2016 Lombardia Trophy First information | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Lombardia Trophy First information

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So based on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuoFRihJXw0

There is a "trophy" given out at Lombardia.

For those unaware, or those who just don't have a reason to care, the winning team of the Superbowl (ultimate yearly prize for American Football) gets the "Lombardi Trophy".

This years winner/holder of the Lombardi Trophy is currently the Denver Broncos...aka the team from Colorado.

I can't help but think that if Max, Jason and/or Mirai get any Lombardia Trophy... they should get to go visit the Broncos and get a picture of the Lombardia Trophy next to the Lombardi Trophy. Given that they train in Colorado, it is only fair and appropriate.

Also... i find it amusing that this site's spell checker knows Lombardi, but not Lombardia... in fact it tries to correct Lombardia to Lombardi.

And yes... I have seen some football tweets using the Lombardia hashtag.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... This years winner/holder of the Lombardi Trophy is currently the Denver Broncos...aka the team from Colorado.

I can't help but think that if Max, Jason and/or Mirai get any Lombardia Trophy... they should get to go visit the Broncos and get a picture of the Lombardia Trophy next to the Lombardi Trophy. Given that they train in Colorado, it is only fair and appropriate. ...

So happens that Max and Mirai already have held the Vince Lombardi Trophy :cool: in Colorado.
As have :sad4: Maddie Aaron and Max Settlage.
Here is a photo of Max Aaron with the Lombardi Trophy in April 2016:
The jersey that Max is wearing is in honor of (IIRC) the Denver Broncos player who was the Super Bowl MVP. (Or something like that. At the time, I had looked up the player's number and posted about it in Max's fan thread. Yes, I am a geek. ;))
A photo of Maddie with the Lombardi Trophy:
Don't have the Mirai and Max S photos with the trophy at my fingertips, but I think I had posted them in Max A's fan thread as well.

The photos are from the 2016 edition of Showtime on Ice -- the show that you went to in 2015, Stitch.
The family who owns the Denver Broncos are big patrons of the show.
The 2016 show apparently had a section devoted to the Broncos that included the Lombardi Trophy.
The 2016 guest skaters for the show were Max A, Mirai, and Maddie and Max S.