2018-19 Chinese figure skating | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Chinese figure skating

HoneyBear

On the Ice

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I'm here for the Yi Christy Leung cheer squad. She has really been standing out to me on the Junior circuit, I'd be very happy to see her skate with a big federation behind her and willing to push for her, assuming of course that it's a situation that works for her and she's happy with.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
If Yi Christy Leung wins will she start representing China rather than HK?

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
She has taken part in Chinese nationals before, I thought that she would continue to represent Hong Kong.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
If Yi Christy Leung wins will she start representing China rather than HK?

I don't think so. HK skating feds have their own entry to WC and Olympics. Leung does not need to compete with other skaters to get the chance.
Also Chinese law also limits HK athletes to represent mainland China.

Leung has competed in Chinese nationals in 2015. This year one novice girl also competed in Chines Grand Prix.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
A quick recap of the first day of Chinese Nationals.

Ice Dance RD:
Nothing special, Wang/Liu 1st, Chen/Sun 2nd, Ning/Wang 3rd. All three of these teams will be attending Mentor Torun Cup in Poland next month.

Ladies SP:
Xiangyi An hurt her ankle recently so she did 3T3T 2A 3S today and skated clean. She is in 1st place with 66.92.
Yi Christy Leung did 3Lz3T< 2A 3F and placed 2nd with 65.93
Hongyi Chen did 3T3T< 3Lz(fall) 2A and placed 3rd with 54.62
Beverly Yi Zhu did 3F2T 3Lo 1A and and placed 4th with 54.39. She also has some injury on her right foot.
Several girls are trying to do 3Lz 3F 3Lo jumps now which is a good thing.

Pairs SP:
Yu/Zhang are in test skating and they had a fall on Th3Lo. The other parts are amazing and the costumes are gorgeous. They scored 62.93 but the PCS score is very low which is confusing.
Wang/Wang did sbs 2T and Th3S and they skated clean, 62.79 in 3rd.
Peng/Jin: Peng fell on her 3T this time. This is her first mistake on her 3T in SP this season. 75.07 in 2nd.

Sui/Han: 78.27. Started with BODS and a sbs2T. The entry into the 2T is a little bit too crazy, spread eagle-change foot-2T, not sure they can do 3T this way. The landing of Th3F was a little shaky. Twist and spin are perfect. 4Li totally different with three positions you guys need to see that. BTW the costumes are borrowed so they will have now ones at 4CC.

Men SP:
Boyang jin: 4Lz 4T2T(tano) 3A(step out) 98.01. He practiced 4T3T in OP so he might change his program for the rest of this season.
He Zhang: 3A 3Lz3T 2F 73.46.
No other male skaters can do 3A so there's nothing really special.

bobbob

Medalist
A quick recap of the first day of Chinese Nationals.

Ice Dance RD:
Nothing special, Wang/Liu 1st, Chen/Sun 2nd, Ning/Wang 3rd. All three of these teams will be attending Mentor Torun Cup in Poland next month.

Ladies SP:
Xiangyi An hurt her ankle recently so she did 3T3T 2A 3S today and skated clean. She is in 1st place with 66.92.
Yi Christy Leung did 3Lz3T< 2A 3F and placed 2nd with 65.93
Hongyi Chen did 3T3T< 3Lz(fall) 2A and placed 3rd with 54.62
Beverly Yi Zhu did 3F2T 3Lo 1A and and placed 4th with 54.39. She also has some injury on her right foot.
Several girls are trying to do 3Lz 3F 3Lo jumps now which is a good thing.

Pairs SP:
Yu/Zhang are in test skating and they had a fall on Th3Lo. The other parts are amazing and the costumes are gorgeous. They scored 62.93 but the PCS score is very low which is confusing.
Wang/Wang did sbs 2T and Th3S and they skated clean, 62.79 in 3rd.
Peng/Jin: Peng fell on her 3T this time. This is her first mistake on her 3T in SP this season. 75.07 in 2nd.

Sui/Han: 78.27. Started with BODS and a sbs2T. The entry into the 2T is a little bit too crazy, spread eagle-change foot-2T, not sure they can do 3T this way. The landing of Th3F was a little shaky. Twist and spin are perfect. 4Li totally different with three positions you guys need to see that. BTW the costumes are borrowed so they will have now ones at 4CC.

