Inaugural Peggy Fleming Trophy, Fri Jun 22 | Golden Skate

Inaugural Peggy Fleming Trophy, Fri Jun 22

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Peggy Fleming Trophy START ORDER with individual start times for each skater:

Thanks to IFS Magazine :bow: for posting.

28 ladies and men divided into five warm-up groups.

Among others: Emily Chan, Jordan Moeller, Torgashev … and as previously mentioned, Pulkinen and Dolensky.

Interesting that at least a couple of female pair skaters are competing as individuals: Nica Digerness and Meiryla Findley.

From the Facebook post:

… IFS intern Brooklee Han will be reporting from Colorado Springs this weekend. As a non-U.S. skater, Brooklee is not eligible to compete in this competition but she will be performing the program she prepared for this event on Saturday morning. ...

So we finally have confirmation that non-U.S. skaters are not eligible for PFT.

But … great that Brooklee once again will be putting on her journalist hat :bow: and will be reporting.

The PFT thread in The Edge has bkgd information/discussion regarding this comp:

The OP above in this thread is cross-posted from over there.

When/Where: Friday, June 22 at 5:45 PM - 9:00 PM MDT at Broadmoor World Arena.

Open to public free of charge.

Access to live streaming requires paying for a Broadmoor Open streaming pass: proeventphoto.com/livestreams/

Tavi...

Record Breaker
So I got here late. Lauren Russell is a beautiful skater - only doubles but lovely. Her carriage is gorgeous. One of Kori’s kids.

83.22 into 3d.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Next group has Ben Jalovick and Courtney Hicks and two more. Warm up. Ben looks great - beautiful spread eagle. And nice flow. Courtney looks pretty, reminding me of Gabby D.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Jamie Hathaway - Dallas: lovely Ina b. Oh she fell too bad.

There are 19 people on the judging / tech panel, or at least at the desks. . Wow.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Ben: I loved him! His movement is beautiful, great ice coverage. More than that he really drew me in to the story. Only doubles so not a super high scoring program.

A 91.38 into second!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Courtney is doing great! Well, until the fall on the st sq. :( I think she did the first triple of competition. Kori seems to be good for her!

93.56 into second!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ben: I loved him! His movement is beautiful, great ice coverage. More than that he really drew me in to the story. Only doubles so not a super high scoring program.

A 91.38 into second!

Thanks for all of your play-by-play, Tavi. :thank:

I did not pay for streaming, so am going only by the language on the PFT webpages, but I thought as long as a required element was performed, its base value would be of a "fixed value." So that for PFT, doubles are not supposed to be worth less in base value than triples??

But again, I am not watching, so am not sure??

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I think so. Traffic was awful so I came in at end of her skate. I think her score and Courtney ‘s are very close.

In case anyone ever wondered, the scene in the kiss and cry is a back drop / curtain. Very disappointing!

just wondering

On the Ice

A 91.38 into second!

I believe triples do not count more simply because of the presence of an extra rotation. Jumps are valued on execution, double or triple.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Morgan Sewall did very well and looks so pretty. 92.78 into 3D. As did Ivy Liu (?) - she seems quite young though.

Now Jordan!

Aww Jordan - lovely! He and Ben both have lovely form and flow over ice. The music was lovely but I wish the choreo suited it better. 97.5 - into first!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Tim D waiting in wings. I also see Christy Krall. And Kori’s older daughter Athena is here. A woman who looks like Johnny Weir!

I enjoyed Nakira - too bad about falls. I thought she handled the first one great! 61.82, 12th.

Now Maxine - a Chicago girl! I guess she’s not with Alex O anymore? Really nice st sq. Solid jumps. Why are ladies doing such short spirals - hold them! Music is a bit grating. I wonder if <? Scores taking forever. 80.36 - 9th.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Haley Conrad - too bad about falls. She’s really pretty, lovely costume, nice commitment. She has potential. 59.34 -14th.

- - - Updated - - -

Resurface.

Btw, I have not seen Josh.

cohen-esque

Final Flight
Out of curiosity, what are the element and component score breakdowns looking like? I can’t find information on weighting/factors.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Tim looks great in warmup - if he follows through we could have new leader.

Sorry I know nothing about the scoring. Announcement probably describes.

Sorry guys I’ll be less consistent posting now - a friend arrived. Interesting scoring - Daniil was really a pleasure to watch - lovely movement and flow. I can only think he got << or something.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Tim D waiting in wings. I also see Christy Krall. And Kori’s older daughter Athena is here. A woman who looks like Johnny Weir!

I enjoyed Nakira - too bad about falls. I thought she handled the first one great! 61.82, 12th.

Now Maxine - a Chicago girl! I guess she’s not with Alex O anymore? Really nice st sq. Solid jumps. Why are ladies doing such short spirals - hold them! Music is a bit grating. I wonder if <? Scores taking forever. 80.36 - 9th.

Is this her?

https://www.instagram.com/annaboogiebotunga/?hl=en

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Josh is here!! I just caught a tiny glimpse!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of good skating. I agree with the medals. More details later.