Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 47 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Well I'm on the golden season train of Farnaz so hoping to see Yuzuru win his first Skate Canada (and obviate one objection to his being the GOAT, just kidding, pun intended :biggrin:).

Speaking of Canadians, I was happy (to use a favorite word of Yuzuru) when I first learned years ago that he is appreciated by Canadian skating legend Elvis Stojko, who sees a kindred warrior spirit in him though they couldn't be more different in styles. Elvis skated to silver in Nagano despite a groin injury and flu. So it was high praise indeed for another Canadian, coach Doug Haw, to comment after Pyeongchang that Yuzuru (calling him "this Hanyu boy") is "even stronger than Elvis."

Hoping to see that strength and warrior spirit in full force in Kelowna. Go Yuzuru!:hap10:

kiches

Final Flight
Out of curiosity I checked flights from Toronto to Kelowna and looks like there’s only one direct flight at 8:15 AM landing in Kelowna at 9:51 AM. Unless Yuzu has already arrived I’m guessing there’ll be news of his landing in roughly 8 hours unless he took a connecting flight - and all connecting flights seem to land next day so that seems unlikely unless he left yesterday.

Nachi

On the Ice
But it doesn't seem like they will stream the preactice this time. I think I'll also won't be able to watch the competition live because it's way too late for me :(. I did that for Olys but I don't know if I can do it again xD.

tafattsbarn

Rinkside
According to another fan on planethanyu, Yuzu and gang (brian, tracy, ghislain and various skaters) are on their way. He apparently boarded the same flight as said fan some 60 minutes ago.

I hope they all have a safe flight c:

kiches

Final Flight
According to another fan on planethanyu, Yuzu and gang (brian, tracy, ghislain and various skaters) are on their way. He apparently boarded the same flight as said fan some 60 minutes ago.

I hope they all have a safe flight c:

Sounds like that 8:15 AM direct flight I saw on my google search, so the Cricket group should arrive around 10 AM Pacific time, hope they all have and comfortable safe flight.

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
I said to my therapist that I am only watching figure skating because of Yuzuru Hanyu and show her his photo. Then she said “he looks so young outside the ice and has a fierce look when he’s on ice”. And I said that what I like about him after all. But seriously (and I’ve said it over and over again) there are two different person inside him.