Men SP:
Boyang jin: 4Lz 4T2T(tano) 3A(step out) 98.01. He practiced 4T3T in OP so he might change his program for the rest of this season.
He Zhang: 3A 3Lz3T 2F 73.46.
No other male skaters can do 3A so there's nothing really special.

Thanks for the summary! Are there protocols anywhere? The point differential between Y/Z and P/J or S/H is truly confusing. I know they have fallen out of the good graces of the Chinese team for unclear reasons but still.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Thanks for the summary! Are there protocols anywhere? The point differential between Y/Z and P/J or S/H is truly confusing. I know they have fallen out of the good graces of the Chinese team for unclear reasons but still.

They seemed to be uncomfortable witht their programs so the pcs could have been lower then usual bcz of it, but it’s still very confusing that they’ve only recieved 62 points. They earned 69 when they fell even at an international competition last year. The program was amazing tho.

GarthAqua

On the Ice

Sure fans are not happy with the PCS. The programs are indeed a little bit rough but defiantly worth more.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Sure fans are not happy with the PCS. The programs are indeed a little bit rough but defiantly worth more.

What’s confusing me is also tes, they definitely deserved more goe. This nationals was very generous except for Y/Z.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I don't think so. HK skating feds have their own entry to WC and Olympics. Leung does not need to compete with other skaters to get the chance.
Also Chinese law also limits HK athletes to represent mainland China.

Leung has competed in Chinese nationals in 2015. This year one novice girl also competed in Chines Grand Prix.

Ah so I guess she competes here as a guest and just to get experience?

Bord

Rinkside
who choreographed sui/han SP program? - it is so unique. positions are so unique, transitions are interesting. loved it.

Nika09

On the Ice
I've just watched Sui/Han SP and already like it so much!! Seems Lori was in good condition this season and so far it worked out for both S/H and P/J (there's still LP though..). I didn't mind costumes either, but it seems those are temporary anyway.

who choreographed sui/han SP program? - it is so unique. positions are so unique, transitions are interesting. loved it.

It's Lori Nichol. All their programs since 2015-2016 season was choreographed by Lori.

zeddy

Spectator
S/H’s new LP OP is here.
crazy predictly spread eagle-change foot-3T-2T-2LO(I guess they will not use so difficult steps in the competition.)
crazy new perfect Cosp with more ice dance elements.
crazy new 5ALi.
crazy predictly 2-nd half 3S-SBS.
crazy difficult Chsq with crazy music.
crazy DS's entry which is just after the 3sth and SUI does not change her foot
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av39377035?from=search&seid=9754193468650173955

What's more, they have done several 3T with spread eagle-change foot in practice and several perfect 3S with very relaxed out.

sx98423

On the Ice
S/H’s new LP OP is here.
crazy predictly spread eagle-change foot-3T-2T-2LO(I guess they will not use so difficult steps in the competition.)
crazy new perfect Cosp with more ice dance elements.
crazy new 5ALi.
crazy predictly 2-nd half 3S-SBS.
crazy difficult Chsq with crazy music.
crazy DS's entry which is just after the 3sth and SUI does not change her foot
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av39377035?from=search&seid=9754193468650173955

What's more, they have done several 3T with spread eagle-change foot in practice and several perfect 3S with very relaxed out.

i can't watch the video right now. but if all these were done clean then :yahoo: i was kinda concerned about sui since it seems like she's been injured for years now but hopefully this means she's well rested

Eclair

Medalist
i can't watch the video right now. but if all these were done clean then :yahoo: i was kinda concerned about sui since it seems like she's been injured for years now but hopefully this means she's well rested

this youtube channel has all the pair's SP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk5t8OAVUNo&feature=youtu.be

I'm in love with Yu/Zhang's SP. Best program they ever had. I can't wait to see it at 4cc! This program definetly deserves to be seen internationally.

Am rooting for Peng/Jin to win that national title today!

QuadThrow

Medalist
this youtube channel has all the pair's SP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk5t8OAVUNo&feature=youtu.be

I'm in love with Yu/Zhang's SP. Best program they ever had. I can't wait to see it at 4cc! This program definetly deserves to be seen internationally.

Am rooting for Peng/Jin to win that national title today!
I do not understand the score for yu/Zhang. It was so low. Their program is so Aljona-like. Aljona was in Beijing in November and she helped them. You can clearly see it at the entry of the twist. This is a massot move.

Sui/Han will be at worlds and we will have a competitons on or hands with J/C and T/M. This will be something! At the end it all depends on Sui's SBS.