Polina Tsurskaya will win this competition | Golden Skate

Polina Tsurskaya will win this competition

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Definitely... as long as she shows up here! :cool:

I don't like it. In Russian it is called "сглазить". Bosskil did that a week ago and Marin failed her SP. Polina should win it and everything else among juniors if she has recovered. But has she?

Last edited:

stryke

On the Ice
The fact that she is being sent means she has to be fully recovered. Eteri wouldn't let her skate not at full strength according to a recent interview.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
The moment I saw the title of the thread I laughed so hard:big grin:

Someone made "Marin..." last week and then this:laugh2:

Since Marin didn't win last week, with two threads predicting her win, I don't know what to say here.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Polina Tsurskaya will win this competition

Definitely...

Oh, sabinfire! :drama: You were the last person I thought would sink to the level of the über fans. :disapp:

And I am not just saying that because I don't like Tsurskaya. (Nothing personal - I'm sure she's a lovely girl. But, I just don't enjoy her style of skating).

I just really hate it when people make definite statements like this. It makes the devil in me want them to be comprehensively proven wrong... :devil:

...even if it involves a skater I do like! :eek:

Definitely... as long as she shows up here! :cool:

I like your disclaimer, though! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

Layback11

Record Breaker
I accidentally clicked the Yokohama folder whilst trying to get here and the first thing I saw was the Marin thread. It made me laugh, and I was just thinking someone should make one for this event! :laugh2: sure enough...

Sam_Skwantch re Brynne: :cool:! Can I join the Brynne club? Her FS this year has much sassy Spanish flair. Me like. :agree:

Also, Nugumanova. Nugumanova is presh and smol and also a wicked good jumper/spinner/performer.

Spinning

On the Ice
At least this thread doesn't contain arrogant claims and creepy obsessions! :biggrin:

But..well.. I have my own obsession.

Go Yuna! :hap10::hap10:

**hate it when my auto-correct mass with Yuna and give me Tuna instead. :dev2:

bluelutz

On the Ice
Polina will win if she has recovered 100%.
And as some other poster stated, I think they moved her assignment to Russia
probably because she was judged good enough now to represent Russia @her home country.
Many other Russians are great skaters, but Polina is one of a kind you see only once in a while.
Saying that, to be honest, I am more looking forward to seeing Nugmanova, who is such a charming skater.

Also we are most likely to see Russian sweep this time.
Historically if local skaters do good jobs, they get extra points as you see in Yokohama.
And Yuna S, who would be the only one possibly to prevent that,
is not consistent as last year because of her injury and body change,
the other Japanese skater, Iwamoto is the weakest among them.

So if all three Russians are CLEAN to NEAR CLEAN, most likely they will be on podium.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Now I think it is ok to have this kind of thread, since it is for junior competitions, and we can all talk like a teenage girl her. It is fun;)

Oh, sabinfire! :drama: You were the last person I thought would sink to the level of the über fans. :disapp:

And I am not just saying that because I don't like Tsurskaya. (Nothing personal - I'm sure she's a lovely girl. But, I just don't enjoy her style of skating).

I just really hate it when people make definite statements like this. It makes the devil in me want them to be comprehensively proven wrong... :devil:

...even if it involves a skater I do like! :eek:

I like your disclaimer, though! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker

Well I know which side you're on. :dev2:

Doesn't matter though, we're already halfway there! Bring it home tomorrow, Polina! :cheer2:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well I know which side you're on. :dev2:

Doesn't matter though, we're already halfway there! Bring it home tomorrow, Polina! :cheer2:

Well, as I said, I would be the same if it was a skater I liked. If somebody said that about Anna Pogo or Liza Tuk, I hate to admit it, but part of me would want them to be proved wrong. It's the devil in me! :devil:

As I said in the SP thread:

Group 4 Warm-up on

Polina T up first in this group. I've made no secret that I didn't like her last year - the style of skating just wasn't my taste. So it will be intersting to see if I like her this year now that she has different programmes.

So, I was prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt. But, as it turned out, her new SP wasn't my taste either.

But, you never know. I might like her FS. Like, it wouldn't be the first time I didn't like one programme, but did like the other.

What I can say for definite is that, at the moment, your Polina is doing better than my Polina.

Your Polina is leading. My Polina is, erm, 27[SUP]th[/SUP] out of 28... :slink:

CaroLiza_fan