2024 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships: General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships: General Info

watabri

Spectator
Does anyone know if the all event ticket holders can go to the official practice?

I heard that they couldn't during the GPF in Beijing. Is it the same?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am so happy this event is in China. This will mark the official return of Chinese skating to ISU championships in full force. May we get 3 entries from China in all disciplines !
I appreciate you are happy about it being in China but maybe this wasn't the best choice in light of the Grand Prix Final also being there and I am not sure China is in full force. Their pairs program is no longer as strong as it once was. Their ladies isn't all that impressive and the men well they are kind of in a bit of a lull or relying on the old guard.

Wilwarin

On the Ice
4CC will be held only a week before Chinese New Year. There will be lots of domistic travellers (but this is better than right on week of the New Year)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Things to consider before traveling to China.
I have had this strain of pneumonia - it is the one that made me the sickest.
I have had Mycoplasma pneumoniae at least once. It comes on slowly, more slowly than a cold...and you can cough for two months. Sometimes, a Z pack will kill it....sometimes a cipro class antibiotic is needed, which you have to be very careful with as it destroys connective tissue. The organism is interesting as it isnt quite a bacteria but can be killed. Thankfully. I found out I had it cause zinc lozenges usually shorten my colds....but this thing,,,well, it had no effect and I was sick for two weeks and coughed and coughed. Went to my doc for a diagnosis.
When it comes to the US, read up on it and be aware of the difference in symptoms between a viral cold and Mycoplasma pneumoniae .

Blue-Kat

Rinkside
Does anyone know if the all event ticket holders can go to the official practice?

I heard that they couldn't during the GPF in Beijing. Is it the same?
I'm wondering about this too, does anyone know about this?

As the cheapest category of all-event tickets is sold out, I'm looking at getting all-day tickets for each individual day instead - especially if it wouldn't make a difference in terms of being able or not able to watch official practices.

Last edited:

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Wow, this will be a quick turnaround, for those like Amber.
The exhibition ends around 11pm on Sunday. The best flight through Dallas leaves Columbus around 5am on Monday. This gets her to Shanghai approximately 4pm Tuesday. The women's short starts about 10:30am Thursday.
Sigh, it's great to be young!

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
The us women didn't inspire confidence in getting a medal. I am not sure they didn't skate well due to saving for 4cc or their normal skating ability.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
The us women didn't inspire confidence in getting a medal. I am not sure they didn't skate well due to saving for 4cc or their normal skating ability.
Well, Amber's main issue is keeping focus in the long program. Her 3a has become so reliable, that I think she should also put it in the short. She can keep her focus in the short, and build up a lead going into the free. A clean short with a 3a should get her 78-79.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well, Amber's main issue is keeping focus in the long program. Her 3a has become so reliable, that I think she should also put it in the short. She can keep her focus in the short, and build up a lead going into the free. A clean short with a 3a should get her 78-79.
Is it focus or is it stamina ? Sometimes, getting a big jump out early makes the skater more tired.

I see what you mean with the 3A in the short. But then, it's super risky. Considering the nerves associated with it, it may not work out as well for her. She should try it all season next year and see if the risk is worth it.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Is it focus or is it stamina ? Sometimes, getting a big jump out early makes the skater more tired.

I see what you mean with the 3A in the short. But then, it's super risky. Considering the nerves associated with it, it may not work out as well for her. She should try it all season next year and see if the risk is worth it.
Amber has publicly stated she has ADHD, so I believe focus is the more likely culprit. She didn't seem winded at the end of her free program, IMHO.

LazyFuzai

Laziness is my only love.
On the Ice
We need some changes with skate picks.May be wrong to get Amber Glenn for example for some people