Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Poice

Final Flight
For sure he have now alot more stamina : ) I think his FS in terms of it's construction is currently the best in the world under COP with his jumps execution skills. Personally I really like this program, good music cuts with good jumps locations. For me really enjoyable. I think they will stay with that next season ( to allow Yuzu master it like he did with his SP ) making some adjustments to overall dynamic and maybe music change.

Oh no! I like his FS but I think it's time to move on and try something new. Please no more Yuzu as Romeo! (or Juliet or some kind of hybrid of them :D) It would be great to see him with some "wow" music - for example Carmina Burana (O Fortuna). In next season lyrics are going to be allowed so...I would like something with epic choir part!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh no! I like his FS but I think it's time to move on and try something new. Please no more Yuzu as Romeo! (or Juliet or some kind of hybrid of them :D) It would be great to see him with some "wow" music - for example Carmina Burana (O Fortuna). In next season lyrics are going to be allowed so...I would like something with epic choir part!
There are times I questioned myself "am I watching Juliet instead of Romeo, or some narcissist Romeo/Juliet" during his Romeo and Juliet No2. (I do think his Romeo and Juliet No1 is a masterpiece, though). Seriously, David Wilson and Brian Orser should choose something that really suits the kid's mentality and raw energy, like his SP.
Having said that, I expect more and more from this kid because he is so talented.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
It would be great to see him with some "wow" music - for example Carmina Burana (O Fortuna). In next season lyrics are going to be allowed so...I would like something with epic choir part!

Oh yes ! That would be amazing. :love: :love: :love:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Thanks for the article maria ^^.

Thanks for the article:)

"Orser treads a fine line with Hanyu: the passion is more controlled, but Orser doesn’t want Hanyu to lose it, either."
This is exactly what I think about Yuzu's skating right now. The passion is still there. He gained a lot with Orser as coach.

Welcome :). I think it it is the passion that we all so love about Yuzuru's skating. Pressure and apparently fatigue as well tamped it down in his LP at the Olympics, but hopefully he will be able to fully bring it at the upcoming World Championships and before his home audience gain the "redemption" that the high standards he set for himself demand.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Someone sent me a link about the kid's condition. I was kind of sock. I know he has asthma but never thought it was that bad. No wonder he skated badly last season. You guys can read the translated article here: https://24.media.tumblr.com/d21652b2402ae54c9d48c8c1b2b219bc/tumblr_n2j1wuTIWR1qdndrvo3_1280.jpg

And original article is here, I am not sure because I don't know Japanese. http://nuinui358.dreamlog.jp/archives/36395960.html

Wow, I also never believed it's so bad. I saw that he was breathing heavily after his FS last season, but this year I think he was better (even though the program seemed to be more challenging). Poor kid. I hope he's ok and he doesn't push his limits too far. The most important thing for him is to be healthy. :yes:

Vanilla Smile

Rinkside
Actually the only missing program is R&J n°1 . Will it be the next world EX ? :)

That would be wonderful!! I really think R&J n°1 is his absolutely best program, a masterpiece, superb. :love:

Someone sent me a link about the kid's condition. I was kind of sock. I know he has asthma but never thought it was that bad. No wonder he skated badly last season. You guys can read the translated article here: https://24.media.tumblr.com/d21652b2402ae54c9d48c8c1b2b219bc/tumblr_n2j1wuTIWR1qdndrvo3_1280.jpg

And original article is here, I am not sure because I don't know Japanese. http://nuinui358.dreamlog.jp/archives/36395960.html

Thank you for the article! Poor Yuzu, he's like Beethoven, a double fighter in his field...

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I I am just wondering will Yuzu try defeat this quad sal at coming worlds again ? Or maybe he will go for 4T3T ? I am just wondering : )
I know and understand that he is pushing limits (and I very,very like that), but maybe this one time he should drop it for 4T3T , regroup and master it fully like 4T for next season :) everytime he falls on 4s I am getting very stressed :biggrin:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I I am just wondering will Yuzu try defeat this quad sal at coming worlds again ? Or maybe he will go for 4T3T ? I am just wondering : )
I know and understand that he is pushing limits (and I very,very like that), but maybe this one time he should drop it for 4T3T , regroup and master it fully like 4T for next season :) everytime he falls on 4s I am getting very stressed :biggrin:

I don't think he will change it, I think that he really wants to land it no matter what.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
He's a fighter, a perfectionist and now an olympic champion. I'm sure he'll go for the 4S. Maybe this time it's going to be ok, it's painful to see him falling.

jace93

On the Ice
also differently to his 4t or his other jumps the problem with the quad sal is a purely mental one... he rotate it perfectly, but he isn't able to land it in competition, while in practice by now he lands it 70%-80% of time at least by judjing the practice video...

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
also differently to his 4t or his other jumps the problem with the quad sal is a purely mental one... he rotate it perfectly, but he isn't able to land it in competition, while in practice by now he lands it 70%-80% of time at least by judjing the practice video...

Exactly, a mental block, he needs to overcome it and I hope he does it soon

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
It must be difficult for him right now because he wants to prove that he can do much better than at Sochi FS (but we already know he can). I hope he doesn't put on him too much pressure and I hope he'll enjoy being at home, in front of his fans.:biggrin:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
It must be difficult for him right now because he wants to prove that he can do much better than at Sochi FS (but we already know he can). I hope he doesn't put on him too much pressure and I hope he'll enjoy being at home, in front of his fans.:biggrin:

Enjoy, that is the right word :)

Esopian

Final Flight

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I really hope he tries to control the pressure he feels from winning the OGM and enjoys his time (somehow) rather than trying to prove he can do the 4S. We know already that he's a really talented individual. :)

Rinkside
He's already thinking about new types of quads, no way he'll give up struggling with the 4S. I think he'll try again to land the damn thing. It seems that to him competing with himself is as important as competing with others and getting medals.

Vanilla Smile

Rinkside

Maybe the fact that he is in Japan surrounded by such a fame right now is going to put on him more pressure, in addition to the "after Sochi OGM" pressure. I hope he can handle it...

He's already thinking about new types of quads, no way he'll give up struggling with the 4S. I think he'll try again to land the damn thing. It seems that to him competing with himself is as important as competing with others and getting medals.

I think that competing with himself is more important for him than competing with others, because he's too self-demanding :)