Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres

lucyagogo

On the Ice
I just wanted to say that I totally admired how Vanessa & Morgan handled the whole Euros thing, they definitely deserved to be on that podium!!! but I know this will fire them up with motivation for the coming Olympics and they will do great. :hap10: We're on their side.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you for sharing... she is amazing... Morgan is amazing!!!!! Truly gentle souls..

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is an awesome five page article on Vanessa and Morgan in the Feb. issue of International Figure Skating Magazine. It reviews the ups and downs of their partnership from the start. Here are some of the comments regarding their style and their Olympic plans:

Before, they did not have a team. One coach cannot create everything. Now, they work a lot on transitions and skating skills. With Silvia Fontana, they work on their unison, knee bends, and polish. John Kerr also works on their transitions so they are easier and closer so they look more like dancers. They have two pairs coaches -- one being John Zimmerman and the other Jeremy Barrett works with them on the technical side. Morgan says they used to skate like singles skaters and were more focused on doing the elements like the quad throw. Now they want to skate together, find new transitions, and try to be like ice dancers. He feels the judges can now see more artistry.

Regarding the Olympics -- They do not plan to add any more technical elements to their programs and will stick with what they currently have, at least until the Olympics. One of the elements they experimented with during the off-season was the signature move at the end of the long program. They opened their Olympic season with a win at the Autumn Classic and then took the bronze at Skate Canada. It was their first Grand Prix podium finish outside France. Morgan said "We got a standing ovation, so that is the best thing we can ask. It is not about the judges -- it is about the thousand people in the arena who stood at the same time. It was amazing." Vanessa added "I expect to get standing ovations in France, but it is really nice to get one in a country that is not your own." They hit a new level of popularity at Skate Canada with fans requesting autographs and asking for their Canadian flags to be signed.

The 2018 Olympics will be the third for Vanessa and the second for Morgan but the first in which they have the possibility to medal. Vanessa says they are not putting too much pressure on themselves. "It is not like we are one of those teams that have been up there for years who have been World champions. We are just starting to peak, so I think it is good timing." If they were to claim a medal, they would be the first French pairs team in 86 years to do so.

They are now permanently based in Florida. Morgan is enjoying his first adventure living in the U.S. "When I arrived in Miami last year I jut fell in love with this kind of life. The people are nice and the weather is pretty amazing. I just feel at home now in Florida."

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Looks like Vanessa and Morgan have decided to skate "The Sound of Silence" at the Olympics instead of "Say Something": https://instagram.com/p/BexUDAQBy0K/. I'm a touch sad, because I adored "Say Something", but "Sound of Silence" is absolutely epic and I think they could absolutely knock it out of the park...

Plumededragon

Medalist
Sound of Silence is definitely an Olympic choice. People have praised it so much last season, it’s their program. They probably thought it would simply be better to go back to it. There was already rumors of them keeping it this season, but they got a new one until now instead.
Many skaters are going back to old programs, and I cannot blame them as they connect more to some programs and know it was the best choice to make for this special season. That’s what Gabby Delleman has done by going to her old FP, same for Yuzu, Eric and Megan, etc...

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Although I loved both programs, I like Sound of Silence just a little bit better. I think it's a good choice for the Olympics. Hope they will still keep their awesome signature move at the end! :clap:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sound of Silence is definitely an Olympic choice. People have praised it so much last season, it’s their program.

I totally agree, it's iconic for them, and it makes a ton of sense to go back to it for this huge moment.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm glad the pantsuit is staying :)

Julie Wie

On the Ice
Hey everyone !

I´m so excited I have to share this with you: as a result of making all those montages of J/C, Vanessas mom invited me to meet them in Milano at Worlds :yahoo::hap85::hap93:

now I´m preparing some questions for an interview - I have a LOT on my mind, but I wanted to ask you: what would you want to ask or tell Vanessa and Morgan, if you had the chance to meet them in person ?

cheers
Julie:biggrin:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Hey everyone !

I´m so excited I have to share this with you: as a result of making all those montages of J/C, Vanessas mom invited me to meet them in Milano at Worlds :yahoo::hap85::hap93:

now I´m preparing some questions for an interview - I have a LOT on my mind, but I wanted to ask you: what would you want to ask or tell Vanessa and Morgan, if you had the chance to meet them in person ?

cheers
Julie:biggrin:

You are SO lucky... what a great opportunity!!!
Would you say for me they have a huge following in America. I am most curious about their daily routine .... what do they do to keep fit and healthy? Exercise routines? Diet? Meditations, etc?
Also, I love their music choices. I know Vanessa has said she searches for music that will work... but I am astonished that their choices are so appealing and representative of their unique style. Also, they seem so relaxed and happy on the ice... it is a joy for their fans to see. Will repeat, truly gentle, kind souls, wish them the absolute best in these games!!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Really looking forward to seeing Vanessa and Morgan in the SP tomorrow (and Vanessa's gorgeous blue dress!). Wishing them luck, a good practice today and a great skate tomorrow!

beki

Medalist
I’m looking forward to the casual audience falling for them in a big way. They’re lit.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm so happy with how they did today! They got level 4s on everything except the step sequence, positive GOE on everything - not even a 0 anywhere on the protocol - and good PCS, and their fire was back after Euros and the team event. And they're in a decent position to fight for the bronze! I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and I hope they skate a barn-burner of a routine and stun everyone.