Anne Line Gjersem has retired | Golden Skate

Anne Line Gjersem has retired

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Anne Line announced her retirement from competitive skating on her Facebook page yesterday. She may not have been the strongest technical skater but I always found her style to be very pleasing to watch. She has said that she will continue to skate for fun, just no longer competitively. I wish her all the best for her future x

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Best of luck to Anne. Skate for fun is the way to do it! What about her twin?

I remember seeing her live a few times, always find her exotic, pleasant and interesting. (The fact there is a style already is a rare thing). Although wasn't sure if it is her sister haha... very confusing.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
So sorry to read she retires. She may have never reached the top ranks, but her performances always had something special and memorable about them. Thank you Anne Line, have fun and good luck. :clap:

Country
Norway
I read this yesterday, but I wasn´t very surprised because the last few weeks after the WC she hasn´t posted a single training story on IG or something. Which she usually does. I found it very odd, figuring she either was taking a break or would retire. Or maybe she took a break to think, but didnt´t find the motivation to continue.

Very sad, as I really enjoy her skating, so elegant. But I can understand that. The twins has open told how challenging it is to get enough sponsor in Norway and that is financial challenging. Their father, Petter, was a very important sponsor, but sadly passed away in 2016. Not sure if it is the reason though, i´m guessing lack of motivation too, but I think it could have something to say. As a part-time student I guess it is not easy to develop much further.

I really hope Camilla will continue, so that we can still enjoy one twin! As far I know, she will, she has been posting training videos on IG off-season and had a IG-post today that she is so happy because she has been a little sick and coulnd´t train the last weeks, but that she is fit for fight. I think this is really important also so that Norway will be represented least in the European championship the next season, i´m really not sure who will skate for Norway in the future otherwise.

So happy to have followed Anne Lines journey the last years. She is the reason that I have discovered the magic world of figure skating, as the sport isn´t very popular in Norway. I really enjoyed the programs the last/this season, so full of emotions. I think the programs was a tribute to their father.

lady_bee

Medalist
I will miss Anne Line.
She's been one of skaters I always looking forward to see at world and European every year.
I am happy to hear she will continue to skate for fun.
Best luck for Anne Line, :thank:

Jana

On the Ice
Anne Line is also engaged, that's might be another reason for retirement.