demi Sijswerda who just lit up the place with her smiles, great to watch - a very enjoyable skater who will get a spot in the NRW Column!

More after the protocols are up

And another result, Basic Novice B Girls.

This time the trophy goes to Germany, Julia Chromik in an amazing dress and with a double Flip - double Toe combination and two level 2 spins scored 24.54 points and won the competition before a very elegant and graceful Zoe Zuidhoek with 18.57 and Eloniek van Kempens, 17.90 - both from the Netherlands.

Boys Basic A

Jimmy Atila, losing by two points in 2013 has returned and claimed the victory with a strong performance (double Flip + double Toe / double Lutz + double Toe and a double Axel), second came Earvin Montadier from France who faulted his double Loop - double Lutz combination.

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
The first two groups of the Advanced Novice Girls SP are over and especially the first had a lot of highlights.

For the full line up please check,

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/SEG001.HTM

As always you can follow the competition live,

either via

http://nrw-trophy.de/livestream.html

or here on FB with occasional updates by the OC

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NRW-Tr...66?ref=tn_tnmn

The current standings are,

Lucrecia Gennaro from Italy knows how to prepare for a good skate, this morning she did run through her routine in the breakfast room of our hotel and e voila she is currently leading with 31.62 points, before the German Dora Hus with a very cute performance and 31.53 points. Third is, Andrea Montesinos from Mexico with 29.32 points, a skater who has a high chance of being featured in my "in the mind of a figure skater column" that is coming around Christmas, great style!

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
The first two groups of the Advanced Novice Girls SP are over and especially the first had a lot of highlights.

For the full line up please check,

As always you can follow the competition live,

either via

or here on FB with occasional updates by the OC

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NRW-Tr...66?ref=tn_tnmn

The current standings are,

Lucrecia Gennaro from Italy knows how to prepare for a good skate, this morning she did run through her routine in the breakfast room of our hotel and e voila she is currently leading with 31.62 points, before the German Dora Hus with a very cute performance and 31.53 points. Third is, Andrea Montesinos from Mexico with 29.32 points, a skater who has a high chance of being featured in my "in the mind of a figure skater column" that is coming around Christmas, great style!

We do have a new leader,

the French Pauline Wanner scored 38.41 points, a program with many highlights such as her spins and jumps but also a typical French attitude that reminds me so much on Leanelle. Very elegant and sympathic skater she is.

Standing after 4 groups,

1. Pauline Wanne 38.41
2. Lucrezia Gennaro 31.62
3. Dora Hus 31.53

I also want to mention a skater from the Czech Republic, Denise Drabova (26.61) performed the "Sotnikova Spin" and was the very first girl who "danced" to vocals today. Quite some emotional piece of music this was, I believe the song also means something to her.

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Results Advanced Girls SP

We do have a new leader,

the French Pauline Wanner scored 38.41 points, a program with many highlights such as her spins and jumps but also a typical French attitude that reminds me so much on Leanelle. Very elegant and sympathic skater she is.

Standing after 4 groups,

1. Pauline Wanner 38.41
2. Lucrezia Gennaro 31.62
3. Dora Hus 31.53

I also want to mention a skater from the Czech Republic, Denise Drabova (26.61) performed the "Sotnikova Spin" and was the very first girl who "danced" to vocals today. Quite some emotional piece of music this was, I believe the song also means something to her.

So folks, Elisabeth Kremer just wrapped up the Advanced Novice girls and we do have a new leader and guess from where she comes? Russia!

Anastasia Gubanova scored 43.71 - the only girl above 40 points today. It was a very charming performance by the 11 years old from St. Petersbrurg who will celebrate her birthday next week on the 2nd. A small "pre" birthday present she made herself today -it was a wonderful performance, like a feather she was floating over the ice, it looked so easily and calm, not breaking any sweat on her elements. Did you know that she already landed triple flips as a 9 years old?

I really like how she elevates and where she is during the "air phase", it just doesn't seem like she would ever get in danger of not landing her jumps. A brave but also very capable athlete, who skates with the music and has a lovely soft edge while doing so.

Today Anastasia performed a triple Lutz and attempted a triple Flip - double Toe combination, sadly the Toe didn't come but she is capable of landing all triples except the Axel which is incredible impressive and we should hopefully see this tomorrow in the FS!

