Snow White or PIC Skates | Golden Skate

Snow White or PIC Skates

blessedwithacurse

Spectator
I'm thinking about buying inline skates. What's the difference between Snow White and PIC Skates? Which ones do you recommend more?

treesprite

Final Flight
A major consideration is that Snow Whites are only sold as a pre-mounted set with either Risport or Edea boots. Pic Skates plates can be purchased separately and mounted to any figure skate boots.

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
A major consideration is that Snow Whites are only sold as a pre-mounted set with either Risport or Edea boots. Pic Skates plates can be purchased separately and mounted to any figure skate boots.

Here's the info from the US distributor:

http://www.shopsk8gear.com/snow-white-skates

"The Snow White® company uses Edea® and Risport® boots for their inline figure skate factory assembled collection.

The Sk8gear Store can also assemble inline frames to boots from our own Belati® Ice Collection. We can also assemble to Riedell®, SP-Teri® and other brands for custom inline figure skate assemblies. "

<<Emphasis added>>

Last edited:

yesienna

Rinkside
That's weird. Snow White is sold separately at my rink pro shop. (premounted with Edea or Risport too but there's no problem to get it mounted to any other boot)

EDIT: I missed this part
The Sk8gear Store can also assemble inline frames to boots from our own Belati® Ice Collection. We can also assemble to Riedell®, SP-Teri® and other brands for custom inline figure skate assemblies. "

Last edited:

treesprite

Final Flight
I am going by the Snow White website as it was two weeks ago. I could not find any option for buying the plates separately from the boots. Maybe it takes ordering through a private dealer to get them separate from the boots.

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I am going by the Snow White website as it was two weeks ago. I could not find any option for buying the plates separately from the boots. Maybe it takes ordering through a private dealer to get them separate from the boots.

Snow White uses the term frames, not plates. The Snow White website has options for ordering complete outfits (boots + frames) or frames only. Here is the page for ordering frames only (there is a web archive of this page going back to 2006, so it's nothing new that's popped up in the last two weeks; perhaps the page was being updated and unavailable when you looked):

http://www.inlinefigure.com/order%20Snow%20White.htm

Last edited:

Jezabel

Rinkside
There' no ice rink where I live so I've purchased the Picskate frame (with Belati boots) and it was a good decision, feels similar to ice skating.

treesprite

Final Flight
There is actually a Pic Skate club somewhere in my area (greater Wash DC area, includes DC, MD, and N. VA), supposedly headed by Nick Perna. I don't know of anyone from my specific rink who belongs to it, I think they practice more in VA. They do their programs on both the wheels and on the ice, which is really cool.