2023 Lake Placid Ice Dance International | Jul 31 - Aug 2 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2023 Lake Placid Ice Dance International | Jul 31 - Aug 2

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Amy Cui & Kenny Eckert placed 2nd in Junior Combined Dance domestic event. But I don't see either of their programs posted on Twitter, despite the third place team, Ilin/ Cain being posted. Does anyone know where there might be a video clip of Cui/ Eckert's performances available?

The August 7, 2023 episode of This Week in Skating is up. They discuss the music, costumes, and performances at Lake Placid.

I had noticed that Wolfkostin/ Chen changed one of their music selections for the RD. They dropped, The Promise, by When in Rome, for Love Is A Battlefield, Pat Benatar, a more generic selection. Daphne Backman of TWIS was at Dallas Classic and Lake Placid, so she got to see W/T at both events (unlike fans who won't get to see Dallas Classic because of no stream nor posted videos). Backman said, on the latest TWIS podcast, that she liked the When In Rome music choice, because it's unexpected and different. Backman doesn't understand why W/T's team changed from their initial selection.

On this TWIS episode, the hosts also discuus costumes. And the 80s music.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For whoever was looking for Sophia Glover & Billy Wilson-French CAN...

wow lots of energy, musicality and charm from this enjoyable couple. The RD to Blondie was more what I was expecting from Smart/Dieck. I think I like this version better - sorry Olivia & Tim.

Last edited:

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
For whoever was looking for Sophia Glover & Billy Wilson-French CAN...

I haven't seen this couple before. Now I can't decide if she actually is a smidge too tall for him, or if it's just that she needs to bend those stiff knees and relax her spine more. Competition nerves, probably :console:

I once asked my partner's small daughter what music she'd like to see her daddy and me skate to, and she immediately said, "Beauty and the Beast!". The rest of us started to laugh; my partner didn't find it quite so funny :laugh::frown: .