Friday Night Lights | Golden Skate

Friday Night Lights

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I saw "Friday Night Lights" this past Friday night (how appropriate, lol). It was an exhilirating and (for it's genre) quite innovative film with lots of heart. I wasn't expecting anything great, but I was pleasantly surprised. Billy Bob Thornton is so impressive as a high school football coach trying to lead his team to a Texas State Championship. The young men playing the football players are as equally as impressive. There is tension and drama and loads of excitement...I recommend that everyone see this!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks for the review, Bronze. I've heard good things about this flick and hubby and I will probably see it..............42

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Toni...that was Tim McGraw? That is crazy! I didn't even realize it. I thought he looked familiar while I was watching the film, but I couldn't place him. He gave an incredible performance. I won't give away any of the specifics, but I will just say that it was a very convincing and sort of frightening performance.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah he plays the dad... he and Billy Bob are good friends so Billy Bob gave him a copy of the part hinting that he wanted him in teh movie... Tim said he read it and was blown away and didn't think twice about saying yes :)