Two new ski jumping world records! | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Two new ski jumping world records!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Absolutely! I'm really curious how Ammann will do at the beginning of next season.

Yeah, I'm also curious about Schlierenzauer. He still lacks individual Olympic Gold and for sure he aim to get one. I wonder if he can regain a top formfor next season. In Ski Jumping things change faster than in FS, everything's possible :)

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Yeah, I'm also curious about Schlierenzauer. He still lacks individual Olympic Gold and for sure he aim to get one. I wonder if he can regain a top formfor next season. In Ski Jumping things change faster than in FS, everything's possible :)
Me too. But somehow I think that Ammann is going to do better than Schlierenzauer next season and I can't really explain it. Probably some interviews Schlierenzauer did lately. I think he changed, he's more likeable now and he has more self-awareness. I don't think that this is likely to be good for the athlete Schlierenzauer, although he'll become a better person. I wouldn't count him out as a contender for an Olympic gold medal though, I just don't think he'll ever be this unbelievable serial winner again. But he would be able to really value the Olympic gold medal.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Me too. But somehow I think that Ammann is going to do better than Schlierenzauer next season and I can't really explain it. Probably some interviews Schlierenzauer did lately. I think he changed, he's more likeable now and he has more self-awareness. I don't think that this is likely to be good for the athlete Schlierenzauer, although he'll become a better person. I wouldn't count him out as a contender for an Olympic gold medal though, I just don't think he'll ever be this unbelievable serial winner again. But he would be able to really value the Olympic gold medal.

You're so good with words! I have similiar feelings about it, but I wouldn't be able to say it so nicely ;)

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
You're so good with words! I have similiar feelings about it, but I wouldn't be able to say it so nicely ;)
Thanks! :eek::
Schlierenzauer has slowly grown on me. I think he's not an unusal type of ski jumper / athlete. Many are self-centered when they are young and very successful, most of them tend to grow wiser.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just saw a story pop up on my Facebook News Feed.

Apparantly, the local council in Pragelato has approved a plan to demolish the large hill and normal hill used in the 2006 Olympics to make way for an Alpine Skiing Downhill course.

The smaller hills are to be kept on.

Here is where I heard it:

http://www.skisprungschanzen.com/EN/Ski+Jumps/ITA-Italy/Pragelato/0334-Stadio+del+Trampolino/

And here is where they heard it:

http://www.neveitalia.it/olimpiadi-...-la-fine-dei-trampolini-olimpici-di-pragelato

Such a shame.

CaroLiza_fan

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Just saw a story pop up on my Facebook News Feed.

Apparantly, the local council in Pragelato has approved a plan to demolish the large hill and normal hill used in the 2006 Olympics to make way for an Alpine Skiing Downhill course.

The smaller hills are to be kept on.

Here is where I heard it:

http://www.skisprungschanzen.com/EN/Ski+Jumps/ITA-Italy/Pragelato/0334-Stadio+del+Trampolino/

And here is where they heard it:

http://www.neveitalia.it/olimpiadi-...-la-fine-dei-trampolini-olimpici-di-pragelato

Such a shame.

CaroLiza_fan
It's a shame but I can understand that they decided to do it. They didn't get any FIS competitions in the last couple of years so it's too expensive to maintain. The important thing is that they'll keep the small hills for the kids.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It's a shame but I can understand that they decided to do it. They didn't get any FIS competitions in the last couple of years so it's too expensive to maintain. The important thing is that they'll keep the small hills for the kids.

Not even Continental Cup? Sad. And such a waste of money too...

I'm starting to be nervous about next season for team Poland. Stefan Horngacher will leave, because he has much better offers from other Feds (money wise, has not decided which offer to take yet (probably between Norway and Slovenia)). And so we're left without coach for now. What's more, unlike last season, Polish Ski Association had no idea beforehand, so no one looked for another coach in meantime. And lack of time is never good adviser. UGH. And it's Olympic season now... :(

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Not even Continental Cup? Sad. And such a waste of money too...

