2002/03 Strategy - Sasha Cohen | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2002/03 Strategy - Sasha Cohen

P

Princess Leppard 625

Re: 2002/03 Strategy - Sasha Cohen

OFF TOPIC TO DORIS :p

Yeah, it's mostly pink with purple leopard spots. It was freezing down there, wasn't it? I kept the coat on the whole time. :( (I wasn't sad, this emoticon is the only one who looked cold...)

If I'd known you were so close, I would've said hi. :)

Laura

G

Grgranny

I was wondering why you were wearing a coat. Most of the ice rink shows I have seen have been so hot. It's a wonder the ice doesn't completely melt.

J

Joesitz

Doris and Leopard. I may have been just above you in the next tier. I was overlooking the Media boxes and the kiss and cry area. We do need some identity at these live events!

Granny - Sometimes I've been to skating events and it is chilly. I guess it depends on where you sit. But the night S&Z skated the place was steaming.

Joe

G

Grgranny

I won't even pay for seats if they aren't in the first 10 rows or so.

D

DORISPULASKI

Well we were in row 18 or 19, and it was still great! But higher up than that, I don't know. And what with the powers that be taking 4000 seats in the lower bowl, and then the tours getting such a big number of them, I feel grateful that we did as well as we did. If you need the wheelchair seats, you can't get down to the 10th row-you have to be able to negotiate the stairs.

Joe, I wouldn't be surprised because that's where I was, looking down into the K&C and the media. And I wonder if that's one of the reasons why both of us thought Tim edged out Plush in the LP. We had the same physical point of view on the competition. Plush's presentation was aimed at the judges, completely away from us, so his technical problems were more starkly obvious, and the presentation differences muted. The TV had the same point of view as the judges, because most of the cameras were set up dead behind the judges. I understand that Elvis commented on the very judgecentric presentation Plush did, and when I got home, and managed to get a copy of the TV coverage, the Tim/Plush difference was not as clear, except when I looked for the problems that I already knew were there.

By the way, did you notice that Dick and Peggy don't watch the competition live on the live broadcast events; they just watch the monitors? I was surprised!!

dpp

J

Joesitz

Doris - I did notice Terry, Peggy and Dick (Sounds like something out of Kiss Me Kate) come in one afternoon during the Compulsory Dance and apparently were video'd as they were talking. I imagine that was their Intro for the TV Showing later in the week. They didn't stay long. I guess it is part of the 'production'.

By the way, none of us mentioned that huge cubical TV screening hanging way up there in the middle of the arena. For the most part it showed some close-ups of the jumps but far tool many spills of the skaters. l Thought some of it was in bad taste.

Joe

C

CuteGreekGoddess

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:x-small;"><strong>
I think all Sasha needs is consistency
and she is set she has "it"
great presentation, musicality, extensions,
all she needs is consistency and she is set
she already has a 3/3 </strong></span>

D

DORISPULASKI

Joe, They call the big TV screen the 'Jumbotron'.
Some of it was bad taste...but some of it was interesting!!!
There is the Jumbotron dishing the dirt and there are the judges ignoring it.