Watershed Moments: Olympic Swimming | Golden Skate

Watershed Moments: Olympic Swimming

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Anyone enjoy the swimming at the Olympics like me?

The European Aquatics Championships have been great for Adam Peaty! :biggrin: I am hoping he can do as well in Rio.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I like swimming, but when it comes to water sports, diving is my favorite. Also, kitesurfing is being added to the program and I can't wait to watch because it sounds trippy. :yes:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I was watching some EAC this week too, Adam Peaty is definitely one to look out! I don't really have any favourites in Men tough. But in Ladies I will be cheering for Katinka Hosszu! I hope she will finally get some Olympic medals! :cheer2:

alebi

Medalist
I want Laszlo Cseh to win a gold medal!! He's one of the few that really deserve one!! He's an IMMENSE talent that had the only bad luck to find a certain Phelps on his way.... But he's a monument, for both European and World swimming history

rosacotton

Final Flight
I love watching swimming and diving during the Olympics. So many exciting events. The relays are my favorite!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I only can swim backstroke because I fear of opening my eyes and breathing under the water, so I admire all swimmers who devote much of their life in the water..

I feel a vicarious satisfaction from watching proficient athletes swim.

yude

Record Breaker
Kosuke Kitajima retired at the age of 33, his last race was in Japanese Nationals in April and it was so touching and memorable. He will be greatly missed but I'm sure he will be invited as a commentator in Rio Olympics. I wish the younger swimmers the best :)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I wish Sarah Sjöström, Sweden, success and that she wins at least one medal; (gold 100 m butterfly?) after her disappointing London olympics. Three gold medals at recent Europeans bodes well :clap:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
400m IM for men - two Aussies in the final, fingers crossed!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WORLD RECORD! :D Fabulous swim from the 4x100!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
that was quite a race... canada got bronze with two 16 y o girls in the team and a new national record... great race congrats to the ozzies

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm so happy for Katinka Hosszu! She's my fav current female swimmer :cheer: I'm so jelly of Hungary and their swimmers.

alebi

Medalist
Horton beat Sun!!!!! YESSSSS!!! :yes2:
He'll be a hard contender for Paltrinieri

Australia team has already started amazingly, I think they want to redeem London OG

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
So glad that Horton won. And Peaty safely through to the final with the 2nd fastest time ever. Yah!

Really sad for Hannah Miley though- 4th by a touch.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Horton beat Sun!!!!! YESSSSS!!! :yes2:
He'll be a hard contender for Paltrinieri

Australia team has already started amazingly, I think they want to redeem London OG

By all accounts Horton beating Sun was an extremely popular victory.

According to the Australian coaches, Sun had been deliberately splashing Horton in the practice pool the day before, which did not ruffle Horton one bit.

Horton had this to say after the race: "It's a win for the good guys against those who've tested positive."

Australia is going to do better in the pool than in London primarily because we cut the boneheads from the squad...a repeat of London's behaviour would have gone down among the Aussie public here like a lead balloon.

alebi

Medalist
Peaty can only lose the gold medal... and it won't happen. He is really a machine.