2025 4CC Dates Changed | Golden Skate

News 2025 4CC Dates Changed

News

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States

The International Skating Union (ISU) announces a modification to the dates of the ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2025 scheduled to be held in Seoul (KOR). Responding to a request from the Korean Skating Union (KSU), the ISU Council has approved the rescheduling of the Championships to February 18-23, 2025.

Originally, the dates were Feb 4th-9th 2025.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Originally, the dates were Feb 4th-9th 2025.
Gives plenty of time for Canadian and American nationals to happen now. But the turn around for worlds is tight... so we may see B teams ?

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Gives plenty of time for Canadian and American nationals to happen now. But the turn around for worlds is tight... so we may see B teams ?
Aside from Dance, the US sends the B team most of the time, so I don't think this will change who the US decides to send that much.

With the Canadians, that's opening the whole tech minimums can of worms with singles.......

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Aside from Dance, the US sends the B team most of the time, so I don't think this will change who the US decides to send that much.

With the Canadians, that's opening the whole tech minimums can of worms with singles.......
Men have their minimums.
Women : I don't think the minimums for 4CC are so much of an issue. It happens when juniors who never competed in seniors get top spots at Nationals... of course... at this point, let's hope that in 8 months, it will not be an issue. Also, with the qualifying round, doesn't it mean that minimums will be lowered for worlds ?

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Men have their minimums.
Women : I don't think the minimums for 4CC are so much of an issue. It happens when juniors who never competed in seniors get top spots at Nationals... of course... at this point, let's hope that in 8 months, it will not be an issue. Also, with the qualifying round, doesn't it mean that minimums will be lowered for worlds ?
I think the poster meant that Canada can't hope for skaters to get Worlds mins at 4CC, with 4CC being so late. Will they have to send skaters to other events? :eek:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Also, with the qualifying round, doesn't it mean that minimums will be lowered for worlds ?
For all disciplines but Ice Dance, I am almost 100% sure of the minimums being lowered.

(Ice Dance already had 36 entries this season, the upper limit for Worlds next season is 40, so lowering the minimums is probably not necessary/wanted)

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I think the poster meant that Canada can't hope for skaters to get Worlds mins at 4CC, with 4CC being so late. Will they have to send skaters to other events? :eek:
Worlds starts on the 23rd of March, so TES minimums achieved at 4CC should still be valid (The last day to get minimums should be the 2nd of March).

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I was thinking more along the lines of skaters not even getting sent out for a chance to get 4CC mins, let alone World mins.

In looking at the dates, I don't think we'll see too many split season skaters at 4CC since Junior Worlds starts Feb 24th in Hungary.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Worlds starts on the 23rd of March, so TES minimums achieved at 4CC should still be valid (The last day to get minimums should be the 2nd of March).
Yup... I would have been very surprised if the ISU had accepted a change of dates of 4CC that meant that scores achieved there cannot count for worlds... it would have created an unfair situation with Euros.

I was thinking more along the lines of skaters not even getting sent out for a chance to get 4CC mins, let alone World mins.

In looking at the dates, I don't think we'll see too many split season skaters at 4CC since Junior Worlds starts Feb 24th in Hungary.
that's what I had understood.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Just read that the arena Euros is supposed to be held in (Dom Sportova) is undergoing renovation after the 2020 earthquake and the ice hall could potentially be closed completely until the end of 2025.

If things go the way things have been going in skating lately, it's a realistic possibility that Euros will be moved as well - Either to a different country, or to a different arena within Zagreb. The other bigger event space that would be most suitable for Euros is scheduled to be used for the Men's Handball World Championship almost daily from the 16th to the 30th of January 2025, completely overlapping with the current dates for Euros (Jan 20 - 26, 2025). šŸ˜¶

Hopefully, the organising fed is keeping an eye on this issue and already has a plan in place, otherwise, that could become a bit of an issue.