Gracie Gold training for a comeback? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold training for a comeback?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really hope Gracie doesn't come back if she's not in shape and can barely land double jumps like in 2016-17. I would rather remember her as the powerhouse skater that we though would win Olympic and World medals. Funny how just a little over two years ago Gracie was in her prime with a shot to win a World championship while Kaetlyn had struggled badly that season but Osmond ended up being the one to win all those medals that we all thought Gracie would win.

rosy14

Final Flight
Assuming the “Russian quad revolution” stands the time of puberty, and not evaporate as soon as the children become girls.

noskates

Record Breaker
I don't think any of us want Gracie to come back unless she's healthy in mind, body and especially spirit. Some of us are saying that if she is, and if she wants to come back, we would welcome her gladly.

thegreendestiny

On the Ice
Think about it, Kaetlyn came back from a long injury, had on and off results but because of persistence, hard work, discipline and a bit of luck she won an Olympic medal and a world title. I'm not sure if Gracie has the same qualities but anything is possible if they put their heart and mind to it.

crazydreamer

On the Ice
I'm sure she still feels like she has something to prove, and the way she went out was not on her own terms. I think regardless of how well she does, she will be happier having at least tried her best to come back. And she definitely has the foundational skills to do very well. I would be 100% supportive of her coming back and hope she does.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Think about it, Kaetlyn came back from a long injury, had on and off results but because of persistence, hard work, discipline and a bit of luck she won an Olympic medal and a world title. I'm not sure if Gracie has the same qualities but anything is possible if they put their heart and mind to it.

Kaetlyn's coach also contributed to her comeback. He had to coax her back onto the ice after the injury.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
There are some controversies about her, i don't follow her on social media ( i don't follow famous people in general, bc on social media it always comes out that they are not that great as i thought and i'm sick and tired of the disappointment), but i've read things about it here on GG and that's enough for me. I'm not interested in her coming back

What do you mean by: “They’re not as great as I thought”? :scratch2:

Figure skaters, like any and all famous people, are no less human than you and I and everyone in between. Sure, Gracie has said some things in the past that made me raise an eyebrow, but so have many other skaters. She’s 22 years old with a life outside of the rink - she’s not always going to speak and act like prim and proper royalty, nor should we expect that she has to.

creaturelover

On the Ice
Figure skaters, like any and all famous people, are no less human than you and I and everyone in between. Sure, Gracie has said some things in the past that made me raise an eyebrow, but so have many other skaters. She’s 22 years old with a life outside of the rink - she’s not always going to speak and act like prim and proper royalty, nor should we expect that she has to.
Going off of this - humans make mistakes. Don't judge someone only on their mistakes.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Good for Gracie!! I wish her the bestest of luck on her journey but didn’t she just accept a position in Arizona as a full time coach. Not that I’m judging ...merely curious.

Can GS please reinstate SkyFly_20 to give her an added boost. ;)

:laugh2:

Geeez... that's quite the throwback. :slink:

So happy for Gracie for at least giving it a go. She's still relatively young, and if she finds motivation, who knows. Look at Kostner - still competitive under IJS... even got a short program PB at the age of 31! The US ladies field is also pretty open season right now.

Puchi

On the Ice
I hope she's healthy and motivated enough to come back like a BOSS!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I hope Gracie is able to do whatever she wants to do. Whether it's coaching, performing, or competing, it's her life. I am happy if she is happy.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I'm sure she still feels like she has something to prove, and the way she went out was not on her own terms. I think regardless of how well she does, she will be happier having at least tried her best to come back. And she definitely has the foundational skills to do very well. I would be 100% supportive of her coming back and hope she does.

Yes and no. I am sure she will sell it she is happy she came back but if it ends up bad they will never publicly admit it but they will not be wondering why. life is not full of guarantees other than taxes and death and that Johnny Weir and Adam Rippon will be searching for their next designer bag lol :) Gracie really do what you want but you have nothing to prove. You have shown us such power and beauty on ice.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Gracie has far more star power than Kaetlyn; judges love her so that might help. She is also naturally talented and a great jumper ; what she needs to deal with are the head games.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Gracie has far more star power than Kaetlyn; judges love her so that might help. She is also naturally talented and a great jumper ; what she needs to deal with are the head games.

Far more...whatda??? :scratch2: I would not agree, but KO haters will love you for this. :eek:hwell: I think both in their peak are powerhouses, and the type of skaters I enjoy best, as they combine athleticism and soft skating skills. I would love to see her comeback...Go Gracie!

russianfan

Match Penalty
With the current state of US skating she could easily make it to the Worlds/GP/<insert whatever international competition here> if she would be able to restore her form. She doesn't even have to be superconsistent.

Grin

Medalist
With the current state of US skating she could easily make it to the Worlds/GP/<insert whatever international competition here> if she would be able to restore her form. She doesn't even have to be superconsistent.

I think she needs at least 2-3 consistent triples to make it. Not sure she will make it to the Worlds if Ashley won't retire.

Lightstar

On the Ice
I would love for her to compete again and end her career on a high note and not that sad ending it has now...
but of course she should do what makes her happy!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Kaetlyn is a much better performer than Gracie was. As for star power, that's subjective, but I'd love to see Gracie back as long as she is happy and healthy.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
I think she needs at least 2-3 consistent triples to make it. Not sure she will make it to the Worlds if Ashley won't retire.

2-3? She would need all her triples back and a 3-3 and another 3t combo. US may not be podiuming at worlds but top 10 is expected. We still have Bradie, Mariah, Mirai, Karen and Starr and Ting coming up with a full set of triples. She would not even make top 8/10 at nats with only 2-3 triples.