Pauline Wanner from France came second with 38.41 points while performing a triple Loop - double Toe combination, a triple Sal and a clean double Axel. It was a very elegant and graceful performance. She didn't make any mistakes while skating for the crowd, always having her head up, checking for feedback. Her spins were performed with high speed and great body tension, a very mature performance that received level threes for steps and spins.

Third came Anastasia Schneider from Sweden who skated to Carmen and received 36.79 points while landing a triple Sal - double toe combination while having slight issues on a triple Toe. I really enjoyed how she interpreted the music and that she performs most of her elements very clean and with attitude, the result were good GOE and even a three for her Layback.

For the full results please visit,

I also want to point out Lara Luft, she was amazing with her performance to the Rocky Soundtrack "Eye of the Tiger" - lovely girl, more in the final NRW column.

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Gubanova - no combo in SP. She lost about 4 points on this.
Because of this score 4 points less than Radionova at Triglav-2012.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Results Advanced Boys

So folks,

time for the advanced novice.

We had two WD, by Lukas Gneiding and Pavel Uverov - reason unknown. Currently in the lead is Nikolay Majorov (younger brother of Alexander) with 36.53 points (double Flip - double Toe, triple Sal), followed by Andrei Petrenko 34.45 (fell at his triple Lutz, flutzed the second in comb. with double toe). Third came Jonathan Hess (32.68) who fell at the triple Sal but received level three modifications for his other elements.

For full details please check,

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/SEG006.HTM

Junior Men are starting now (3 groups),

the starting Order can be found here.

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/SEG012.HTM

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Junior Men after two groups.

Currently leading is Illya Solomin (SWE) with 54.69, second from the Czech Republic Jiri Belohradsky, followed by his younger brother Matyas with 47.20.

You can get the full results here in about 40 minutes, group three still has to skate after ice resurfacing.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Result Junior Men

Junior Men after two groups.

Currently leading is Illya Solomin (SWE) with 54.69, second from the Czech Republic Jiri Belohradsky, followed by his younger brother Matyas with 47.20.

You can get the full results here in about 40 minutes, group three still has to skate after ice resurfacing.

Last update for today,

Illya Solomin from Sweden is still in the lead with 54.69 points. He landed a triple Lutz and a triple Loop - double loop. His spins received up to level 4. Trailing behind by a bit more than three points is Jiri Belohradsky with 51.21. I absolutely enjoyed his interpretation, there was a lot going on all the time and he tried to time his elements always on beat. Sadly he lost a few points due lack of concentration, especially towards the end. That said, he started well with a good double Axel and also performed a Lutz and a double Toe - triple Toe combination that might have been planned as a triple toe combination?

Third with some very entertaining music came the German Dave Kötting. He struggled a bit with his jumps but got credit for a triple Flip - double Toe and a triple Lutz. Not a very clean program, yet fun to watch especially because of the music that had a hang of disco pop. He received twice a level 4 for his spins and scored 50.49 points.

You can find the full results here,

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/CAT008RS.HTM

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Preview

Good morning,

the ice is just being prepared and we are ready to go for the first competition today, Novice Boys Free. Currently leading is Nikolaj Majorov with 36.53 points before Andrej Petrenko with 34.95 and Jonathan Hess with 32.68.

For the full starting line up please follow the link below,

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/SEG007.HTM

You can also check the live stream here,

Afterwards we will have 35 young girls on the ice, starting at around 12.00 CET. Anastasia will start in the last group as skater number 34 and I believe its pretty sure to assume that she will put a rocking performance on the ice. Her current score is 43.71 points, 5.30 infront of Pauline Wanner, third is Anastasia Schneider. The competition will start around 16.00 CET.

For the full line up please check here,

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/SEG002.HTM

The day will then be closed by the Junior Ladies around 17.15 CET, the drawing has just happened, and should appear online in a few minutes here.

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/SEG010.HTM

We will have 8 full packed groups and based on former experience I can highly recommend Annika Hocke and Lutricia Bock both Germany and also Elizabet Tursynbayeva from Kazakhstan. Kalina Lewicka who won in the Advanced Novice last year will also start.

