2016 German Nationals 16-17/12 | Golden Skate

2016 German Nationals 16-17/12

Nirti

Medalist
They'll take place in Berlin this weekend.

Website

Entries

Meister Herren
1 Dave KÖTTING TECW B-W
2 Anton KEMPF MEV BAY
3 Fabian PIONTEK EVA BAY
4 Franz STREUBEL ECO BAY
5 Paul FENTZ SCB BER
6 Peter LIEBERS SCB BER

Meister Damen
1 Kristina ISAEV MERC B-W
2 Nathalie WEINZIERL MERC B-W
3 Maria HERCEG ECRE BAY
4 Alina MAYER-VIRTANEN ECO BAY
5 Annika HOCKE SCC BER
6 Nicole SCHOTT EJEKL NRW
7 Lutricia BOCK CEC SAS
8 Lea Johanna DASTICH DREC SAS

Meister Paare
1 Aljona SAVCHENKO
Bruno MASSOT
2 Minerva-Fabienne HASE BSV92
Nolan SEEGERT SCB
3 Mari VARTMANN DEG NRW
Ruben BLOMMAERT ECO BAY

Meister Eistanz
1 Kavita LORENZ
Joti POLIZOAKIS
2 Jennifer URBAN ECO BAY
Benjamin STEFFAN CEC SAS
3 Sophia JONES BTSC
Ian STEPHAN BTSC
4 Shari KOCH BTSC BER
Christian NÜCHTERN EGSS NRW
5 Katharina MÜLLER ERCW
Tim DIECK ERCW

Meister SYS
1 Team Berlin 1 BTSC BER
2 Skating Graces USGC SAS

Junioren SYS
1 Team Berlin Juniors BTSC BER

Nachwuchs SYS
1 Team Berlin Novice BTSC BER
2 Skating Graces Novice CEC SAS
NRW

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So still no sign of Annabelle Prölß competing, even in Singles.

I doubt she must have retired quietly after her split with Ruben Blommaert.

It's a shame if she has stopped completely. Yes, she had undoubtedly grown too tall for Pairs, but I thought she was still promising as a Singles skater.

CaroLiza_fan

VIKTOR

Rinkside
Meister Paare
1 Aljona SAVCHENKO
Bruno MASSOT
2 Minerva-Fabienne HASE BSV92
Nolan SEEGERT SCB
3 Mari VARTMANN DEG NRW
Ruben BLOMMAERT ECO BAY

NRW

Aljona SAVCHENKO/Bruno MASSOT will not participate

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
A message from Nicole Schott:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1178158878965552&id=165740596874057
Hello everyone. It is very sad for me to announce that I won`t be skating the German Nationals this week. I was very well prepared and really excited to skate. Unfortunately I got injured on the ice this Tuesday and I`m currently not allowed to skate. Even though this is very hard for me now I´m gonna do my best to recover and get ready for the second part of the season.
I want to wish the best for all the other skaters this week!
Go team Germany!!!
I wish her a speedy recovery.

VIKTOR

Rinkside
Are they getting a bye to Euros and Worlds (if she heals in time)?
Germany has three quotas in pair skating at the European championship and two quotas for the World Cup. Germany has only three pairs. So there are no issues on the trip. It would be health.

Last edited:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Schott and Bock out, that's just great. They were the most promising. :mad: I wonder how DEU will now decide who to send?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So, Weinzierl for the German title? Who else can win in Ladies?

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Schott and Bock out, that's just great. They were the most promising. :mad: I wonder how DEU will now decide who to send?

The criteria is the skaters with the 2 best scores from the season (including nationals) go to Euros. Schott is safe thanks to good showings at Senior Bs but Bock really needed nationals to surpass Weinzierl. So if Nicole heals on thime the team will be her and Nathalie.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
It is so great to see Peter Libers in competition although his form is not like before. The music choice for the FS is a bit surprising as it is arranged with Schindler's List and Rachmaninov piano piece. The end of the left sleeve dyed with a reddish color looks meaningful.

Last edited:

rosy14

Final Flight
The criteria is the skaters with the 2 best scores from the season (including nationals) go to Euros. Schott is safe thanks to good showings at Senior Bs but Bock really needed nationals to surpass Weinzierl. So if Nicole heals on thime the team will be her and Nathalie.

The Gala after the competitions has just ended and they announced the skaters for Euros: Weinziel amd Schott, Savchenko Massot and Vartanen Blommaert, Lorenz and Polizoakis and Fenz, 2nd of the men

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
The Gala after the competitions has just ended and they announced the skaters for Euros: Weinziel amd Schott, Savchenko Massot and Vartanen Blommaert, Lorenz and Polizoakis and Fenz, 2nd of the men

Fentz for Euros? Not Liebers?!? :eeking:
But... Liebers won the SP and the FS. And Fentz will never get any kind of program component score in international competitions. Did they explain why? Was it in agreement with Liebers?

Frenchie

Medalist
OK, I found some explanation (in German!)... Not satisfying, but still. :sarcasm:
Fentz is 0.07 points better if you add the 2 best season results. Still, given Peter is getting better every day, and Fentz is... hopelessly stiff, they should have made a judgement call here. Fentz uses the same program as last year, and every second in this program where he's not jumping is just painful to sit through. Sad.
Paul Fentz FS German Championships 2016-17
Peter Liebers FS German Championships 2016-17

Frenchie

Medalist
I know I should just let this go, but I'm having a really hard time doing so.

In the NRW Trophy 2 weeks ago, international judges gave Peter Liebers 5,74 points more for his Free Skate's program components than Paul Fentz: Liebers got 69,26 points, Fentz got 63,52.
The German judges now gave Fentz 0,02 points more than Liebers. This is just wrong.

The difference between the 2 is 0,07 points in the added total of both competitions, in favor of Fentz. If the German judges hadn't tried to sell Fentz to the world as "someone who can get program components", Liebers would have won the ticket to Euros by a huge margin.