Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Stunning! I think it can be a commemorative stamp for them if the French Federation has any willingness to make it work. Besides, if Vanessa and Jamese know the existence of your design, they will be very pleased with it. Thank you for sharing your artwork with us. :)

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! I actually got a lot of requests from FS fans who have seen my other sketches for Vanessa and Morgan, and I'd been meaning to do them earlier, but it's really tough to draw more than one person at a time. Not only do you have to be aware of their individual proportions and features, they also need to be correct in relation to each other. Two organisms drawn as one. But last night I happened to have a full evening free so I tackled this and it was so much fun. When they skate, they are the epitome of power and beauty.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Thanks! I'm glad you like it! I actually got a lot of requests from FS fans who have seen my other sketches for Vanessa and Morgan, and I'd been meaning to do them earlier, but it's really tough to draw more than one person at a time. Not only do you have to be aware of their individual proportions and features, they also need to be correct in relation to each other. Two organisms drawn as one. But last night I happened to have a full evening free so I tackled this and it was so much fun. When they skate, they are the epitome of power and beauty.

You sum their strengths up very nicely. :agree: That's why pair fans were so drawn into the team and raved about their nice emergence as they finally hit their consistency with their technical prowess and refreshing routines as well as their creative and unconventional transitions. It would not be easy for artists to capture requested subject matters in one frame, but you did so nicely. Thanks again and please keep up the good work! :luv17:

mysticice

Rinkside
Vanessa and Morgan’s GP assignments are Skate Canada and Internationaux de France.

SC is going to be a tough competition, IdF a little easier. I hope they’ll make it to the Final.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG -- hope to go to SC! They would be one of the highlights for me! :clapper:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^SC is easier than SA to get to, and so many of my favorites are at SC. I'm waiting to hear from my skating nut friend if she wants to go too, then I think I'll start making my arrangements. Wonder if some people are trying to sell their tickets now that the announcements are out. Careers are short. Gotta see our favorites while we still can.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
^^^SC is easier than SA to get to, and so many of my favorites are at SC. I'm waiting to hear from my skating nut friend if she wants to go too, then I think I'll start making my arrangements. Wonder if some people are trying to sell their tickets now that the announcements are out. Careers are short. Gotta see our favorites while we still can.

do it, fully agree - if I lived in NA, I would make sure that I'll go either to SC or SA, even if I would have to starve myself and save like crazy:laugh:

and SC this year - so packed of tough competitions, Pairs, Ice Dance, Men are to die for, and Queen Anna in Ladies, Kaetlyn...

I suspect that some ppl who counted on Yuzuru coming to SC for third time in a row will sell their tickets.

and I hope that Vanessa and Morgan will have: amazing programs, great confidence, successful, strong GP season (they are capable of getting that GPF!), all coming to Olympic medal, it's a dream of mine for them to medal!!!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Jackie Wong chose them as his #3 of 2016-17 – The biggest breakthrough

http://www.rockerskating.com/top-50-of-201617/2017/6/12/video-3-of-2016-17-the-biggest-breakthrough

I agree wholeheartedly.

I though the same - they came up with what they did completely under the radar, and that's what was really amazing. There is not a lot of things better nor moving than the power of positive surprise. And the way they outdid themselves with those beautiful programs at WTT, just great and again, defying all odds and everybody's expectations!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
SO surprised to see Vanessa and Morgan at the Benefit Show for Team JL Help Lucy Fight Leukemia Campaign yesterday!!! They did their EX from last season including those 2 moves that make me dive under my seat...!! Don'T know how many were in the audience, but they went ballistic with each lift and signature move. Such a lovely generous gesture from a truly classy Pairs Team... the show was wonderful, very casual, impromptu, informal, heartfelt... my favorite kind of venue. :love: :agree: :clap:

gabriele

On the Ice
Can someone help out with links to their skates at French nationals in December 2016, please? Thankyou.