Uno makes history; Brown returns | Golden Skate

Uno makes history; Brown returns

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The crowd at Spokane Arena was buzzing as Japan’s Shoma Uno landed a quadruple flip—the first in international competition—during the head-to-head team singles competition of the 2016 KOSÉ Team Challenge Cup event at Spokane Arena in Spokane, Wash. on Friday night.

More
“I was not sure I could make it,” said Uno, 18, through a translator during a news conference. “But since I made it, I feel really confident (about the jump) for next season.”

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I was so impressed with the skating yesterday. And Boyang's Kiss and Cry was adorable. Shoma needs to learn to cheer like he means it. :biggrin:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I was so impressed with the skating yesterday. And Boyang's Kiss and Cry was adorable. Shoma needs to learn to cheer like he means it. :biggrin:

With all this talk about records being broken, I completely forgot to ask about how Jason was. Did he skate well? I haven't seen a video yet.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
With all this talk about records being broken, I completely forgot to ask about how Jason was. Did he skate well?

Jason was quite good considering this is his first competition since his recovery. I thought he looked tentative at times, but there was good speed and the program is calm and still interesting. I'm interested to see the program grow in the coming season.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Is he planning on keeping his programs from this season since he didn't perform them at Nats or Worlds?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG!!! Is that Secret Garden that he's skating to? I think that's Kostner's old music isn't it?

IDK the music personally, but it is Apassionata by Secret Garden. Who are they?

This SP is new; before his injury his SP was the Great Gatsby. He is keeping the Piano as his LP.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Yeah, I just looked it up and it's the same group but not the same song. Carolina skated to "Song From Secret Garden" However, I know that someone has skated to Appasionata. Does anyone remember who it was?

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I didn't pay any attention to TCC Cup, as I thought it's useless, but now I'm :shocked::shocked:. Evgenia broke another WR! And Shoma landed quad Flip!

What an event for sure. :laugh:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Irina Slutskaya skated to Appasionata in 2000. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qP6JJcxLhw

That' it!!!!!! It was Irina that I was thinking of. Thank you.............I know that I will get flack for this but, like Michelle Kwan, I had a hard time warming up to Irina as she was a rival to my Wife Maria B. The reason I remember that program so well is that Irina was a complete shock to me because she was not on the Russian Team in Helsinki when I attended Worlds for the first time. I had completely written her off and she looked like a different person. I'm sure she wasn't any taller but, due to her weight loss and costuming, I thought she was Julia Soldatova when I saw her at the boards waiting to skate.

Last edited: