Adeliia Petrosian | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Adeliia Petrosian

emmaleemochizuki

On the Ice
Just wondering. Can she competes for Armenia? I would love to see her on international stage, especially Senior Worlds, and Olympics some years later, but it's like a war in Russia at the moment in ladies, I don't see that happening very easily.

If she gets a quad or triple Axel, maybe... But as you saw here today, having those ultra C elements doesn't mean everything. I would really want to see her competing for Armenia maybe, at least she gets a chance. Is it possible?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Just wondering. Can she competes for Armenia? I would love to see her on international stage, especially Senior Worlds, and Olympics some years later, but it's like a war in Russia at the moment in ladies, I don't see that happening very easily.

If she gets a quad or triple Axel, maybe... But as you saw here today, having those ultra C elements doesn't mean everything. I would really want to see her competing for Armenia maybe, at least she gets a chance. Is it possible?
I think Adeliya is too good to be allowed to change flags. The other question is whether she would even want. She seems to be proud of her armenian heritage, on the other hand she was obviously singing the russian anthem very proudly today.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Yes she can! But you can't skate internationally for a couple years. For instance Anastasiia Gubanova has not skated internationally in more than two years so she could probably switch countries at this point and obviously she should. But not everyone wants to make the country switch just for their competitive careers or for personal reasons. But yes Adelia coming up with all the Sofia's and everyone else at the same time will not be easy for any of them.

As for the war among the Russian women that you speak of at the moment that's going to be more than at the moment that's going to be for a few years if not a few decades. ;) figure skating needs to do more of a ranking system like tennis and golf have it where the best skaters get in there regardless of country. I mean it's obvious Russian girls in Russian ladies deserve more than three spots in every competition. It's time for the international skating Union to come into the 21st century. Having a figure skater from say Albania in a world championship or Olympics is not as important as say a fourth Russian girl or Russian lady in an event. I think they can steal to both have small countries entered to grow the sport that have the countries that deserve an extra spot or two get that and grow the sport in a different way then getting people involved you must reward winners in life.

Adelia it's kind of hard to describe as a skater I used to think she was a mini Med. But I don't think that anymore. Petro can really do a lot on the ice and if she adds an ultra C jump or two watch out. But she just did beat Sofia S who has excellent Ultra C jumps by two spots in junior Nationals so maybe AP should just concentrate on perfecting her skating in the next year or two and then add an ultra C jump.

Too bad the juniors are done for the season in early February it really hurts not having a junior World Championship. They obviously should especially if they're going to have the senior worlds.

Tonight's the Night

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Too bad the juniors are done for the season in early February it really hurts not having a junior World Championship. They obviously should especially if they're going to have the senior worlds.

Well there will be the junior division for the Russia Cup final, right?

And isn't there still this rumor about Russia trying to set up some kind of substitute for Junior Worlds?

sparklestan

On the Ice
A bit late, but congratulations to Adelia for winning the silver medals at jr nationals!! Definitely the highlight of the event for me! Her presentation and skating skills are incredible and she is just full of charisma! Onwards and upwards!!

Tonight's the Night

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Adeliya junior nationals fan cam! From the youtube channel that keeps on giving:

Look for the big smile after her last jump at 02:51. Confidence and patience heading into the step sequence before closing strong...