Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 252 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Nicky_10

Rinkside
Thanks Nicky _10 for sharing your personal experience and the trouble you took on our behalf. I hope your first experience watching a skating show live will be followed by many. :)

I can relate to Yuzuru's story of using the same shampoo as his family in Japan so that he can feel he is at home with them. In my case, I find it comforting to know that at the same time I am attending the 9 am English Mass in Myeongdong Cathedral, my family is also hearing Mass back home in the Philippines which is just an hour behind Korea. It's really hard to be separated from your family specially in Yuzuru 's case as he was only 17 when he moved to Toronto and, as Brian Orser noted, sheltered. Good that he has mother and that support team that mikaboo informed us about.

I also hope, that I will be able to watch many shows from now on, though it will be difficult once I go back to my own country...
I was 16 when I first went to a different country on my own, so I also know a bit of this feeling, the biggest problem I had, that after washing my clothes once, they were smelling wrong... so the second time I'm now away from my family I brought the laundry detergent my family uses :)

Familiar? ;) I think both pics were taken at backstage FAOI 2013, but only today that I get to see this pic, so... ^^

it's the pictures from the pamphlet, and it's written, the pictures are from 2013, Fukuoka show

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I'm sure we fans don't mind at all
maybe it will turn into a habit like his PW pose :biggrin: maybe the others will start imitating this move, too (it sure would be fun to watch)

3) Fans at the back of the rink (cheaper seats) call out to him “Thank you Yuzu!” and he returns with a shout back of “Thank YOU!”
aaaand then they completely freak out :laugh: lmao. gotta love fangirls
thanks for posting.

winterbell

Rinkside
Can someone translate what Dai caption the picture, I´m P&G wasn´t happy with the joke

I might not get you correctly but why P&G was not happy?

Dai's caption ( please feel free to correct me if i misunderstand or mistranslate anything)

Represent the talk scene again! Just simply faithfully converted from the real one. LOL.
This is our ACE :biggrin:
Great, right? :)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
thank you winterbell.
That translation probably makes more sense than what I got from google: "Talk reproduction again!"
My stupid little convoluted mind didn't translate 'reproduction' as meaning 'representation or recreation' but more, um... like the word would be used in a biology textbook :biggrin: that + the assumption that P&G wasn't happy about the joke... well, you fill in the blank :laugh: (sometimes language barriers are fun)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I might not get you correctly but why P&G was not happy?

Dai's caption ( please feel free to correct me if i misunderstand or mistranslate anything)

In the google translater it said that the "choreography was changed", so working in mkt I could inderstand if P&G didn´t like Yuzuru and Daisuke´s joke, even when it was great for the fans. A big family company like P&G would like their two embassadors to be as clean and serious as they could (see Charlie White).

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
The news is about the money raised to hold Yuzu's parade in April. There was a surplus 7415000 yen (over $70000) including t-shirt sales. It was decided that the money will be used for figure skaters in Miyagi prefecture, Yuzu's home pref.

Thank you

winterbell

Rinkside
In the google translater it said that the "choreography was changed", so working in mkt I could inderstand if P&G didn´t like Yuzuru and Daisuke´s joke, even when it was great for the fans. A big family company like P&G would like their two embassadors to be as clean and serious as they could (see Charlie White).

OK I see. But that should totally be fine to be taken as a joke. "It was great for (most of) the fans" equals to "it was great for the P&G customers".

What moved me most, is Dai chan's statement: "This is our ace". "うちのエース" has a strong hint of "I am pround of him". It was true that (I might again touch some unpleasant topic and I apologize in advance) some of Dai's royal fans still behave unfriendly to Yuzu today even in FaOI because of the so-called "ACE" title despite that Yuzu said publicly he doesn't want nor like the ace thing. Dai's endorsement of Yuzu as "our ace" is a very warm support to Yuzu. That's Team Japan. And that is Takahashi Daisuke, the real hero on the ice. I might have thought too much and over-interpreted the context. Please ignore me if you do think so :slink:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
OK I see. But that should totally be fine to be taken as a joke. "It was great for (most of) the fans" equals to "it was great for the P&G customers".

What moved me most, is Dai chan's statement: "This is our ace". "うちのエース" has a strong hint of "I am pround of him". It was true that (I might again touch some unpleasant topic and I apologize in advance) some of Dai's royal fans still behave unfriendly to Yuzu today even in FaOI because of the so-called "ACE" title despite that Yuzu said publicly he doesn't want nor like the ace thing. Dai's endorsement of Yuzu as "our ace" is a very warm support to Yuzu. That's Team Japan. And that is Takahashi Daisuke, the real hero on the ice. I might have thought too much and over-interpreted the context. Please ignore me if you do think so :slink:
Thank you for the explaining. I think that what is so special about team Japanis how supporting they are of each other, and that they really care about all of the members. And all the problems and fights are between over invested fans.

Yuzuru doesn´t need a "ace" title, is only something to weight over his shoulders.

winterbell

Rinkside
Thank you for the explaining. I think that what is so special about team Japanis how supporting they are of each other, and that they really care about all of the members. And all the problems and fights are between over invested fans.

Yuzuru doesn´t need a "ace" title, is only something to weight over his shoulders.

I actually just want to express my feeling since I read that ins several hours ago. Not trying to explain anything.
And I read your gals' discussion in Dai's thread and definitely see another pink color interpretation there LOL