Alina Zagitova: "I was nervous" | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova: "I was nervous"

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The teen claims that the victory was unexpected for her.

“I haven’t really realized,” she said immediately afterwards. “To skate at home is on the one hand harder, because you don’t want to let down your home and your fans. On the other hand, it is easier, because you get so much support.”

“I would like to thank my coaches for their patience,” she added modestly. “Personally, I would award myself 4 out 5 for the performance; there were some issues and I will try to correct them. I am happy that I skated two clean programs. Of course, I am also happy that I won the European championships, but there is still a long road ahead and I need to move on.”

More...

The youngest competitor at the entire event impressed the judges and the audience. Did she impress you?

Last edited:

rikaquegira

On the Ice

More...

The youngest competitor at the entire event impressed the judges and the audience. Did she impress you?

[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
Yes!!!
I was very impressed by Alina's control over the situation. She delivered. She skated lights out. Congrats!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It sure was impressive! There are a lot of mixed emotions about Alina and Evgenia in my mind. But no argument on how amazing her victory here was.

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
She certainly didn’t look nervous!!! Her Swan was a Firebird and she looked much calmer within herself during the LP in the moments where she sometimes in the face tends to look a little...human?

one thing I feel has always been apparent about Alina is that her emotions show quite clearly, be it immediately post skate or over in the K&C, might just be my opinion but she gives an air of vulnerability that others don’t project somehow (not saying this is bad, just my observation).
So for her to have a Game Face on is hugggge, IMO.

Well done, little ballerina!!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker

More...

Yes. I'm very impressed. And I hope she can bring this A-Game to the Olympics. And I hope that she won't disappear if she wins, because I want to see her grow and do different music styles, choreography and see new expressions from her in the future. That she was nervous...wow, you couldn't tell. She looked amazing and relaxed, the best we've seen her all season. Exactly one month until the short program. Good luck, Alina!