I'm starting to be nervous about next season for team Poland. Stefan Horngacher will leave, because he has much better offers from other Feds (money wise, has not decided which offer to take yet (probably between Norway and Slovenia)). And so we're left without coach for now. What's more, unlike last season, Polish Ski Association had no idea beforehand, so no one looked for another coach in meantime. And lack of time is never good adviser. UGH. And it's Olympic season now... :(
The FIS homepage says that the last Continental Cup competition was in 2009.
I think Horngacher is a sly negotiator, he'll probably stay in Poland. And I haven't read about him leaving in Austrian newspapers yet.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The FIS homepage says that the last Continental Cup competition was in 2009.
I think Horngacher is a sly negotiator, he'll probably stay in Poland. And I haven't read about him leaving in Austrian newspapers yet.

I feel sorry for Italian Ski jumpers :(

Regarding Horngacher, looks like it might be some kind of joke :biggrin: :palmf: I really hope so, we sooo need him.

Btw. Austria is satisfield with Kuttin's work? (they should be, but sometimes Feds are making wierd moves)

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I feel sorry for Italian Ski jumpers :(

Regarding Horngacher, looks like it might be some kind of joke :biggrin: :palmf: I really hope so, we sooo need him.

Btw. Austria is satisfield with Kuttin's work? (they should be, but sometimes Feds are making wierd moves)
April fool's day was two days ago! ;) But there are always some discussions about coaches at the end of the season. I think it would be unusual for him to leave right before the Olympic season when he had such a great season as a coach. Normally coaches leave after the Olympics.
I think we're satisfied with Kuttin. I am. It's just that Pointner was very popular and that the circumstances of that change with the involvement of Morgenstern (and probably Kuttin) etc. weren't nice and it wasn't ever fully explained what really happened. Pointner was a little too esoteric for my taste but he is the most successful coach Austria ever had. So there are still a lot of fans mourning after him.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
April fool's day was two days ago! ;) But there are always some discussions about coaches at the end of the season. I think it would be unusual for him to leave right before the Olympic season when he had such a great season as a coach. Normally coaches leave after the Olympics.
I think we're satisfied with Kuttin. I am. It's just that Pointner was very popular and that the circumstances of that change with the involvement of Morgenstern (and probably Kuttin) etc. weren't nice and it wasn't ever fully explained what really happened. Pointner was a little too esoteric for my taste but he is the most successful coach Austria ever had. So there are still a lot of fans mourning after him.

Yeah, I now find article that said Horgacher will be given whatever he wants by PSA, so he's not really leaving :)

I think Austria is blessed with very good team, but Pointner wasn't able to capitalize on some competitiors in recent times. I am actually mourning Morgi, I really liked him, and he is responsible for team Poland getting brinze medal in team event at 2013 WC ;) But I'm not really into competitiors meddling in coach changing as its affect all team, not just one or two competitiors. Btw. I heard Schlierenzauer was very into firing Pointner. Was it true? Or Polish media were exagerating?

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Yeah, I now find article that said Horgacher will be given whatever he wants by PSA, so he's not really leaving :)

I think Austria is blessed with very good team, but Pointner wasn't able to capitalize on some competitiors in recent times. I am actually mourning Morgi, I really liked him, and he is responsible for team Poland getting brinze medal in team event at 2013 WC ;) But I'm not really into competitiors meddling in coach changing as its affect all team, not just one or two competitiors. Btw. I heard Schlierenzauer was very into firing Pointner. Was it true? Or Polish media were exagerating?
It's said that there was a lot of jealousy between Morgenstern and Schlierenzauer (Morgenstern confirmed that in his autobiography) and both weren't really satisfied with Pointner because he didn't really favour either of them (Morgenstern wrote that he always favoured the most successful athlete). Morgenstern saw himself as the team leader and the younger Schlierenzauer challenged that position. Kuttin was the base coach in Villach/Carinthia where Morgenstern was stationed. So the rumour is that both meddled against Pointer and that Morgenstern was able to push his favourite coach forward. Schlierenzauer's word probably had more weight than Morgenstern's because Schlierenzauer seems closer to the federation's president Schröcksnadel. Morgenstern had a love relationship with the team physio, that was really weird. Pointner seemed to tolerate that but someone in the federation (I guess Vettori or Schröcksnadel) put the foot down and didn't extend her contract. I think that really made many people question Pointer's leadership qualities. Then Pointer had very unfortunate problems within his family. So there was a point where he was an easy target and not really able to fight for his position.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It's said that there was a lot of jealousy between Morgenstern and Schlierenzauer (Morgenstern confirmed that in his autobiography) and both weren't really satisfied with Pointner because he didn't really favour either of them (Morgenstern wrote that he always favoured the most successful athlete). Morgenstern saw himself as the team leader and the younger Schlierenzauer challenged that position. Kuttin was the base coach in Villach/Carinthia where Morgenstern was stationed. So the rumour is that both meddled against Pointer and that Morgenstern was able to push his favourite coach forward. Schlierenzauer's word probably had more weight than Morgenstern's because Schlierenzauer seems closer to the federation's president Schröcksnadel. Morgenstern had a love relationship with the team physio, that was really weird. Pointner seemed to tolerate that but someone in the federation (I guess Vettori or Schröcksnadel) put the foot down and didn't extend her contract. I think that really made many people question Pointer's leadership qualities. Then Pointer had very unfortunate problems within his family. So there was a point where he was an easy target and not really able to fight for his position.

