2018 U.S. Nationals in San Jose, CA, Info | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2018 U.S. Nationals in San Jose, CA, Info

Carolla5501

On the Ice
Disney is way more than just an amusement park!!!! (some would argue it's a lifestyle! lol) they have some great restaurants outside of their parks (Storyteller's Cafe, Napa Rose, Steakhouse 55, etc)

You are 2 for 3. Napa Rose and Steakhouse.

Storyteller's is a mass of out of control kids... hard to be "great" n :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
BTW, my therories on why surface street transportation in San Jose is so expensive may be all wet. Its not the state of CA. Supershuttle is taking me from the airport in San Diego to my hotel which is two miles away for $12. Why they should charge $55 from the San Jose airport to the Arena hotel has to be due to some local ordinances, not state.
Chris who is learning how to use the Uber app.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Disney is way more than just an amusement park!!!! (some would argue it's a lifestyle! lol) they have some great restaurants outside of their parks (Storyteller's Cafe, Napa Rose, Steakhouse 55, etc)

I am sorry, Toni... (OK, not REALLY but I want to be polite ;)) but I dont think DL is me...
https://www.thrillist.com/lifestyle/los-angeles/disneyland-tips-adults

My idea of an ammusement ride is going over a mountain pass on a 150 mph motorcycle....
My magic kingdom is the Rocky Mountains and their parks.....
My idea of an entertainer (other than a figure skater) is some crazy person that flys 500 mph airplanes around a pylon course while trying to miss other crazy people.
My idea of a good day of relaxing, eating, and a good night's sleep is camping out at the 9,000 ft level in the Big Horn Mountains after eating freeze dried food after an 8 mile hike...

Or, as the shuttle driver at the Omaha Nationals said to me with an odd look..., "You arent the typical figure skating fan, are you?" LOL! :rofl:

You go to DL and I will go to the "Planes of Fame" museum. :agree:

Carolla5501

On the Ice
At breakfast, yes Storyteller's is awful that way, but dinner time is much better.

I have never been for Breakfast. My one and ONLY visit to Storyteller's was dinner. It was horrid! LOL!

But for Chris you might like Huntington Beach. While it's not motorcycles you do get to watch crazy people try to do some unreal things on surfboards and it's an "interesting" community!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I have never been for Breakfast. My one and ONLY visit to Storyteller's was dinner. It was horrid! LOL!

But for Chris you might like Huntington Beach. While it's not motorcycles you do get to watch crazy people try to do some unreal things on surfboards and it's an "interesting" community!

Looks like a good place to people watch but Four Conts is such a good comp I expect I will be lucky to find time for the Planes of Fame Museum....wait...why do I have to hurry back to Spokane in the Winter?????

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
My idea of a good day of relaxing, eating, and a good night's sleep is camping out at the 9,000 ft level in the Big Horn Mountains after eating freeze dried food after an 8 mile hike...

see but that's not a fantasy world or even something "special" for me... cuz I live in Alaska. That's just a regular outing any time of year!

Huntington Beach is a great place to visit! Balboa is fun, too!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
AAARrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh! Mirai has been cut from the USFS calendar for 2018! The kiss of death.....:cry:
How can she now do well at San Jose? HEY, I know....I will cut out her page from the 2017 Calander and paste it over
another skater in the 2018 calendar.....hummmmm.....who shall I choose? This is almost like playing with voodoo dolls....:devil:

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
AAARrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh! Mirai has been cut from the USFS calendar for 2018! The kiss of death.....:cry:
How can she now do well at San Jose? HEY, I know....I will cut out her page from the 2017 Calander and paste it over
another skater in the 2018 calendar.....hummmmm.....who shall I choose? This is almost like playing with voodoo dolls....:devil:

Only the top three at nationals the prior year in each discipline get into the calendar.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Close to officially pulling the trigger! Going to buy plane tickets in the next day or so (and I have a $125 voucher from Alaska, so it will be really affordable!) and buy Championship weekend + Men's SP/Short Dance.

Going to arrive Thursday afternoon and leave Monday morning. Also going solo. Mr. P, bless his heart, has agreed to take care of (Very active, doesn't really stop for a minute) Toddler P for a few days so I can get a momcation. WOOOOO.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Close to officially pulling the trigger! Going to buy plane tickets in the next day or so (and I have a $125 voucher from Alaska, so it will be really affordable!) and buy Championship weekend + Men's SP/Short Dance.

Going to arrive Thursday afternoon and leave Monday morning. Also going solo. Mr. P, bless his heart, has agreed to take care of (Very active, doesn't really stop for a minute) Toddler P for a few days so I can get a momcation. WOOOOO.

Does this mean I might get to meet you?!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Happy to hear you are going, Mrs P. Looking forward to seeing you again :) I'll be there on the 3rd - thru the end of the event. First time seeing San Jose!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Planet tickets ordered! I found a more timely flight to SFO (I would have had a longer layover for the flight to SJC) -- so I decided that I'm going to spend the morning in SF and then head down to San Jose in the afternoon. So excited cause there's a really good ice cream shop there (I have a slight obsession, LOL.)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Planet tickets ordered! I found a more timely flight to SFO (I would have had a longer layover for the flight to SJC) -- so I decided that I'm going to spend the morning in SF and then head down to San Jose in the afternoon. So excited cause there's a really good ice cream shop there (I have a slight obsession, LOL.)

Slight? SLIGHT!!!!!! That's like saying the Titanic is slightly sunk! Good thing I only have 10 obsessions.... ;)
We shall have fun in San Jose....you will have to teach me how to load our slack group again.....I have no brain left....