As a small reminder,

Advanced Boys 10.30 CET / 04.30 Eastern
Advanced Novice 12.05 CET / 06.05 Eastern
Junior Ladies 17.15 CET / 11.15 Eastern

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Elizabet TURSYNBAYEVA is in the junior ladies list :shocked: :cheer: i havent noticed her name before when i checked especially if she is competing, so happy, cant wait to watch :party2: :dance: :popcorn:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Results Advanced Boys

Elizabet TURSYNBAYEVA is in the junior ladies list :shocked: :cheer: i havent noticed her name before when i checked especially if she is competing, so happy, cant wait to watch :party2: :dance: :popcorn:

She is going to be on the ice at 21.57 CET ;)

Here are the results of the Advanced Boys,

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/CAT005RS.HTM

Andrej Petrenko from Russia won the competition in a very entertaining program, with 6 triple jumps - two in combination (Lutz - toe / Toe - Toe), his Flip was wrong edged though.
Second with two triple (Sal) came the younger brother of Alexander, Nikolaj Majorov. As a big fan of Sasha I can highly recommend his younger brother, he is a joy to watch and also has a wonderful attitude already. You can really say they are brothers.
Third came the German Kai Jagoda with the third best FS, climbing up from four after the SP.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Quick result Advanced girls FS

Ladies FS is over with a winner from Russia,

you can find the results soon here

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1404/SEG002.HTM

it wasn't the best day for our Russian "girl" (120.96), her program faced many ups and downs, she went for the big stuff with triple Lutz / Toe and Flip / Toe, while the combination with the flip worked just fine, the one with the Lutz didn't. Of her 7 triple jumps only three worked today ( Lutz, Sal).

Her whole facial expression while choreographed fit that rollercoaster of success and "failure" constantly. I always say if you want to win something then you need to go for it and this she did. I am sure it will go much better next time, she still has so much time. Right now she cant go to Worlds or Olympics anyways, she is only 11 years old!

On two came the girl of the day for me, Pauline Wanner. The French did really good today, she knows how to put something on the ice that entertains and yet is skilled. She didn't had any major mistakes and landed 4 triple ( Loop, Toe and the Sal twice, once in combination with a double Toe). Her skate was at any time a joy too watch, she really had fun the girl from Colmar with the flowers in her hair. It was quite impressive what ice coverage and grace she already has in her young age.

Third came a young lady from Sweden, Anastasia Schneider. I really loved her program, it had so many unique elements that you don't see all the time, wonderfully choreographed, fitting to the music like during the step sequence which received a level three, like her spins that were awesome to watch. Loved her first Axel and how she always kept her heads up high, also during the VS. A very charming young lady.

I also want to mention some other skaters like Dora Hus, Elisabeta Korinkova, the Mexican Andrea Montesinos or Anna Gorddienko - more about those after the NRW trophy has concluded.

Top Three are:

1 Anastasia GUBANOVA RUS 120.96
2 Pauline WANNER FRA 106.41
3 Anastasia SCHNEIDER SWE 101.11

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Quick feedback Junior Girls

Aww that second group was really awesome!

My two favorite elements in FS performed in perfection. What an amazing Layback by Deimante, absolutely ace and Matilda absolutely nailed that stepsquence, just perfect like of Mrs. Stepsequence herself - Sotnikova.

I can highly recommend both skaters if you like these elements.

Right now leading is the German Lea Johanna Dastich who already had an amazing skate at the JGP in Dresden and once again she could smile, no mistakes seen - a wonderful program.

After two groups:

Lea: 49.69
Deimante: 45.93
Anni: 43.68

Alex D

Record Breaker
Aww that second group was really awesome!

My two favorite elements in FS performed in perfection. What an amazing Layback by Deimante, absolutely ace and Matilda absolutely nailed that stepsquence, just perfect like of Mrs. Stepsequence herself - Sotnikova.

I can highly recommend both skaters if you like these elements.

Right now leading is the German Lea Johanna Dastich who already had an amazing skate at the JGP in Dresden and once again she could smile, no mistakes seen - a wonderful program.

After two groups:

Lea: 49.69
Deimante: 45.93
Anni: 43.68

Not much has changed after group 4 just finished.

Lea is still leading, before Deimante and Anni. Leona Hendrickx did not start.

I really liked the skate of Cassandra Perotin but also Christina Schöner who skates to some german vocals with lots of heart!