Wow. So much drama. Thanks for the info, I had no idea about role Morgi has played in that. Now I feel for Pointner a little. Maybe the change was for the better, if Pointner already had familly issues...

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Wow. So much drama. Thanks for the info, I had no idea about role Morgi has played in that. Now I feel for Pointner a little. Maybe the change was for the better, if Pointner already had familly issues...
Yeah, too much drama ... :drama: And it also affected the whole team. There's much reason to feel for Pointner the quick summary is (I wouldn't tell you that if it wasn't common knowledge and the family didn't talk about it openly): his then teenage son had a serious depressions when Pointner was still head coach (started around 2011/12), Pointner struggled with it and became depressed because of it as well. He said before he was replaced that his work, the athletes and his superiors helped him cope with it. He did tell a different story later. Then late in 2014 his daughter tried to kill herself, was found by her mother and lived for about a year in a vigilant coma until she died. This is so sad!

ralucutzagy

Final Flight
It's understandable that he didn't want to tell everybody about what happened with his family and his work suffered because of it... Poor man!

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
It's understandable that he didn't want to tell everybody about what happened with his family and his work suffered because of it... Poor man!
That's not entirely clear. His superiors and the athletes did know. He said that Vettori and his athletes helped him through his and his son's depressions and he seeked help with the knowledge of his superiors. But Pum and Schröcksnadel (vice and head of fed) weren't very helpful and understanding. The public didn't know at that point in time, understandably so. But it is clear that the other coaches gained influence during that time and that he wasn't able to hold this team of superstars together. But I doubt that this would have been possible, that another coach would have been able to do that at that point in time. Schlierenzauer struggled with his equipment, Morgenstern had major problems/changes in his private life and both absorbed Pointner's diminished energy ... at least that's how I see it.

ralucutzagy

Final Flight
That's not entirely clear. His superiors and the athletes did know. He said that Vettori and his athletes helped him through his and his son's depressions and he seeked help with the knowledge of his superiors. But Pum and Schröcksnadel (vice and head of fed) weren't very helpful and understanding. The public didn't know at that point in time, understandably so. But it is clear that the other coaches gained influence during that time and that he wasn't able to hold this team of superstars together. But I doubt that this would have been possible, that another coach would have been able to do that at that point in time. Schlierenzauer struggled with his equipment, Morgenstern had major problems/changes in his private life and both absorbed Pointner's diminished energy ... at least that's how I see it.

Wow, what a drama! Thank you for the insight. Anyway, after his leaving and Morgenstern early retire the team didn't had the same bright. Schlierenzauer is far-far from his best form and Koffler too. It's true they have Kraft now but the others are quite inconsistent. Maybe next season, because it is Olympic season, they will regain their motivation and the team will start resembling with what it was a few years ago. It would be nice.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The drama reached almost Russian level! But what happened to Pointner is really, really sad. Poor man. Hope he's better now. I guess in all strong Federations there are some conflicts, but did not expected to hear that... Once again, thanks for info psusanne.

ralucutzagy

Final Flight
The drama reached almost Russian level! But what happened to Pointner is really, really sad. Poor man. Hope he's better now. I guess in all strong Federations there are some conflicts, but did not expected to hear that... Once again, thanks for info psusanne.

Cool new ava!!! :laugh2: Hanee bedhair!!! So cute! Wish him speed recovery!!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last edited: