2023 Nebelhorn Trophy Women's Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023 Nebelhorn Trophy Women's Short Program

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I just saw all these lovely dresses but... Omg skaters must wash or change also boot laces... Kimmy Repond had a lovely dress and when look at her boot laces my opinion fall below zero... Disgusting. I saw the picture in Absolute skating instagrami post.
I noticed that also. Shoelaces can be easily washed with bar soap by hand and dry quickly. 100 years ago LOL when I was a waitress at a Marriott resort, I used to wash my shoe laces to my hideous white waitress shoes frequently. God forbid one of the actual Marriotts were there on the property and noticed if one’s uniform/shoes were dirty!

icewhite

Record Breaker
Isabeau needs to change that program...
Also not a fan of Kimmy's generic armography although the dress is lovely.
Not sure about Minchae's program but at least it's a bit different, so I guess I like it.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I like Isabeau’s SP very much; skating is wonderful so early in the season. The arm moves don’t bother me at all; she stretches her boundaries with different and unique programs even tho Maddie & Evan used this music .. the dress is OK but a bit obvious; I like the simple style but the color is drab and does nothing for her. Perhaps a more subtle pleasing color palette, a beautiful dark teal blue maybe? Looking forward to the FS .. she returns to lyricism which she does so well. Big shoes to fill since White Crow has been done so beautifully before.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Isabeau needs to change that program...
Also not a fan of Kimmy's generic armography although the dress is lovely.
Not sure about Minchae's program but at least it's a bit different, so I guess I like it.
Isabeau needs to burn that dress, now I've seen it it may be the ugliest (without being funny to offset it) thing I've seen on ice for ages. I mean, she usually dresses well, what happened???

DLong

Rinkside
I just watched Isabeau's program and I love, love, love it!!! WOW!! She really does a wonderful job with the choreography and listening to the music. This is really great. I also like her costume as well. From some of the remarks I was afraid to see it, but I think it goes with the music and I really like it. Anyway she definitely deserved a higher mark. I love how she tries different types of programs. This is only going to get better and better. I love it and I would hope that she wouldn't change it!!

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I’m no expert when it comes to deciphering the detailed scores, but it appears her second spin was only Level 3 and she lost some GOE there. The GOE awarded for that spin ranged from -2 all the way to +3.

Last edited:

beepboop

On the Ice
I always love Nebelhorn. Just caught up with the top 3. What is up with all the sliding? My reactions, in no particular order:

Kimmy - I feel like she's really grown in maturity and quality of movement in the off season! Really like this program for her. Gorgeous dress too. Shame about the fall but she recovered well after the initial shock.
Isabeau - Beautiful interpretation and charming performance as always. And she's faster! I think it's a little out of her comfort zone so I'm excited to see how this develops, although I don't love the choreo or the dress. Is it just me or is the bend into her triples looking worse? Maybe I just forgot in the off season. Her proud nod at the end was adorable.
Minchae - That 3T-3T cured my depression. Just lovely, huge, airy jumps. And what a fun program--also really excited to see this one develop as she settles into the program more.

Bonus: YouTube recommended so I happily rewatched Alysa Liu's programs from last year's Nebelhorn. Miss her and that layback so much. Their pure baby love of skating is so clear on the ice and makes me so happy. I hope she's still skating for herself (and thriving!) in retirement.

icewhite

Record Breaker
I am surprised so many people liked Isabeau's program. Is it just because you like her and her qualities, or do you honestly think that's a good program in terms of choreo? I dislike the dress but not as much as the whole... well choreo and idea. It's very stereotype orientalism in my eyes, just not tasteful, and I think she deserves better.

Sackie

Medalist
I hope Sara-Maude gets her minimums somewhere this season, it would be a crying shame for her not to be eligible for Worlds, especially since it’s in Montreal.
Maybe once she adds a 3/3 combo she will get it. But just doing a 3/2 is not helping at this point.

midori green

On the Ice
I found Isabeau's program on YouTube. Program and costume aside, she seemed to be forcing the flexibility in her spins, which is something I don't recall seeing in the past. Has she had a growth spurt recently where her muscle length hasn't caught up yet?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am surprised so many people liked Isabeau's program. Is it just because you like her and her qualities, or do you honestly think that's a good program in terms of choreo? I dislike the dress but not as much as the whole... well choreo and idea. It's very stereotype orientalism in my eyes, just not tasteful, and I think she deserves better.
I've only just seen it, so my take is pretty hot off the presses...

I'm not over the moon about it... it's derivative of Madison Chock and it hasn't been polished up yet... but overall, I think it's a win.

It's not just another lovely program skated to lovely music by a lovely skater wearing a lovely dress with lovely hair and makeup.

How many programs have we already seen like that this year? Tons. And they are BORING.

So, kudos to Isabeau for breaking out of her lovely box. Frankly, I'm a little surprised, because I didn't imagine her changing up the lovely formula.

icewhite

Record Breaker
I want Isabeau to skate to Carly Rae Jepsen, I really like you. I think it could start with Liebestraum. That's my vision. :yahoo::love: